+ Reply to Thread
Page 127 of 197 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137177 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 2947

Thread: Presidential Election 2020

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Re: Presidential Election 2020

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Puhleeze!! this is an easy one. McConnell was interviewed in 2016 and clearly said that in a POTUS election year when...now, Goosey pay attention...the party holding the WH and the party holding the Senate are DIFFERENT!! then he would not engage in the confirmation process. That was the case in 2016. Now, in 2020 the same party holds both the WH and the Senate. I know it can be confusing for you so maybe a chart will help...

2016 WH Dem Senate GOP

2020 WH GOP Senate GOP

Got it?
    McConnell didn’t draw the distinction based on the composition of the Senate in 2016. His argument was one on principle - that in an election year the voters should decide.

We know the man has no principles, so I am not surprised. He has just again been exposed as the partisan political hack that he has always been putting party above country.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    You mean like when Obama nominated Garland? Or when Reagan nominated Kennedy as a lame duck and a Democrat Senate confirmed?

Lately it is Republicans that only follow the Thurmond rule when it suits them politically.
    LOL.

Your boy Joe Creepy Hiden was against it in 1992, for it in 2016, now against it again in 2020.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

MORE....no one wants to see that travesty the Dems pulled off in the Kavanaugh hearing. That 21 Senator panel and all the lies and all the stories and all the showboating...OMG! Whatever the simplest, to the point Senate rules are, do just that. The Dems while the majority in the Senate changed some of the rules, 2013, and the GOP has slam-dunked them twice, hopefully, thrice since then. Do it again Mitch! Eff 'em! Play the same games the Left plays, only being much smarter, it's easy to beat them at their own games.

I guarantee the Leftist thugs will be bussed in, paid (Soros), and will be turned loose to riot and to burn and to cause all kinds of harm and folks like Goosey, and the other libtards here, will applaud it all, while at the same time blaming Trump for it. So, since we all know exactly what will happen, then just ram home a VERY conservative SC justice. That piece of slime Roberts, a Bush nominee...should have guessed it, straight from The Swamp, is a lefty. No moderates, none of that stupidness trying to appease the Left with a nominee even one Dem might like...eff 'em! You can't appease the evil Left. Stand up and fight 'em!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

McConnell didn’t draw the distinction based on the composition of the Senate in 2016. His argument was one on principle - that in an election year the voters should decide.

We know the man has no principles, so I am not surprised. He has just again been exposed as the partisan political hack that he has always been putting party above country.
    Wrong! he says it clearly in that recorded interview. I just saw it yesterday, I think it was Brett Bair doing the interview, and McConnell reiterated the difference between 2016 and 2020. It really is that simple.

Besides, defeating the evil Left is putting the country first.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDog View Post
    Democrats on Reddit and Dem underground are in nuclear meltdown.. Quite a few of them are very ticked off at RGB saying she should have resigned during Obama's admin so he could have picked her successor, now Trump gets to pick one. I hope Trump picks Amy Coney Barrett.. Good Catholic Louisiana woman, Constitutional Conservative.
    Well, you can bet that she will have been spotted by some dem operative holding a red solo cup next to a punch bowl at some frat party.

Makes me laugh that the left will now start pontificating about how it is morally imperative that we wait until Joe has a chance to work with the Chinese to steal the election. Where was that moral imperative when they decided to destroy a man's character in the name of politics (knowing that most of their policies come from their court appointees because Americans won't vote for them)?

Libs can save their moral whining for those with short memories. Name a successor ASAP!

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Wrong! he says it clearly in that recorded interview. I just saw it yesterday, I think it was Brett Bair doing the interview, and McConnell reiterated the difference between 2016 and 2020. It really is that simple.

Besides, defeating the evil Left is putting the country first.
    I know that McConnell says that now. But that was not the argument he made back then.

I know that McConnell says that now. But that was not the argument he made back then.
    OMG! there is a taped interview from 2016 of him saying that. I know you are truth/facts deprived because you watch CNN, but it is out there to be seen. Now, some might still take exception with his position, but he did say it back in 2016.

I said then, in 2016, the GOP Senate should have held hearings of Garland, and then voted him down!

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

You mean like when Obama nominated Garland? Or when Reagan nominated Kennedy as a lame duck and a Democrat Senate confirmed?

Lately it is Republicans that only follow the Thurmond rule when it suits them politically.
    Speaking of Obama, here’s what he said in October 2016.

“The need for a ninth Justice is undeniably clear.”

OMG! there is a taped interview from 2016 of him saying that. I know you are truth/facts deprived because you watch CNN, but it is out there to be seen. Now, some might still take exception with his position, but he did say it back in 2016.

I said then, in 2016, the GOP Senate should have held hearings of Garland, and then voted him down!
    Actually, I haven’t seen any TV since RBG’s passing. I will watch some football today and tomorrow, but it is doubtful that I will see any TV news coverage of this for a few days. That isn’t where I get news anyway.

But, if McConnell said what you said he said in 2016, then I am wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    Speaking of Obama, here’s what he said in October 2016.

“The need for a ninth Justice is undeniably clear.”
    Well, if the Republicans do decide to flip the balance of power with a President that doesn’t even have support of the majority of the population, I would support expanding the court to flip it back.

Well, if the Republicans do decide to flip the balance of power with a President that doesn’t even have support of the majority of the population, I would support expanding the court to flip it back.
    All democrats supported election year nomination in 2016. You guys are a bunch of 1st class hypocrites.

Champ FriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond repute FriscoDog's Avatar

That's because the Republicans, much much to your disappointment, have control of Senate. If the roles were reversed, Chuck and Nancy wouldn't wait a day. Biden was against it, Then he was for it in 2016, now he is against it again.. Yeah they all flip flop.. but only focus on Republicans..

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    All democrats supported election year nomination in 2016. You guys are a bunch of 1st class hypocrites.
    I am not a democrat.

Champ FriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond repute FriscoDog's Avatar

So if Trump wins and Republicans keep Senate,, you would favor Trump expanding Court to ensure liberals could not flip it back??

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDog View Post
    That's because the Republicans, much much to your disappointment, have control of Senate. If the roles were reversed, Chuck and Nancy wouldn't wait a day. Biden was against it, Then he was for it in 2016, now he is against it again.. Yeah they all flip flop.. but only focus on Republicans..
    Democrats controlled the senate when they confirmed lame duck Reagan’s pick in 87/88.

+ Reply to Thread