+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 154 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 2297

Thread: Presidential Election 2020

  1. #16
    Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    34,239

    Re: Presidential Election 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    And likewise Trump supporters have no credibility with independent-minded folks.
    Setting aside his rhetoric....if you can. I know it's really hard for anti-Trumpers, those suffering from TDS, to get past his mouth/tweets, because when I engage such folks in a discussion, it always comes back to that. I've mentioned I have a lot of FLAMING LIBERAL friends. I mean the most liberal-minded people you've ever met. And when the topic of Trump comes up, they roll their eyes, some mutter expletives, and then we get into POLICIES. No, they don't agree with all of his policies, mostly because they don't understand what they are. No! it's true. I find libs to be the most misinformed people you'll ever meet. But, setting that aside for a moment, even when I can get them to understand what his policy is, and they AGREE with it! they'll say, well, yeah, but he's mean-spirited! But, I say, that policy you agree with HELPS those YOU say he is being mean-spirited toward.

    So, goosey, as the spokesperson (see, I said "person" not "man", I am so PC!) for the "independents" in America, er, "independent-minded folks" are there ANY, I mean, just ONE! policy proposed by President Trump that you agree with? One thing, as POTUS, if you were 100% honest, you would say: I agree with President Trump on that issue.

    Let's start with that.

    Thanks.

  2. #17
    Champ FriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond repute FriscoDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Frisco, TX
    Posts
    2,756

    Re: Presidential Election 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    And likewise Trump supporters have no credibility with independent-minded folks.
    Question for you since you live in TX too. Beto said in his campaign that wanted to transform Texas. He also stated he could support the elimination of ICE and also wanted to ban certain guns. Texas currently has no state income tax, very good schools and businesses around the country are coming to TX with headquarters. What's wrong with TX?

  3. #18
    Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    52,554

    Re: Presidential Election 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDog View Post
    What's wrong with TX?
    Too many socialists liberals if they thought Beno would make things better for Texas.

    Open borders...more illegals is just what Texas needs.
    "eye fo an eye and toof fo a toof" - Idiot in Missouri

  4. #19
    Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    In your mind and under your skin
    Posts
    26,022

    Re: Presidential Election 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDog View Post
    Question for you since you live in TX too. Beto said in his campaign that wanted to transform Texas. He also stated he could support the elimination of ICE and also wanted to ban certain guns. Texas currently has no state income tax, very good schools and businesses around the country are coming to TX with headquarters. What's wrong with TX?
    Taxes are a wash because our property taxes are so high. I don’t intend to retire here because it is stupid to pay that much tax in retirement.

    Otherwise, Texas’s “blue” areas - the cities - are pretty good. Texas’s diversity is one of its strengths.

  5. #20
    Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    In your mind and under your skin
    Posts
    26,022

    Re: Presidential Election 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Setting aside his rhetoric....if you can. I know it's really hard for anti-Trumpers, those suffering from TDS, to get past his mouth/tweets, because when I engage such folks in a discussion, it always comes back to that. I've mentioned I have a lot of FLAMING LIBERAL friends. I mean the most liberal-minded people you've ever met. And when the topic of Trump comes up, they roll their eyes, some mutter expletives, and then we get into POLICIES. No, they don't agree with all of his policies, mostly because they don't understand what they are. No! it's true. I find libs to be the most misinformed people you'll ever meet. But, setting that aside for a moment, even when I can get them to understand what his policy is, and they AGREE with it! they'll say, well, yeah, but he's mean-spirited! But, I say, that policy you agree with HELPS those YOU say he is being mean-spirited toward.

    So, goosey, as the spokesperson (see, I said "person" not "man", I am so PC!) for the "independents" in America, er, "independent-minded folks" are there ANY, I mean, just ONE! policy proposed by President Trump that you agree with? One thing, as POTUS, if you were 100% honest, you would say: I agree with President Trump on that issue.

    Let's start with that.

    Thanks.
    Sentencing reform.

  6. #21
    Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    34,239

    Re: Presidential Election 2020

    See, that wasn't so hard.

    We'll see Trump move to the left now. Not saying he'll become a lefty, just that he'll move toward the center, and a little left of center...which is to the left of where he's been policy-wise. He'll do that mostly because he's really Dem at heart, and also because as a businessman, he wants to get things done. Now that the Dems have the House...and Trump detests gridlock...he'll play nicer in the sandbox.

  7. #22
    Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    southern Nevada
    Posts
    11,259

    Re: Presidential Election 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    See, that wasn't so hard.

    We'll see Trump move to the left now. Not saying he'll become a lefty, just that he'll move toward the center, and a little left of center...which is to the left of where he's been policy-wise. He'll do that mostly because he's really Dem at heart, and also because as a businessman, he wants to get things done. Now that the Dems have the House...and Trump detests gridlock...he'll play nicer in the sandbox.
    I don't think so. Trump just threaten to shut the government down if his border wall doesn't get funded. Toss in the all the investigations the Democraps are planning in the House and I think some real fireworks are in store for us.

    "All roads lead to Putin" -- Thomas Jefferson



  8. #23
    Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    50,939

    Re: Presidential Election 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by saltydawg View Post
    I don't think so. Trump just threaten to shut the government down if his border wall doesn't get funded. Toss in the all the investigations the Democraps are planning in the House and I think some real fireworks are in store for us.
    Good...shut down the government unless the wall is funded.

  9. #24
    Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    50,939

    Re: Presidential Election 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Taxes are a wash because our property taxes are so high. I don’t intend to retire here because it is stupid to pay that much tax in retirement.

    Otherwise, Texas’s “blue” areas - the cities - are pretty good. Texas’s diversity is one of its strengths.
    You feel ok living in a blue area city? No thank you.

  10. #25
    Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    34,239

    Re: Presidential Election 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by saltydawg View Post
    I don't think so. Trump just threaten to shut the government down if his border wall doesn't get funded. Toss in the all the investigations the Democraps are planning in the House and I think some real fireworks are in store for us.
    Did you say "democraps"? Salty, my man!

    Well, I think Trump and the Repubs should ram home every legislative measure they can during this lame duck session. Yeah, the dems when in control of the purse strings (the House) can thwart a lot of it by defunding it. But!...and this is where I shutter....the GOPers need to be smart and attach the spending to things the Dems, and most Americans, want. Thus if the Dems attempt to nullify, say the wall, for instance, they have to also defund aid for immigrants. Tie it all together. If the Dems are still so bold to do that, then when the House passes a new bill that defunds the wall, but restores funding to illegals, the Senate and/or Trump can stop it. THUS! before the Dems defund the wall, make it clear what they are also defunding, and that funding will NOT be restored.

    But, the GOP couldn't organize a bar-b-cue, so no way they could pull off such a complicated legislative strategy.

    That's just me. I play hardball. I know the counter argument will be if the GOP does that they'll get blamed and it will affect the 2020 elections. But, so? Look at what just happened. The economy is booming, things for the average American hasn't looked this good since about 2006....yet! the GOP managed to lose the House anyway. If we're gonna lose elections anyway, might as well play hardball.

    But, the counter counter-argument is the Dems will equally shoot themselves in the foot by instigating stupid investigations. If they do, they will throw away whatever gains they just made in the 2018 Midterms.

  11. #26
    Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    In your mind and under your skin
    Posts
    26,022

    Re: Presidential Election 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    You feel ok living in a blue area city? No thank you.
    For the culture and good food and drinks. Red areas are lame and dull.

  12. #27
    Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    34,239

    Re: Presidential Election 2020

    Karl Rove, on his website, has released a statistical analysis of the 2018 MT results. Based on post-election surveys of people who actually voted it boils down to this: 60% of Americans like Trump's policies, but don't like him. It comes down to his "mouth" and his Tweets, and his personality. This confirms what I've been saying for two years. It's all about his rhetoric. Some people voted AGAINST their own personal economic and social well-being just because they don't like how Trump comes across.

    Rove was just on FOX this morning and he touched on the results of this study. Rove says unless Trump does a 180 on his "behavior" he, and the GOP, are toast in 2020. That's Karl Rove's perspective. Given that he has some experience in such political matters, I suggest Trump pay attention.

    Given this....shows you how sensitive, and, IMO, goofy people are. Yeah, Trump's rants are tiring. It accomplishes nothing...well, it's actually counter-productive...but at the bottom line, who really cares? Well, I should phrase it as "why should anyone really care?" Now, because many voters don't like his personality THEY will be paying higher taxes, seeing healthcare costs trend up again, losing jobs, having many thousands of illegals swarming in and gobbling up resources, and all kinds of other bad things. Yeah....they really showed Trump, eh!

  13. #28
    Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    52,554

    Re: Presidential Election 2020

    Rove is establishment and hates Trump. He voted for Hillary.
    "eye fo an eye and toof fo a toof" - Idiot in Missouri

  14. #29
    Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    In your mind and under your skin
    Posts
    26,022

    Re: Presidential Election 2020

    Rhetoric matters, because people can be be persuaded. Trumps words are dangerous and harmful. He chooses to press on wedge issues for his own perceived gain. He sews fear, distrust and division. He is a cancer. His policies don’t even matter.

  15. #30
    Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    52,554

    Re: Presidential Election 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Rhetoric matters, because people can be be persuaded. Trumps words are dangerous and harmful. He chooses to press on wedge issues for his own perceived gain. He sews fear, distrust and division. He is a cancer. His policies don’t even matter.
    No he counters the establishment and MSM. You and CNN believe the invasion is not an invasion. You SAY they are oppressed people who are looking for a better life. You actually know they will further disrupt and become socialist voters.
    "eye fo an eye and toof fo a toof" - Idiot in Missouri

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts