+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: WKU Attendance Next Saturday

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Re: WKU Attendance Next Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    You defending our AD and HC? Sounds like it.
    No I'm not at all. And I don't like what I'm seeing on the field with JMar and his coach Rattay either. Jar has shown zero progress under Rattay.
    And that disappoints me almost as much as other issues.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    No I'm not at all. And I don't like what I'm seeing on the field with JMar and his coach Rattay either. Jar has shown zero progress under Rattay.
    And that disappoints me almost as much as other issues.
    Rattay is not his coach. Holtz is. This has been explained to you but you refuse to acknowledge it and choose to blame a loyal Tech guy rather than Holtz. Do you also think our OC and our special teams coach are responsible for those positions?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

J'Mar Smith sucks as a QB because J'Mar Smith sucks as a QB. Period.

Please excuse this analogy, because obviously the two don't equate in seriousness, but we blame "the shooter" in such tragedies, not allowing excuses to cloud that truth. Well, Smith sucks because HE, and no one else, is responsible for his development as a QB and as a player. There is nothing stopping him from spending time practicing on his own. Of studying video on his own. Heck! he can't complete passes against air. Does Smith and his receivers meet out on the field, on their own time, and just play pitch and catch, run routes until it's muscle memory?

Does Smith change plays at the LOS, use audibles? I've never seen it. How many times do you see REAL QBs, in the NFL, of course, but also in college, changing the play! Heck, Joe Burrow was doing that in his 1st career start with LSU, the Miami game. Yes, it was limited because Burrow had just joined the team and that was his FIRST CAREER START!! But he did it, and has done more since. Is any of this starting to register with you Holtz/Smith apologists?

Yep, a few times, we've seen Smith ad lib a little and hit a pass, sometimes for a big play, usually thanks to a great adjustment by our WR on a lousy throw. But, generally, we don't see Smith "taking control" of the offense on the field. He runs the called play, whether it makes sense or not, then has that stupid look on his face when the play doesn't work.

As for Rattay as QB coach.... well, we know Rattay knows how to play QB, and he was damn good at it!!! I have to believe he has coached Smith, given him instructions, advice, and guidance. Talked to him during games, and at practice about how to get better. No way....unless I hear it from Tim Rattay himself...do I think he hasn't done everything humanly possible to get Smith "to get it."

Smith has had 26 career starts....we are 14-12 in those games. I can't remember one of those 14 when I said afterwards, wow! our QB won that game for us. Not once! But, I can think of about 7-8 of those 12 when I said, our QB lost that one.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    As for Rattay as QB coach.... well, we know Rattay knows how to play QB, and he was damn good at it!!! I have to believe he has coached Smith, given him instructions, advice, and guidance. Talked to him during games, and at practice about how to get better. No way....unless I hear it from Tim Rattay himself...do I think he hasn't done everything humanly possible to get Smith "to get it."
    Exactly!! And again that disappoints me per Rattay.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Smith has had 26 career starts....we are 14-12 in those games. I can't remember one of those 14 when I said afterwards, wow! our QB won that game for us. Not once! But, I can think of about 7-8 of those 12 when I said, our QB lost that one.
    That's really all you needed to say.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Exactly!! And again that disappoints me per Rattay.
    You don't know WTH you are talking about. You are just too embarrassed about your ignorance of the game to back down. Amazing that you side with Holtz over Rattay.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

My hope is that we see a full body of work from someone other than J’Mar next season. That is the only way we know if it’s him or Rattay. If we actually get to see someone different and it’s more of the same, I think we can make the assumption that Rattay may be an additional problem to those we already possess.

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    My hope is that we see a full body of work from someone other than J’Mar next season. That is the only way we know if it’s him or Rattay. If we actually get to see someone different and it’s more of the same, I think we can make the assumption that Rattay may be an additional problem to those we already possess.
    Our QB is not capable of being coached up, but even if he was, Rattay is not the one coaching him. I'm not sure why some of our fans think he is. You can't teach touch, instinct, and feel in the pocket. JMar has none of those qualities. The only thing he can do well is play back yard ball, but Holtz refuses to let him do that for more than 1/4 to 1/2 of a game.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Our QB is not capable of being coached up, but even if he was, Rattay is not the one coaching him. I'm not sure why some of our fans think he is. You can't teach touch, instinct, and feel in the pocket. JMar has none of those qualities. The only thing he can do well is play back yard ball, but Holtz refuses to let him do that for more than 1/4 to 1/2 of a game.
    Seeing something different is a pipe dream of mine. I know injuries/suspensions are the only thing that sparks change with Holtz. At this point I have no real faith that things will change. I agree with your post above. And I’m sad about it.

You don't know WTH you are talking about. You are just too embarrassed about your ignorance of the game to back down. Amazing that you side with Holtz over Rattay.
    You are embarrassing yourself again.

"Timothy F. Rattay is the quarterbacks coach for the Louisiana Tech Bulldogs football program and former professional American football quarterback who played in the National Football League and United Football League. He was drafted by the San Francisco 49ers in the seventh round of the 2000 NFL Draft". Wikipedia

https://www.shreveporttimes.com/story/sports/college/la-tech/2015/12/31/tim-rattay-coach-la-tech-qbs/78139490/

https://latechsports.com/roster.aspx...roster-coaches

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

The sign on Tim's door might say QB coach, but I've no evidence that he's ever done such a thing. Skip always interrupts during games, I wonder how practice goes.

Are you willing to claim that Tommy directs athletics just because his business card says Athletic Director?

Champ Dowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond repute Dowty's Avatar

You are embarrassing yourself again.

"Timothy F. Rattay is the quarterbacks coach for the Louisiana Tech Bulldogs football program and former professional American football quarterback who played in the National Football League and United Football League. He was drafted by the San Francisco 49ers in the seventh round of the 2000 NFL Draft". Wikipedia

https://www.shreveporttimes.com/story/sports/college/la-tech/2015/12/31/tim-rattay-coach-la-tech-qbs/78139490/

https://latechsports.com/roster.aspx...roster-coaches
    With all of your time spent on the politics board, you should be familiar with titles that don't match reality (see RINO). Same principle applies here, and with our AD as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dowty View Post
    With all of your time spent on the politics board, you should be familiar with titles that don't match reality (see RINO). Same principle applies here, and with our AD as well.
    So we have an ADINO and a QBCINO.

Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

I'm reading a fantastic book "Valiant Ambition" by. N. Philbrick. It chronicles all the major players of the American Revolution, George Washington, Benedict Arnold, and others on the American side, and the egotistical British generals, Howe, Clinton, Burgoyne, and Cornwallis, all maneuvering to be the BIG HERO even at the risk of losing the war...which they managed to accomplish. They did not care how many others...the poor, old average soldier, had to be sacrificed to achieve their political goals. During the whole Hudson River Campaign, which culminated with the smashing American victory at Saratoga, General Howe dispatched a junior officer with a mere 1,600 troops on a flanking movement, knowing full well that General Washington had 5,000+ troops on that side of the river. That junior officer was well-connected, politically, back in England and Howe needed him to suffer a humiliating defeat....which he did.

Anyway, the desire for personal glory and all the political and wealth gains it would bring made these "men" stab each other in the back....repeatedly. Howe suffered it too when he first launched his campaign to capture Philadelphia. General Clinton was supposed to cooperate with Howe by guarding his northern flank. Howe was out in the open, exposed, and about to tangle with a large American force, when he learns Clinton's army had retired back to New York citing "supply problems." Ah...sorry General Howe, ole boy!

Never understatement greed and personal ambition in any endeavor...including Division I athletics.
    ooh, thanks for the book recommendation!

You would probably like the American military history books by Michael and Jeff Shaara.

Champ LEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud of LEEDAWG's Avatar

This QB coach argument y'all are having is actually more entertaining that the QB play we witnessed much of this season.

+ Reply to Thread