+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: WKU Attendance Next Saturday

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

Re: WKU Attendance Next Saturday

A quote from Lou Holtz, “In this world you're either growing or you're dying, so get in motion and grow.”

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I have family in town, from Thurs thru Sunday. I have mentioned to the football fans among them, the possibility of going to the game. They were like...well, okay, it will give us time to visit...it's a 3-hour roundtrip...while driving. If we do this, I'll buy all the tickets, which might be as many as 6. The cheapest ticket is east side GA, $21.

My brother, and my sister, are talking about being in BR for the Rummel game, Friday night. Hmmm....that would make trying to get to Ruston for an 11am kickoff challenging. Not much sleep involved, and lots of driving.

The bigger question is....do I want to go thru the trouble just to watch Holtz/Smith bumble thru...a loss??? the way WKU has been playing....they smoked UTEP 40-16, and the game was not even that close, I'd rate this game a toss-up, at best. Then, there's the weather. If it's lousy, then I'd say it's a no-go.

My guess there will be, maybe, 8,000 at kickoff, and if we suck on the field, down to 4,000 by half, and 1,500 by the end of the game. Even if the Dawgs show up and play well, and have a nice lead, the crowd will shrink. It always does.

Gawd! where are the Sunshine Pumpers? We need them to admonish us, and shame us into supporting Holtz/Smith! We don't know how GREAT we have it!

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I’ll pump some sunshine for you d80. My family will be in the woods in Ruston hoping to smoke a big ole swamp donkey before the game. When we make it, we make it.

Champ RhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I have family in town, from Thurs thru Sunday. I have mentioned to the football fans among them, the possibility of going to the game. They were like...well, okay, it will give us time to visit...it's a 3-hour roundtrip...while driving. If we do this, I'll buy all the tickets, which might be as many as 6. The cheapest ticket is east side GA, $21.

My brother, and my sister, are talking about being in BR for the Rummel game, Friday night. Hmmm....that would make trying to get to Ruston for an 11am kickoff challenging. Not much sleep involved, and lots of driving.

The bigger question is....do I want to go thru the trouble just to watch Holtz/Smith bumble thru...a loss??? the way WKU has been playing....they smoked UTEP 40-16, and the game was not even that close, I'd rate this game a toss-up, at best. Then, there's the weather. If it's lousy, then I'd say it's a no-go.

My guess there will be, maybe, 8,000 at kickoff, and if we suck on the field, down to 4,000 by half, and 1,500 by the end of the game. Even if the Dawgs show up and play well, and have a nice lead, the crowd will shrink. It always does.

Gawd! where are the Sunshine Pumpers? We need them to admonish us, and shame us into supporting Holtz/Smith! We don't know how GREAT we have it!
    Check your pm's.

Champ RhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

What's everyone cooking at their tailgate for this game? I'm cooking Bloody Mary's.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    I agree.

Many forget that we gave away $1 tickets for the Utah State game in 2012.

The whole championship game idea is a non factor to college fan bases. It's a TV thing. We've maxed out our bowl location every year even though we did not win a championship. Our AD gets credit for that. I'm not sure he will be able to avoid a game in NO with the winner of the lalaff/lamon game.
    My understanding is that the Sunbelt champion will be going to the New Orleans Bowl. Probably be Troy if I had to guess. ULL beat ASU beat ULM, so if ULM beats ULL, I don't know how they will determine the winner of that division. I don't think any of the three of them will beat Troy, or us for that matter.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    My understanding is that the Sunbelt champion will be going to the New Orleans Bowl. Probably be Troy if I had to guess. ULL beat ASU beat ULM, so if ULM beats ULL, I don't know how they will determine the winner of that division. I don't think any of the three of them will beat Troy, or us for that matter.
    All three teams are tied at 4-3, so no more than two teams can finish tied at 5-3. ASU holds the tiebreaker over ULM if both teams win. ULL gets the bid if it wins no matter what ASU does. ULM must win and hope for an ASU loss.

The West winner will have to win in either Troy or Boone to play in New Orleans.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post
    All three teams are tied at 4-3, so no more than two teams can finish tied at 5-3. ASU holds the tiebreaker over ULM if both teams win. ULL gets the bid if it wins no matter what ASU does. ULM must win and hope for an ASU loss.

The West winner will have to win in either Troy or Boone to play in New Orleans.
    Since ASU is playing Texas State, they will win. ULM could play spoiler to ULL's chances I guess this Saturday.

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

I hope like hell we don't end up in New Orleans. The Sun Belt champ would humiliate us this year. We've gotten worse with every passing game. Inexcusable for the coaching staff. I blame Holtz and his sorry excuse for an OC that he resurrected from the heaps of his fired fired friends.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brtransplant View Post
    I hope like hell we don't end up in New Orleans. The Sun Belt champ would humiliate us this year. We've gotten worse with every passing game. Inexcusable for the coaching staff. I blame Holtz and his sorry excuse for an OC that he resurrected from the heaps of his fired fired friends.
    Irony in that statement....and lots of truth, every "passing" game.

Champ Dawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant future Dawg Fan's Avatar

Should you hear about any discounted tickets, please post the information here. I'm actually hoping to go to the game along with my wife, but am holding off buying tickets just yet. I know it is not going to be a sell out so there's no big rush to buy them.

Varsity Bulldog Dawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to all

I had "sworn off" any commenting earlier this year...here and the "other" board too....but feel compelled to say this...the very SAD part about this weeks matchup is my very good family friend Mr Bobby Aillet is being honored at halftime for having given an athletic endowed scholarship, and nobody will be there to acknowledge it hardly...that is absolutely the ONLY reason I will be showing up for awhile, for his family....dont anybody lecture me on loyalty to team, etc, blah, blah...been around too long for all that......it's boringly bad football coached by an overly conservative, boring HC...with a headless horseman at the helm....embarassing product in reality...to be honest, I think this is what the majority of level headed and knowledgeable fans feel anyway....enough said, hope all have a wonderful Thanksgiving...

Champ Gladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Guarantee TMac will not reduce ticket prices to a reasonable level.
    Why would he, he hasn't be productive at drawing fans all season.

Champ Gladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg Fan View Post
    Should you hear about any discounted tickets, please post the information here. I'm actually hoping to go to the game along with my wife, but am holding off buying tickets just yet. I know it is not going to be a sell out so there's no big rush to buy them.
    there's supposed to be black friday deals all week. Just call the ticket office today.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg74 View Post
    I had "sworn off" any commenting earlier this year...here and the "other" board too....but feel compelled to say this...the very SAD part about this weeks matchup is my very good family friend Mr Bobby Aillet is being honored at halftime for having given an athletic endowed scholarship, and nobody will be there to acknowledge it hardly...that is absolutely the ONLY reason I will be showing up for awhile, for his family....dont anybody lecture me on loyalty to team, etc, blah, blah...been around too long for all that......it's boringly bad football coached by an overly conservative, boring HC...with a headless horseman at the helm....embarassing product in reality...to be honest, I think this is what the majority of level headed and knowledgeable fans feel anyway....enough said, hope all have a wonderful Thanksgiving...
    Thanks for letting us know. Sad that this has not been talked about for weeks now. Also sad is that the coming NCAA sacks record is not being BLASTED over every form of media available. Our AD is such a micro-manager. Good grief!

+ Reply to Thread