+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 48 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: 11/17: @ Southern Miss

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: 11/17: @ Southern Miss

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Always easy to predict a loss. If you’re wrong, nobody cares because we won.

Aren’t you the guy who says Vegas knows? Vegas says we win (line moving our way too).
    Has Vegas been right on us this year?

I have not predicted a loss except for lsu, miss st, and FAU. I was wrong on FAU. I'm not wrong in USM. Holtz pees his pants when he plays them.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Has Vegas been right on us this year?

I have not predicted a loss except for lsu, miss st, and FAU. I was wrong on FAU. I'm not wrong in USM. Holtz pees his pants when he plays them.
    Here’s hoping you’re wrong again...I’ll buy a powerball ticket just in case.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

When will the Hattiesburg Gannett writer share a "I can't wait to play Tech" feature story on Abraham with the Shreveport/Monroe Gannettzoid bookends?
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

A healthy Dancy is a big deal for our conference games. In fact, I think we would have beaten UNT decisively had he played. I don't know if we could have beaten UAB, but I definitely think it would have made a significant difference in the final score. He's really our only "home run" threat at RB.

As for receiver, seems like we can't figure out how to incorporate more than 2 into any specific game. At times, it's Bonnette making the most noise. Then, in other contests, it's Veal making the majority of plays. Skip to the next game, it's Hardy on every other pass play. Can we possibly utilize all 3 in the SAME game? For example, I'd like to see us decoy the screen in the flat to Veal and throw it deep to Bonnette streaking down the opposite hash. Veal is good with the fade routes and the curls. Hardy on the sidelines and deep middle. Bonnette runs a good slant and deep hash. Throw them all in the SAME GAME!

Since we're completely healthy, can we utilize the complete arsenal?

Have to jump a couple of routes Abraham makes his money with. Pressure him and force him to try to beat us deep. Those plays take longer to develop and he has a tendency to float the ball or get sacked.

I think we should win this game.
    Last edited by boxerdog; 11-14-2018 at 09:34 PM.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Is Bonnette for sure back? That would help a lot.

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    A healthy Dancy is a big deal for our conference games. In fact, I think we would have beaten UNT decisively had he played. I don't know if we could have beaten UAB, but I definitely think it would have made a significant difference in the final score. He's really our only "home run" threat at RB.

As for receiver, seems like we can't figure out how to incorporate more than 2 into any specific game. At times, it's Bonnette making the most noise. Then, in other contests, it's Veal making the majority of plays. Skip to the next game, it's Hardy on every other pass play. Can we possibly utilize all 3 in the SAME game? For example, I'd like to see us decoy the screen in the flat to Veal and throw it deep to Bonnette streaking down the opposite hash. Veal is good with the fade routes and the curls. Hardy on the sidelines and deep middle. Bonnette runs a good slant and deep hash. Throw them all in the SAME GAME!

Have to jump a couple of routes Abraham makes his money with. Pressure him and force him to try to beat us deep. Those plays take longer to develop and he has a tendency to float the ball or get sacked.

I agree. Fancy definitely opens things up for our offense with his running ability and ability to catch the ball out of the back field.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post

Very good analysis.

I agree on the outcome. I expect a 10 point victory.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

7 defensive men on the LOS will create enough problems for our OC (Holtz) to panic and then he butts in to our QB coaches coaching of our QB the entire game to confuse him even more.

Not sure why some of our more knowledgeable fans expect anything different that we've seen since the lsu game.

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    7 defensive men on the LOS will create enough problems for our OC (Holtz) to panic and then he butts in to our QB coaches coaching of our QB the entire game to confuse him even more.

Not sure why some of our more knowledgeable fans expect anything different that we've seen since the lsu game.
    I don't disagree. That said we've lost 1 conference game with that same formula. Honestly I can see this one going either way, even a blowout either way. If Abraham tries to do too much, it could be pick six city. J'Mar, on the other hand, is so inaccurate it doesn't matter.

Let's win this game and bring home an unsatisfying 10 win season.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Vegas says we win (line moving our way too).
    How many times has Vegas been right on Tech football in 10 games this year? once? twice?
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    How many times has Vegas been right on Tech football in 10 games this year? once? twice?
    Vegas don't know.

I think we've been favored to beat USM all 5 games while in CUSA together. We are 2-3 though.

Quote Originally Posted by touchdown123 View Post
    I don't disagree. That said we've lost 1 conference game with that same formula..
    For some reason UNT did not play us that way. They tried to cover us and even though our QB had his usual bad game, his receivers bailed him out on a couple of great plays. One was a circus catch. They other was caught by a receiver who just happened to be in the area of grounder to the end zone.

All the others did what it take to rattle our HC and QB. We managed to win against the worst defenses in college football.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by THEarmada View Post
    I agree. Fancy definitely opens things up for our offense with his running ability and ability to catch the ball out of the back field.

Big Dog tech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to all

I have never seen Skip rattled . I cannot say that pressure doesn't cause JMar problems, but that's the idea of pressure .
    We had the bye week at the worst time and way to many road games and we still won on the road at North Texas and FAU . It's time to accept that this is what we are and " embrace the suck" .

+ Reply to Thread