+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: WKU Attendance Next Saturday

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Re: WKU Attendance Next Saturday

I thought about pausing it and counting, then decided to take a picture instead.

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

We are...pathetic.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rockdog View Post
    I think I commented to my wife that we didn't have one instant replay during the first quarter. Not that we needed to see anything from the first quarter again, but the point remains.
    I was pissed that we couldn't get instant replays early in the game. It's just another good reason to stay at home and watch the game on TV. We never even got to see a replay of J'Mar's interception play. Somebody around me said our WR fell down on that play. but I didn't see that in real time. Would have liked to have seen a replay.

Today was the single worst sporting event I've ever attended. There was no energy or excitement at all in or around Joe Aillet Stadium. Just as I had warned everyone, T-Mac, Holtz and J'Mar have now completely killed our game day experience. We hit rock-bottom today. The players and coaches just mailed it in. They totally disrespected the few fans that were in attendance, and they quit. But honestly, by the end of the 1st quarter, I wondered why I was there anyway.

I really HATE the fact that LA Tech gets to play in a bowl game now, because everyone is simply going to sweep all these problems under the rug, and start boasting about a 5th consecutive bowl game for Tech. But I wouldn't go to another LA Tech football game this season if it was in my back yard.

Varsity Bulldog wce1980 is a jewel in the roughwce1980 is a jewel in the roughwce1980 is a jewel in the roughwce1980 is a jewel in the roughwce1980 is a jewel in the roughwce1980 is a jewel in the roughwce1980 is a jewel in the roughwce1980 is a jewel in the roughwce1980 is a jewel in the roughwce1980 is a jewel in the roughwce1980 is a jewel in the rough

11,459 announced.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Tarzan fell down when he made the cut on his route, which led to the INT. He also dropped a 30 yard 1st down pass and a 25 yard 1st down pass. After that Tarzan got his head together and had a good game.

We definitely weren't prepared to play aggressive football again today. The whole team was in reaction mode instead of action mode. It was truly humiliating to watch as they looked like they could care less what happened today in Joe Aillet Stadium. O'Shea Dugas again stood out for his dumb penalties.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    Tarzan fell down when he made the cut on his route, which led to the INT. He also dropped a 30 yard 1st down pass and a 25 yard 1st down pass. After that Tarzan got his head together and had a good game.

We definitely weren't prepared to play aggressive football again today. The whole team was in reaction mode instead of action mode. It was truly humiliating to watch as they looked like they could care less what happened today in Joe Aillet Stadium. O'Shea Dugas again stood out for his dumb penalties.
    It wasn't just Douglas. Here we are IN GAME 12 of this season, and we had punt team members and guys on defense who had no idea where they were supposed to line up today. WTH? We also had a punt returner signaling "Fair Catch" even though the punt to him was very low and fast (easy to return), and there were no would-be tacklers even in the same zip code as him. And then there were the petty penalties and another missed chip shot FG. And of course, there was our inability to simply jump on a fumble in the end zone. We blew that too. It's all exasperating....

J'Mar is the worst LA Tech QB to take snaps in the last 2 decades, maybe longer. He had one-TD drive all day against WKU? His over-throws and under-throws are too numerous to even mention. I heard one Tech fan today joke that he would never take J'Mar quail hunting because he wouldn't know how to "lead the bird" with a shot. Again, J'Mar just can't seem to hit a receiver unless he's standing still.

I heard a lot of frustration and "boos" directed at J'Mar and Holtz today. People have had enough of both. It's that simple. J'Mar and Holtz are killing LA Tech football. In fact, it's dead now, and some of you just don't know it. Many of the 3K-5K that were in attendance today, won't go back until J'Mar is gone.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

That fair catch was not on the deep back. He is just following orders that Holtz gives him.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    That fair catch was not on the deep back. He is just following orders that Holtz gives him.
    That was Powell, back there only because Veal was hurt. But, you could see Powell was upset with himself for calling fair catch. He had plenty of room to return it. But, I don't blame Powell. You're right, Holtz's return policy is to error on the side of ultra-conservative and Powell, and Veal, and any returners, are under strict orders to be VERY cautious back there.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    That was Powell, back there only because Veal was hurt. But, you could see Powell was upset with himself for calling fair catch. He had plenty of room to return it. But, I don't blame Powell. You're right, Holtz's return policy is to error on the side of ultra-conservative and Powell, and Veal, and any returners, are under strict orders to be VERY cautious back there.
    Powell was upset because he knew he could have returned it, but Holtz told him NOT to. Holtz is back to where he was when it was discovered that we were last in the NATION in punt returns. He allowed Veal to return a few to get us from the very bottom, but is now back to the "fair catch everything" rule on punts.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Powell was upset because he knew he could have returned it, but Holtz told him NOT to. Holtz is back to where he was when it was discovered that we were last in the NATION in punt returns. He allowed Veal to return a few to get us from the very bottom, but is now back to the "fair catch everything" rule on punts.
    Well, I'm not that close to the inner-workings of the program to know if Holtz ordered Powell to fair catch everything....no matter what. It looked like, to me, Powell was under orders to be very cautious, and he knew that was one he should have returned.

Well, I'm not that close to the inner-workings of the program to know if Holtz ordered Powell to fair catch everything....no matter what. It looked like, to me, Powell was under orders to be very cautious, and he knew that was one he should have returned.
    You are as close as me to the "inner workings". You've seen Holtz bungle special teams going on six years.

Powell is a football player and is not afraid to take a hit. Those qualities lead me to believe he was pissed because he KNEW he could have returned the punt at least 15 yards, but did what he was told. Powell has probably been returning punts since he was 12.

We are splitting hairs here...but, I don't mind!

Just based on Powell's reaction it looked like he could have, was allowed, to return a punt if there was a good opportunity to. He slammed the ball against his hand and was obviously upset with himself for his too-quick fair catch signal. If he were under strict orders to fair catch everything...no matter what...he would have executed the fair catch and casually tossed the ref the ball. He didn't do that. That's what I am basing my opinion on. The observation he was upset with himself.

......which is just another reason nobody is showing up for the games. BORING!

That's what I am basing my opinion on. The observation he was upset with himself.
    My observation is based on what has happened in the past, not on my opinion. Football players like Powell don't make those kind of mistakes. If they make a mistake it is NOT fair catching because they want to run. Again, he is not a wuss.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

My observation is based on what has happened in the past, not on my opinion. Football players like Powell don't make those kind of mistakes. If they make a mistake it is NOT fair catching because they want to run. Again, he is not a wuss.
    I think Smoke is the better return guy anyway.

+ Reply to Thread