+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 48 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: 11/17: @ Southern Miss

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Re: 11/17: @ Southern Miss

Smith had a good 1st half, 2nd half not so much. He cant throw the deep ball to save his life. It's either badly underthrown or overthrown. Having said that, his WR didn't help out a lot either.

Champ BruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud of

Jack did nothing great but he made some routine throws to move the chains & outscore us by 1. I thought Jmar played about as good as “good” is for him. He missed every downfield throw to Tousiant who was behind the defender 3 (?) different times. Missed Alfred Smith on flag route in red zone but he also got into a bit of a rhythm until Skip decided to try the run again (why?)
    I could see Jmar being the #1 & Jack 1b coming out of spring prior to Jacks transferring. Both have their strengths but fairly even.
    I think we all knew this was a toss up game. The better coach won the toss - that simple.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BruceWillisDawg View Post
    Jack did nothing great but he made some routine throws to move the chains & outscore us by 1. I thought Jmar played about as good as “good” is for him. He missed every downfield throw to Tousiant who was behind the defender 3 (?) different times. Missed Alfred Smith on flag route in red zone but he also got into a bit of a rhythm until Skip decided to try the run again (why?)
    I could see Jmar being the #1 & Jack 1b coming out of spring prior to Jacks transferring. Both have their strengths but fairly even.
    I think we all knew this was a toss up game. The better coach won the toss - that simple.
    Real good post. I agree. 3 points in the 2nd half of any football game just isn't going to cut it. That's on the coaches.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Terence32 View Post
    Exactly lol, HD has some weird infatuation with little Jack. He did not beat Tech. Tech beat Tech, that slow tempo crap in the 3rd freaking quarter was a killer. Bet Skip wish he had all that time back on the clock. I’m still wondering what was the point of chewing up clock time in the 3rd quarter? Only up by 3, we have one of the wackiest coaches. It’s like he coaches to keep games close and hope for the best in the end.
    If Tech had been up 10 or even 7, I would have had no issue with chewing up clock in the 3rd quarter. But when you are up less than one score, you must try to score and not just run clock. And Tech's best chance to score was clearly in up-tempo offense.

Champ StrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to all StrongBad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    Honestly JMar is likely the best option. He was pretty darn good in the first half, despite the aweful drops. He was good for that 8 minute drive until the red-zone as well, with a dropped TD.

I think today made it clear it is Holtz’s offensive mind that is causing our failure. Most of the time this year when the offense is pushing, playing quickly, they do well. J’Mar looks fine in those situations.
    Honestly, you can't pin everything on the coach. The players play the game, and J'Mar has only passed for 2 touchdowns in the past 3 games.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    Smith had a good 1st half, 2nd half not so much. He cant throw the deep ball to save his life. It's either badly underthrown or overthrown. Having said that, his WR didn't help out a lot either.
    Most of the time J'Mar is late getting the ball out on deep throws, so receivers that broke open are covered again by the time the ball arrives.

Receivers are having to wait for balls that are short when he puts too much air under them or have no chance to make a play when there isn't enough air under them. It is clear he just doesn't have the touch to consistently complete deep throws without his receivers having to make spectacular plays.

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

bottom line: we have a shitty head coach who gets out-coached game after game! There is no hope for this program.
    Once again, Dr. Guice needs to fire T-Mac and Skippy before these two clowns destroy our program.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by latech View Post
    bottom line: we have a shitty head coach who gets out-coached game after game! There is no hope for this program.
    Once again, Dr. Guice needs to fire T-Mac and Skippy before these two clowns destroy our program.
    How dare you! Guice "gets it." Everything bad, including J'Mar Smith's inability to throw to wide open receivers, is Dan Reneau's fault. So, Guice doesn't have to do anything except what he's doing now....which is absolutely nothing.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

I think we have the better team overall. That's a game we should have won and I thought the players performed admirably. It came down to a few crucial penalties and a few crucial offensive play calls. For the life of me, I don't understand why you would try to kick a field goal to go up by 6 inside the 10 yard line. We did that twice (missing one). To go up by 6 simply means you can lose by one. If you go for it and don't make it, yes they can tie with a field goal but they are backed up deep in their own territory. I don't get the go up by 6 strategy within 10 yards, it's wreaks of fear to me.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

With our history, no Tech team that allows only 21 points against SHOULD lose. Leave it to #AbandonSkip to pull that off. 3 of Skip’s losses to USM, his defense allowed 21 or less.

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    How dare you! Guice "gets it." Everything bad, including J'Mar Smith's inability to throw to wide open receivers, is Dan Reneau's fault. So, Guice doesn't have to do anything except what he's doing now....which is absolutely nothing.
    As a student at Tech, Dr. Guice sponsored my undergrad research position. He has a great passion for Tech academy. I really hope he cares enough about Tech sports that he can correct his mistake with the hiring of TMac. I hope he doesn’t think TMac is a rockstar like Skip thinks of Jmar.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

As a student at Tech, Dr. Guice sponsored my undergrad research position. He has a great passion for Tech academy. I really hope he cares enough about Tech sports that he can correct his mistake with the hiring of TMac. I hope he doesn’t think TMac is a rockstar like Skip thinks of Jmar.
    Maybe it's the teacher in him that feels he can "educate and mold" TMac into a great sports mind from a young, lower leveled AD. It's the only thing I can figure out.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Reneau did more for Tech's academics and growth than any other prez. The beef against DR...on this forum, but nowhere else...is he didn't do enough for athletics. That he "didn't get it." We were told, by those same anti-DR types that Guice "gets it." Well...gets what? Gets that TMAC represents a good hire?

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    I think we have the better team overall. That's a game we should have won and I thought the players performed admirably. It came down to a few crucial penalties and a few crucial offensive play calls. For the life of me, I don't understand why you would try to kick a field goal to go up by 6 inside the 10 yard line. We did that twice (missing one). To go up by 6 simply means you can lose by one. If you go for it and don't make it, yes they can tie with a field goal but they are backed up deep in their own territory. I don't get the go up by 6 strategy within 10 yards, it's wreaks of fear to me.
    We knew points were at a premium because USM doesn't give up many points. The first FG meant a FG by USM wouldn't tie the game (down 6 they would have to score a TD to win... which they did). The second FG meant they would have to score twice to win (down 9, they would need a TD and a FG to win.... but we missed the first FG. Very doubtful USM could have scored a TD and a FG the way our defense was playing). You have to get some points down that close, even if it's only 3. We needed all 6 to win, but only got 3. 14 would have been awesome, but 6 was really all we needed to win the game because USM's offense was not moving the ball very well.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StrongBad View Post
    Les will suck it up at Kansas just like he did at Oklahoma State and just how he did at LSU once he bled off Saban's left overs. I wish LSU still had him because they deserve each other. I just want Louisiana Tech to stop being a stepping stone and get a coach who wants to be the coach and wants to win every game.

Huh? Check your history chief.

+ Reply to Thread