+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire our Moron AD?????

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Fire our Moron AD?????

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    No, it couldn’t. You don’t cancel something that was advertised just because your feelings are hurt after losing.
    Great point. Had he done that the attendance might have gone down over the last few years

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Its all a moot point because he has found several ways to kill attendance since then!

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    The very fact that we had fireworks is minor league. Fireworks should only be involved in conference championship games.
    I disagree.

46047387_964500123746345_3936015442891505664_o.jpg
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Fireworks are not minor league. The Astros do it after every Friday night home game.

Bulldog cic is just really nicecic is just really nicecic is just really nicecic is just really nicecic is just really nicecic is just really nicecic is just really nicecic is just really nicecic is just really nicecic is just really nicecic is just really nice cic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by THEarmada View Post
    Looking at attendance and perceived disinterest, our AD is failing to grow our athletic department. Facilities are great but they’re pointless if we don’t have any fans left.
    Exactly right. It is certainly odd how fast we've become complacent with winning seasons and bowl games, but there is something real to the disinterest issue. I have very little motivation to drive 4 hours and watch an inconsistent team in a very subdued environment. I don't know that we can pin this on the AD, but some changes are needed.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Yes, you do. And it's not about hurt feelings, unless you're concerned about the team. It's about not celebrating someone else's win. But, I don't really care about any of that. It's YOU saying they couldn't have been cancelled. Yes, they could've been. Very easily.
    That is precisely why you want it cancelled. “Don’t want to celebrate someone else’s win” is just being hurt you lost. If parents take their kid to the stadium with the promise of fireworks, you give them fireworks. Pro teams dont cancel fireworks after a loss, Ive been to a few Rangers games with fireworks even if they lost, cancelling that is amateur.

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

I do have to give someone credit, the video board and most of the music production seemed better to me. The music, although they probably did not play everyone's favorite songs, was much better in my opinion and all of the songs seemed to be at least tolerable to everyone. The video board seemed to be a little less juvenile also, maybe just my opinion, but seemed better along with some replays I noticed they put up.

Apparently someone listened, or maybe it was just my imagination, there seemed to be an improvement.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    That is precisely why you want it cancelled. “Don’t want to celebrate someone else’s win” is just being hurt you lost. If parents take their kid to the stadium with the promise of fireworks, you give them fireworks. Pro teams dont cancel fireworks after a loss, Ive been to a few Rangers games with fireworks even if they lost, cancelling that is amateur.
    Since we had paid for the fireworks, could've saved them for another game later on. Ya know...one that we won.

Puppy kbm86 is just really nicekbm86 is just really nicekbm86 is just really nicekbm86 is just really nicekbm86 is just really nicekbm86 is just really nicekbm86 is just really nicekbm86 is just really nicekbm86 is just really nicekbm86 is just really nicekbm86 is just really nice kbm86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BhadDawg View Post
    I do have to give someone credit, the video board and most of the music production seemed better to me. The music, although they probably did not play everyone's favorite songs, was much better in my opinion and all of the songs seemed to be at least tolerable to everyone.
    Apparently someone listened, or maybe it was just my imagination, there seemed to be an improvement.
    I love CCR, but whoever was in charge of the music played 'Fortunate Son' during our veteran recognition game Saturday. Probably not the best selection considering at least one of those recognized was a Vietnam Vet.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Thing is, you have the fireworks at halftime during a late game. That way, if you lay the biggest turd in Joe Aillet Stadium history, its not immortalized with a show.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

More replays of important plays, please.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    I disagree.

Attachment 14361
    To me, that doesn’t count. I talking about a post game fireworks show. Save that for games that really matter, and make sure we win before you light the fuse. I should have specified.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    To me, that doesn’t count. I talking about a post game fireworks show. Save that for games that really matter, and make sure we win before you light the fuse. I should have specified.
    Somebody other than Tech paid for the fireworks.
    It was Veterans Day weekend.
    A nighttime kickoff guarantees we can see them (if you're not in the pressbox).
    A 11 am kickoff (in two weeks for the last game) just would not have looked as nice.
    Bless your heart.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Play music that hypes up the team and students. Period. Make it a fun environment.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post
    Play music that hypes up the team and students. Period. Make it a fun environment.
    If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there to hear it, did it really make a noise ?? Students were a big no-show for the Rice game.

+ Reply to Thread