+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Assessment of LSU game

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Assessment of LSU game

Derric Jean is our leader. Even while on the bench, he is standing to help coach and encourage the players on the court. Once he fouled out, it was gonna be tough to win without him.

Duruji can flat out shoot...and jump. He is very very good and athletic. I thought he was the best player on the court tonight and so did most of the LSwhoo fans.

Christon in my opinion didn't shoot enough tonight. He went out with either an ankle or knee injury late in the game. I hope he is ok b/c he is critical to the team. He is awesome. I really believe if Christon and Jean are in the game until the end that we win.

I thought Powell did a good job banging down low. He is tough.

Bracey didn't have a great game and I thought he was mentally out of it. If he didn't get a call or was called for a foul, I thought he held his head down. He is amazingly quick handling the ball. He had some nice passes and I like the way he drives the lane.

Archibald played ok tonight. I thought he would be a little more explosive but LSU defended him well.

Pemberton gave some good quality minutes in relief.

Muhammed looked a little slow to what was going on in the game. He did give some good quality minutes as well. He is a physical strong player.

The DAWGS out rebounded LSU, had way more turnovers and that was the difference. LSU shot terrible and they still beat us b/c of turnovers. I know at one time we had 15 to their 6, not sure how it ended up. LSU probably had close to 10 blocks as well.

Overall, it was a great game. The game was closer than what the score indicates. We should make some noise in conference USA this year. Again, everyone around me was impressed by Duruji. He is a special player.
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Assessment of LSU game

Turnovers, missed free throws, went cold in crunch time and took quite a few ill-advised 3pt attempts late in the game when possessions were at a premium.

Agreed about Duruji. He is smooth and extremely athletic. How did he slip thru the recruiting cracks??

Looked like it was Christon's knee. Hopefully he didn't tear anything.

Powell missed some that he would like to have back, but he played really well otherwise. He was making his presence known around the paint.

LSU has some talent. That is probably the best team we play this season.

We look poised to make a run in CUSA.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hambone29 View Post
    Turnovers, missed free throws, went cold in crunch time and took quite a few ill-advised 3pt attempts late in the game when possessions were at a premium.

Agreed about Duruji. He is smooth and extremely athletic. How did he slip thru the recruiting cracks??

Looked like it was Christon's knee. Hopefully he didn't tear anything.

Powell missed some that he would like to have back, but he played really well otherwise. He was making his presence known around the paint.

LSU has some talent. That is probably the best team we play this season.

We look poised to make a run in CUSA.
    Once LSU went to zone on defense, we looked clueless. We were slow moving the ball around and didn't even try to penetrate the lane.
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

www.casadice.com

Champ rockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond repute

Which one of you gave this assessment on Facebook:

“What is it with the infatuation Konkol has with Daquan Bracey? We are up 8 points,12:00 to go, and he inserts Bracey, who then, over the rest of the game turns it over 5 times, starts jackin-up 3-pointers (and makes none of them), fouls 5 times, forcing and missing wild lay-ups...think about that! That's 15 times, 15 times in the last 12 minutes that he fouled, turned it over, and missed shots to give the ball back to LSU--and single-handedly lets LSU have the game. This, without Konkol ever pulling him out of the game!!! The rest of the players looking around like "if we did that, we'd be on the end of the bench!" Why didnt he pull him out? Why not? Other fans see this, the players see this---it's exactly why our very best player, Jalen Harris, left the team last year! He confronted Konkol with it and Konkol told him if he didnt like it, hit the road! This coaching pattern needs to be addressed by the AD. It's why I didnt re-new my season tickets and now, the gym is almost empty when they play at home... there were better players that should have been in the game, that had built up that 8-point lead for Tech...Konkol and Bracey just threw it away.”

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

If you hope to actually be good, you have to have "zone busters." Guys who can consistently knock down 3's. It's a skill-set no different than ball handling and other basketball skills. In college ball you have to actually recruit such shooters.

And/or you have to a real half-court offense. But that is mostly gone from basketball at all levels. Most, if not all, current players have NEVER seen a true half-court offense and young coaches are clueless what one looks like. It requires ACTUAL coaching, preparation, practice (lots of it), and smart players...forget all of that, ain't happening these days!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rockdog View Post
    Which one of you gave this assessment on Facebook:

“What is it with the infatuation Konkol has with Daquan Bracey? We are up 8 points,12:00 to go, and he inserts Bracey, who then, over the rest of the game turns it over 5 times, starts jackin-up 3-pointers (and makes none of them), fouls 5 times, forcing and missing wild lay-ups...think about that! That's 15 times, 15 times in the last 12 minutes that he fouled, turned it over, and missed shots to give the ball back to LSU--and single-handedly lets LSU have the game. This, without Konkol ever pulling him out of the game!!! The rest of the players looking around like "if we did that, we'd be on the end of the bench!" Why didnt he pull him out? Why not? Other fans see this, the players see this---it's exactly why our very best player, Jalen Harris, left the team last year! He confronted Konkol with it and Konkol told him if he didnt like it, hit the road! This coaching pattern needs to be addressed by the AD. It's why I didnt re-new my season tickets and now, the gym is almost empty when they play at home... there were better players that should have been in the game, that had built up that 8-point lead for Tech...Konkol and Bracey just threw it away.”
    Not defending Konkol, but Bracey has been good, mostly. Maybe Konkol was thinking, okay, Bracey is having a tough night, so far, but he'll break out of it any minute! And Powell, who was good vs. SHSU, couldn't hang on to the ball and make a few chippy shots. Tough night for both Bracey and Powell.

In the post game show the coach for LSU said that he new Bracey was playing hurt....?

www.casadice.com

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

It wasn't just Bracey jacking up the missed 3 pointers. It was all of our guards except Christon. All LSU had to do was play zone, take out Christon, and watch us miss 3's.

G Bracey 0 of 3 on 3-pointers
    G Jean 1 of 4
    G Archibald 2 of 6
    G Langston 0 of 2
    G Christon 4 of 8

That is horrible long range shooting.

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    Once LSU went to zone on defense, we looked clueless. We were slow moving the ball around and didn't even try to penetrate the lane.
    Particularly when they dropped into zone after the press. By the time we broke the press and then got into an offense to attack the zone, we had 10 seconds left. Really good coaching by LSU there

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by touchdown123 View Post
    Particularly when they dropped into zone after the press. By the time we broke the press and then got into an offense to attack the zone, we had 10 seconds left. Really good coaching by LSU there
    On top of that I'm pretty sure they would switch zone defenses frequently down the stretch. Confusing us more. We should have attacked early right after we drop press. Mistake there imo

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    In the post game show the coach for LSU said that he new Bracey was playing hurt....?
    He got a bad ankle sprain on a hard foul late in the WSU game -

He has missed the last two ballgames

He is the BEST player on our roster PERIOD

For us to be successful he has to play - him missing a lot of games in the second half last year due to back issues was the prime reason we had the season we had

Glad Duruji got back on track - he has really struggled the last 3 games

Powell is the wild card on this team - sneaky good and constantly improving - missed a lot of chippys last night down the stretch that he normally makes
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Big Dog Rama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant future Rama Jama's Avatar

In the post game, HC said "there are no moral victories here. We came in here expecting to win. We are disappointed". THIS is excellent. No "everybody gets a trophy stuff'. Few things in life are more FUN than winning. And on the other hand, losing should never be made to feel OK. I am optimistic about what we will do this year.

Varsity Bulldog deb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by Rama Jama View Post
    In the post game, HC said "there are no moral victories here. We came in here expecting to win. We are disappointed". THIS is excellent. No "everybody gets a trophy stuff'. Few things in life are more FUN than winning. And on the other hand, losing should never be made to feel OK. I am optimistic about what we will do this year.

I am too. We have a lot of talent. CUSA is vastly improved overall this year, it appears. However, I feel like this team can beat anyone in our league if we play to our potential. I hope Christion injury last night was minor. If we can stay healthy we can do some damage.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Bracey is better when he starts, he never got a good feel for the game. He will bounce back no doubt. As for Duruji, he looked like the best player on the court. We were close to beating them, really close. Powell was a tad rushed but his shots and moves were right. Christon is a better rebounder than I thought. Love Muhammed. This team looks for real.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by deb025 View Post
    [/B]I am too. We have a lot of talent. CUSA is vastly improved overall this year, it appears. However, I feel like this team can beat anyone in our league if we play to our potential. I hope Christion injury last night was minor. If we can stay healthy we can do some damage.
    I think he was hurt on a 3 pt attempt. I certainly don't understand why Tech didn't get 3 FTs as he was clearly fouled.

+ Reply to Thread