Trump tweeted a lot of the blame for the fires...at least for the severity of the fires....lies squarely on the libs, the goofy State of California, and their dangerous forest management policies. Of course, and predictably, the left has gone ballistic, deflecting the blame to man-made global warming/climate change.

I worked for the US Forest Service...I was stationed in southern Oregon, but our duties often took us across the state line into California. Later when I worked for a major timber company, I was again in Oregon...specifically on the slopes of Mt. St Helen...and exposed to the mind-boggling left-coast policies. Back in 1978 I engaged in a, ahem, "discussion" with environmental wackos regarding forest management policy. I told them then, if you follow such a policy you WILL suffer the consequences of fires that can NOT be controlled. Property will be destroyed and people will die.

So! let's give the wackos their contention that climate change is occurring, whatever the sources of it. Okay...given that...then it is even MORE CRITICAL that proper forest management practices be followed! You can implement proper, scientific (silviculture) forest management "best practices" to minimize the effects of a climate that is getting "warmer and drier." The west, with its mountains, and dry climate, is a tough place to control wildfires. I have been on major "project fires" in both Oregon and California. I have been on the front lines....those fire lines...sometimes working 16-hour shifts for many days at a time. I've witnessed what fire can do out there. But, knowing that, it is incumbent upon "leaders" to take steps, such as proven pre-suppression practices that, won't stop fires from happening, but will control and minimize the spread of fire.

There is a whole segment of Forest Management dedicated to fire. Like all forest management professionals....required CLUs...I attended "Fire School" to earn, and keep, my "red card." A certified Forest Fire Manager.

So, Trump is right. The deaths of those 70+ people and the $billions of property loss is solely on the hands of the wackos. Of Governor MoonBeam who vetoed bi-partisan legislation aimed at trying to minimize the risk. Ya know...officials in Flint, Michigan have been convicted for manslaughter for their negligence in the water treatment system. MoonBeam and all his criminal associates in the environmental wacko circle are equally guilty of murdering those 70 people. Indict 'em all!