+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 11/17: @ Southern Miss

Champ bleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to behold bleudog's Avatar

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: 11/17 @ Southern Miss

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    I have evaluated them.

For shits and giggles:

#13 Penn St
    #17 North Texas
    #26 Washington
    #28 Texas
    #29 Utah
    #32 Boston College
    #35 Virginia
    #36 Houston
    #38 Kentucky
    #40 Duke
    #47 Ga Southern
    #49 Florida
    #52 MTSU
    #64 San Diego St
    #66 N Illinois
    #69 Louisiana Tech
    #70 South Florida
    #72 Florida Intl

Dunno why UNT is so high. \shrug
    Looks like more shit than giggles to me.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Looks like more shit than giggles to me.
    You know what they say about computers. GIGO (garbage in, garbage out). I haven't had time to adjust my algorithms this year the way I normally do, so you get some weird outliers.

Champ RhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: 11/17: @ Southern Miss

Does anyone know if the Tech Alumni Association is hosting a tailgate in Hattiesburg?

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux Dawgs View Post
    Sad but true!!! Potential 9 win season IN SPITE of coaching and QB play.
    That's actually a sign that you have a talented team. All-around team. If you can win despite coaching and QBing. Good recruiting I suppose.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    That's actually a sign that you have a talented team. All-around team. If you can win despite coaching and QBing. Good recruiting I suppose.
    When you can go to Baton Rouge and play a top 10 team like we did, you know overall we have talent. When you can in the same year play teams like Rice, UTEP and USA as bad as we did, you know that same team has problems of leadership. I know that even the best teams have letdown games every year, but that seems to be the norm for us.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by talonofdeath View Post
    Law of averages favors LT in this one. Sooner or later you gotta take one.

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    When you can go to Baton Rouge and play a top 10 team like we did, you know overall we have talent. When you can in the same year play teams like Rice, UTEP and USA as bad as we did, you know that same team has problems of leadership. I know that even the best teams have letdown games every year, but that seems to be the norm for us.
    I am not a smart man, but twice I've seen Holtz have very questionable game plans. I remember when we played Army in 2013, his game plan was to stop their passing game and they rushed for about 450 yards on us (Army!). Last week we play the worst pass defense in the country. We can't run the ball on anybody, but our game plan was to run on Rice? Fortunately, he figured out that passing was the best way to go and blew them out in the 2nd half. It makes me question what's going on in the brain sometimes. But I don't feel qualified to pass these judgements because he's been doing this for 31 years.... surely he knows more than I know. I think maybe he overthinks this stuff.... just go do what we do best against everybody we play... simplify the game and let the better athletes win or lose.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

I am not a smart man, but twice I've seen Holtz have very questionable game plans. I remember when we played Army in 2013, his game plan was to stop their passing game and they rushed for about 450 yards on us (Army!). Last week we play the worst pass defense in the country. We can't run the ball on anybody, but our game plan was to run on Rice? Fortunately, he figured out that passing was the best way to go and blew them out in the 2nd half. It makes me question what's going on in the brain sometimes. But I don't feel qualified to pass these judgements because he's been doing this for 31 years.... surely he knows more than I know. I think maybe he overthinks this stuff.... just go do what we do best against everybody we play... simplify the game and let the better athletes win or lose.
    You and I and Holtz all have won the same number of conference championships at Tech.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    You and I and Holtz all have won the same number of conference championships at Tech.
    And Dooley and Peace. Which is only 1 less than Dykes and Bicknell.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Did y’all know we have a chance to win 10 games this season, something NO Tech team has done since going to FBS? I have been hearing a lot about this from Coach Holtz and others on the radio this week. This must be a VERY special team.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

And Dooley and Peace. Which is only 1 less than Dykes and Bicknell.
    Dykes only won conference championships 33 percent of the time? That’s terrible.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    Dykes only won conference championships 33 percent of the time? That’s terrible.
    Not a slight on Dykes. Just saying not many coaches have won championships at Tech (at this level). It's not the norm here. Not sure why we expect it to be now.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Fans today have access to more football games than ever before. Today's technology and the availability of games --not to mention the coaching expertise that often accompanies those games-- allows us fans the opportunity to compare LA Tech's players and game plans to the players & game plans from other teams and conferences, etc....Because of technology, we fans can watch J'Mar's poor throwing mechanics 10 times in slow motion just like the coaches can. If J'Mar holds the football too long, or doesn't see an open receiver down the sideline, we can see it on replays often BEFORE Holtz does. In fact, because Holtz is on the sideline with no access to TV, it wouldn't surprise me to learn that we know MUCH MORE about his QB's poor game performance, or the coaches ineffective game plan, before he does when he gives his first post game interviews. Furthermore, because most of us watch NFL games closely, most of us KNOW what a real QB talent and game plan is supposed to look like, etc.....

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I think this is where some people make the mistake of always thinking someone else knows more than they do.

Fans today have access to more football games than ever before. Today's technology and the availability of games --not to mention the coaching expertise that often accompanies those games-- allows us fans the opportunity to compare LA Tech's players and game plans to the players & game plans from other teams and conferences, etc....Because of technology, we fans can watch J'Mar's poor throwing mechanics 10 times in slow motion just like the coaches can. If J'Mar holds the football too long, or doesn't see an open receiver down the sideline, we can see it on replays often BEFORE Holtz does. In fact, because Holtz is on the sideline with no access to TV, it wouldn't surprise me to learn that we know MUCH MORE about his QB's game performance than he does when he gives hi first post game interviews. Furthermore, because most of us watch NFL games closely, we KNOW what a real QB talent is supposed to look like, etc.....

The point is, its not like most modern day fans these days are coming at this from an ignorant point of view. WE have a lot of information too. We too, know what a good QB and strong leadership looks like.
    Well, yeah... I can armchair QB with the best of them. But if I were given this team and it was my responsibility to hire the best staff I could with my limited budget and recruit the best athletes I could to Ruston, LA, and then prepare them for games during the Fall, Winter, Spring, and Summer and then call crucial plays at crucial times... I would go with Holtz over me.

+ Reply to Thread