+ Reply to Thread
Page 186 of 197 FirstFirst ... 86136176184185186187188196 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,790 of 2947

Thread: Presidential Election 2020

Champ turbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond repute turbodawg's Avatar

Re: Presidential Election 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Tech’s decision to do away with Petroleum Engineering looks even more prescient these days.
    More of a Board of Regents decision, yeah?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by turbodawg View Post
    More of a Board of Regents decision, yeah?
    Their way of doing business. We were not "forced" to do it.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Sad to see an American President try to convince state lawmakers from giving their electoral college votes to the person that gets the most votes in the state. It is like he thinks this is Russia or something. Just more proof that this man should have never been trusted with the most powerful office in the world.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

My roommate was a Petroleum Engineering major, then changed to geology, and ended up working for some oil company for a while. Later he found he liked IT and earned another degree in CIS and is today a VP for some high tech company. Over the years I have met Tech grads who work in the O&G industry and often the topic of Tech dropping PE comes up. Usually people say Tech should have kept the program, even if it was tweaked in some way. I don't know enough about it to offer an opinion...so, anyone?

Champ FriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond repute FriscoDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    My roommate was a Petroleum Engineering major, then changed to geology, and ended up working for some oil company for a while. Later he found he liked IT and earned another degree in CIS and is today a VP for some high tech company. Over the years I have met Tech grads who work in the O&G industry and often the topic of Tech dropping PE comes up. Usually people say Tech should have kept the program, even if it was tweaked in some way. I don't know enough about it to offer an opinion...so, anyone?
    I had almost the identical path as your roommate. Back when Haynesville shale was going gangbusters, I reached out to the dean of Engineering at Tech to ask about reconstituting the Geology or PE programs due to all of the O&G activity in the area. He said that Tech was looking to have an "energy engineering" program which would not focus just on fossil fuels, but all types of energy. It sounded great when he pitched it to me, asked if I would be willing to be on a advisory board and I said yes. That was over 10 years ago, and I never heard anything back.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Sad to see an American President try to convince state lawmakers from giving their electoral college votes to the person that gets the most votes in the state. It is like he thinks this is Russia or something. Just more proof that this man should have never been trusted with the most powerful office in the world.
    You are not sad, you are happy about it. You are such a bogus human being.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    You are not sad, you are happy about it. You are such a bogus human being.
    Sounds like you are projecting.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDog View Post
    asked if I would be willing to be on a advisory board and I said yes. That was over 10 years ago, and I never heard anything back.
    Tech being Tech.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I seem to recall that two EC voters in Texas (?) and one in another state voted for Killary even though their states' EC votes should have gone to Trump 100%. Didn't change the outcome...was considered an "understandable protest vote..." or some such nonsense. They were lauded for it, of course, by the Libtards.

Yes, I recognize that a few malcontents is not the same as entire states not voting the way the popular vote went. But, those three should have been reamed by everyone...not lauded.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I seem to recall that two EC voters in Texas (?) and one in another state voted for Killary even though their states' EC votes should have gone to Trump 100%. Didn't change the outcome...was considered an "understandable protest vote..." or some such nonsense. They were lauded for it, of course, by the Libtards.

Yes, I recognize that a few malcontents is not the same as entire states not voting the way the popular vote went. But, those three should have been reamed by everyone...not lauded.
    No they didn’t. The faithless electors in TX went to other Republican candidates. None of Trump’s went to Hillary and Hillary lost more faithless electors than Trump (her went mostly to Bernie).

The fact that the President of the US would request officials to not faithfully carry out the vote is inexcusable and a dangerous precedent to start. The Republicans that won’t check him are spineless unprincipled scum that need to get thrown out of office as well.

Champ turbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond repute turbodawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Their way of doing business. We were not "forced" to do it.
    Not doubting you, but are you sure? Seems like that was BOR call...Low enrollment, low completion. BOR does something...not sure exactly what.

I do recall at the time rig count was as low as it’s been since Halliburton’s been keeping count..

Champ FriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond repute FriscoDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by turbodawg View Post
    Not doubting you, but are you sure? Seems like that was BOR call...Low enrollment, low completion. BOR does something...not sure exactly what.

I do recall at the time rig count was as low as it’s been since Halliburton’s been keeping count..
    BOR has also been known to play politics to keep the other schools (Not named LSU) "in their place". Example: Mid 80's USL had a very good "Software Engineering" program/degree. In fact in was one of the few in the country at the time, and was getting high praises. I believe the BOR took that program from USL and gave it to LSU. Saying something to the effect of "Thanks for getting this started, but you have taken this as far as you can go. LSU will take it from here".

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Dropping Petroleum Eng. and Geology was really short sighted for Tech’s endowment growth.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

I think Trump should concede right after Stacy Abrams concedes the race for GA governor.

+ Reply to Thread