+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is it so hard to be a DAWGS fan?

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Why is it so hard to be a DAWGS fan?

Skip is just gutless and it pisses me off the most - he never plays to win, he just tries to play not to lose.
    Dooley has so much more gut than Skip every has with his 2pts conversion call against Hawaii.
    Same goes to the Maryland interim HC today against Ohio State - so much gut to call the 2pts conversion in overtime.
    Skip has no hunger and drive to make Tech a better and exciting team to watch. He thrives in mediocrity that would make a few of the fans on here happy.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

I just dont get why he’d go for it on 4th early in the game but not do it with the game on the line. He did the same vs Arkansas in 2016. The offensive line had a lapse and JMar got lit up on 3rd down. Trailed 21-20 with around 4 minutes left (I think). Pretty similar scenario. Instead of going for it he puts all his chips on the D forcing a 3-n-out. Fails.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    I just dont get why he’d go for it on 4th early in the game but not do it with the game on the line. He did the same vs Arkansas in 2016. The offensive line had a lapse and JMar got lit up on 3rd down. Trailed 21-20 with around 4 minutes left (I think). Pretty similar scenario. Instead of going for it he puts all his chips on the D forcing a 3-n-out. Fails.
    It was a stupid call. Even if you don't make it, you still have the same opportunity to stop them on defense. If they score a TD, it's still an 8 point 1 possession game. Typical Holtz retreat in my safe space call.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

As long as Holtz is the head coach, we will lose games like this. He hasn't figured out over the years that going conservative in tight games doesn't work, even though he's lost a multitude of them doing that same silly crap. If we don't get rid of him after next week, next year will be similar to 2006. The only reason it won't be 2006 is because CUSA is terrible, so we will win some due to the fact that other teams are just that bad. We've lost fans last year and this year that we may never get back.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I think most schools that are borderline good have the same frustrations. As soon as it looks like they are going to make the jump, a hire, stupid decision, or major change by a new hire (of something that wasn’t broken) derails the whole thing.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    I think most schools that are borderline good have the same frustrations. As soon as it looks like they are going to make the jump, a hire, stupid decision, or major change by a new hire (of something that wasn’t broken) derails the whole thing.
    I want to think we're unique. We have a great location, access to some of the best high schools in the nation, a beautiful campus. We've got many more HoF and NFL stars than you'd normally expect from a school our size. At least, uniquely poised to make that jump. Always done more with less.

But never have been able to do it, through our own foolishness. Guess that's just the way it goes.

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

If social media is a measure there's been a change in the Tech fan base. Four straight losses to USM has hurt a lot of feelings.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tenacious_dog View Post
    If social media is a measure there's been a change in the Tech fan base. Four straight losses to USM has hurt a lot of feelings.
    What do you mean by that? What social media, and what is this "change" you are referring to? Is it Tech fans have finally had enough of Coach Skippy "Under-achiever"?

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Just looks like there are more unhappy faces and comments on Facebook posts after yesterday's loss. It's an impression I'm drawing from what I've seen & read.

Champ tigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant future tigtoo30's Avatar

I'm not a sunshine pumper at all. I saw all of the crap that went on yesterday, and the lapses from our stars. BUT, one thing the media kept saying is that last year we were 1-4 in close games. This year we were 4-1. I HOPE that next year will be a break out one, but with huge losses on the defensive end, I can't hold on to hope.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Someone at Silver Dollar City in Branson saw my son’s hat and asked if he was a Tech fan. The guy was wearing an lsu shirt. He asked Carter if he was an lsu fan too. He shook his head no! #raisethemright

Then the guy told him he was a Tech grad. #disowned

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    Why do I keep putting myself through this? I should expect the "no guts" coaching style from Skippy, its who he is. But DAMN, it ruins my evening.
    I know this may not be the answer you are looking for, but I wanted to share what I've learned about sports over the past year. It took a full year to understand it. We were created by God to worship. It's in our DNA. It's what we do. When God said, "have no other gods before me", it was for our own good, not that He is an egomaniac. He is the only one worthy of our worship. All the other gods will make us post the misery found in your post (and on this board, and all sports boards across the globe). Skip Holtz and this football team are not worthy of our worship. The next guy who replaces Skip Holtz will not be worthy of worship either... nor the next guy. Nick Saban and Alabama is a heart-breaking disappointment compared to the glory of serving God. I think it takes understanding this and changing your perspective of what this is really all about. It's not about you or your glory and shame before your peers on Facebook or at the office, it's just a college sports team with a coach who is trying to shape young men with good character to prepare them for the rest of their life. We forget this and it brings about misery when we put too much of our life and try to live vicariously through a college football team and gain our glory through them. That's God's job. He never disappoints. It's okay to be a fan, but don't let this affect your heart... remember what this actually is... just a game for kids. Find a way to enjoy it weather we win or lose. I'm finding that is very hard to do. I probably need to leave it altogether because it does affect me too much.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Not me! I enjoy the Monday-morning, er, Sunday-morning quarterbacking, and all the back-n-forth arguing too much to ever quit! That is as much fun as the games themselves. Well, in fact, given how boring Holtz/Smith are, this forum is MORE fun than the games.

And that's what too many fail to understand....like my good bud D65, who seems to have disappeared (has someone checked on him?)….if I find I am agreeing too much with him, or anyone else, I purposely stir the pot just to get a reaction. So...don't take things so seriously. We lost to USM....again....big deal! guess what! we're gonna lose to them again next year, since it'll still be the Holtz/Smith show in Ruston. We'll likely lose to WKU this week too! Get ready for that. At least, if you still actually care about such things, prepare yourself mentally for it. If Tech wins! you can be pleasantly surprised.

We are officially #Skipwrecked

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Someone at Silver Dollar City in Branson saw my son’s hat and asked if he was a Tech fan. The guy was wearing an lsu shirt. He asked Carter if he was an lsu fan too. He shook his head no! #raisethemright

Then the guy told him he was a Tech grad. #disowned
    I'm taking this as a sign I need to get back there sooner than later. Been thinking about the place the last two weeks. It's been too many years since my last visit.

+ Reply to Thread