+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Playoff Picture

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

NFL Playoff Picture

Thanks to Dallas and Detroit today.

Cowboys have a stout defense, and a great RB in Elliot. If they had a championship-caliber QB, Dallas would be salty.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: NFL Playoff Picture

Thanks to the NY Giants too.

Saints are playing well right now. But, this is the NFL. Things change.

All this talk about the Chiefs vs Rams. I know why ESPN is touting it, they have the telecast. But all this BS about "a Super Bowl preview," and "the best two teams, hands down, in the NFL." The Rams are 9-1....where did that 1 come from....Who Dat!?

BTW, Go Chiefs!

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post

All this talk about the Chiefs vs Rams. I know why ESPN is touting it, they have the telecast. But all this BS about "a Super Bowl preview," and "the best two teams, hands down, in the NFL." The Rams are 9-1....where did that 1 come from....Who Dat!?

BTW, Go Chiefs!
    I'll be cheering for the Chiefs and smoking a turkey this evening. It's gonna be a good one!
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

BTW, Go Chiefs!
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    I'll be cheering for the Chiefs and smoking a turkey this evening. It's gonna be a good one!
    Yes sir! Hoping the Chiefs and Saints meet in the SB. Mahomes is from the Tyler area (suburb town of Whitehouse).

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Yes sir! Hoping the Chiefs and Saints meet in the SB. Mahomes is from the Tyler area (suburb town of Whitehouse).
    And watching Mahomes torch us in 2016 I proclaimed him to be the best QB in the nation and most likely to succeed in the NFL, of all those drafted that year. Of course, Higgins enjoyed a nice day in Lubbock too, and went on to have a great season as well. I am a HUGE Mahomes fan tonite!!

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

I wish the playoffs started NOW the way the Saints are rolling.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    True Dat!

Still 6 weeks left in the regular season, and so much can change. No, I don't expect the Saints to start playing "bad" or something. But, it's such a razor's edge in the NFL. Saints' defense has been getting better and better. THAT! is the key to a Super Bowl run. We know Brees and the offense will be there. If the D steps up big...."the Saints will go marching in!"

Fun game last night, but disappointing result. Still, I didn't see anything from the two anointed teams that makes me think the Saints can't beat either, no matter where the games are played.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Thanks to Dallas and Detroit today.

Cowboys have a stout defense, and a great RB in Elliot. If they had a championship-caliber QB, Dallas would be salty.
    I agree. Dak reminds me so much of J'Mar its frightening. Dak is NOT the guy to take the Cowboys to the promised land. (I guess you know what that means for J'Mar?)

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    It's the Saints' Super Bowl to lose.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    It's the Saints' Super Bowl to lose.
    Strange things happen, though.......... Last year is a good example. The Saints are going to have to stay focused. They run a risk of getting too comfortable right now, especially after their dominating performance last Sunday. They are on a 9 game winning streak and are looking better than earlier in the year. It is definitely their's to lose, but I ain't counting chickens yet. Saying that, it will take a HUGE upset for anyone to beat them now.

Lackluster performance by Brees and the O last night. Give credit to the Dirty Birds and their DC, they had a good defensive game plan....of course, these division foes have an advantage since they see the Saints' offense twice a year. Still, Brees was off, not sharp. Saints' receivers had 5 drops, two would have been TDs. So, the whole offense needs to go back to work and get re-focused.

The defense was the defense last night, except they were the beneficiaries of 4 turnovers. Saints were lucky last night. That game should have been a 35-31 type shootout, or like the first meeting which the Saints eeked out 43-37 in OT.

If it sounds like I am being critical of the Saints.....I AM! I know what they have accomplished so far, and I know how good they are. I don't need a D65-type lecture of "just be happy they won." That's for snowflakes. And I guarantee you that neither Payton nor Brees is very happy this morning. They KNOW they were not sharp last night. But, I, like them, understand no team cannot maintain a blemish-free run thru the long, grueling NFL campaign. The question is do you recognize it and take steps to get back on track? I'm betting they will.

And they better! If the Saints play that poorly next Thursday, they will lose at Dallas.

Copied from other thread:

The NFC stands like this....at the moment:

1. Saints
    2. Rams
    3. Bears
    4. Cowboys

And NOT just because those are the 4 division leaders. They are the division leaders because those are the 4 best teams in the NFC. Have to get the right cause-effect.

The Bears and Cowboys are doing it with defense, and that makes both dangerous. But, they are missing the other key ingredient: a championship-caliber QB. If the playoffs were to start now, the Saints and Rams would get first round byes, and the Bears and Cowboys would host a playoff game. I think the NFC semis would then be:

Cowboys at Saints
    Bears at Rams

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Copied from other thread:

The NFC stands like this....at the moment:

1. Saints
    2. Rams
    3. Bears
    4. Cowboys

And NOT just because those are the 4 division leaders. They are the division leaders because those are the 4 best teams in the NFC. Have to get the right cause-effect.

The Bears and Cowboys are doing it with defense, and that makes both dangerous. But, they are missing the other key ingredient: a championship-caliber QB. If the playoffs were to start now, the Saints and Rams would get first round byes, and the Bears and Cowboys would host a playoff game. I think the NFC semis would then be:

Cowboys at Saints
    Bears at Rams
    We lost to the cowgirls our SB winning season in 2009. If that happens again....NOT....it could be good luck.
    IMHO, the Saints continue to roll over the lowly and pitiful NFC East dredges!

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    We lost to the cowgirls our SB winning season in 2009. If that happens again....NOT....it could be good luck.
    IMHO, the Saints continue to roll over the lowly and pitiful NFC East dredges!
    Some stats to be aware of next Thursday.

Since signing with the Saints in 2006, Drew Brees has historically torched the Cowboys, averaging 367 passing yards in his seven games against them with 18 touchdowns to 3 interceptions. His career passer rating against Dallas with the Saints is 112.7

https://youtu.be/ItwmbKJwDOM

+ Reply to Thread