+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Playoff Picture

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: NFL Playoff Picture

It's a Texas day in the NFL. Houston and Dallas hosting playoff games.

Colts at Texans, going with the road dog in an upset, Colts 23 Texans 20

Seasickhawks at Cowgirls, I hate Seattle! I hate Pete Carrol, I still hate Mashown Lynch, even though he doesn't play for 'em anymore. I hate their fans. I hate their rainy-azz city. The Seasickhawks are the only NFL team, outside of the NFC South, who (whom?) I despise. As for the Cowgirls, I don't hate the team/franchise. I do, however, have some issues with many Cowgirls' fans. Much like the LSU "Walmart" fans. But, the fans don't play the game, so...

Today the 'girls put on their big boy pants and do a dance on the Seasickhawks. Dallas' defense is legit good. Their offense is good enough and have some great playmakers in Elliot, Beasley, and Cooper. Prescott can be hot/cold, but today he's gonna be in a groove. This one, not even close:

Cowboys 31 Seasickhawks 10

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Bears 20 Eagles 14

Chargers 24 Ravens 23

Both games today will be close. On paper da Bears should rock the visiting Eagles, but they won't. The Eagles are showing a "heart of a champion" and won't go down easy. But da Bears play great defense, and that will be the difference.

I am rooting for KD and the Ravens! But the Chargers are a more complete team. On the road, tough to win, but San Diego....er, I mean L.A. finds a way to get it done.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    It's a Texas day in the NFL. Houston and Dallas hosting playoff games.

Colts at Texans, going with the road dog in an upset, Colts 23 Texans 20

Seasickhawks at Cowgirls, I hate Seattle! I hate Pete Carrol, I still hate Mashown Lynch, even though he doesn't play for 'em anymore. I hate their fans. I hate their rainy-azz city. The Seasickhawks are the only NFL team, outside of the NFC South, who (whom?) I despise. As for the Cowgirls, I don't hate the team/franchise. I do, however, have some issues with many Cowgirls' fans. Much like the LSU "Walmart" fans. But, the fans don't play the game, so...

Today the 'girls put on their big boy pants and do a dance on the Seasickhawks. Dallas' defense is legit good. Their offense is good enough and have some great playmakers in Elliot, Beasley, and Cooper. Prescott can be hot/cold, but today he's gonna be in a groove. This one, not even close:

Cowboys 31 Seasickhawks 10
    I could’ve sworn Skip Holtz was calling plays for Seattle. They had quite a few 3 and outs on offense, virtually everyone of those they ran the the ball on 1st and 2nd down. And they kept doing it in the 2nd half, that’s what was amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    I could’ve sworn Skip Holtz was calling plays for Seattle. They had quite a few 3 and outs on offense, virtually everyone of those they ran the the ball on 1st and 2nd down. And they kept doing it in the 2nd half, that’s what was amazing.
    I think....could be wrong....the Seasickhawks are the #1 rushing team in the NFL. Think I heard that said during the game. Nope, that's the Colts!(just looked it up) That's where I heard it. But Seattle was 4th in the league. So, guess they thought they could run the ball against Dallas.

But I think (and I haven't looked this up) Seattle led the league with the most 3-and-outs this year. A dubious distinction. It was said during the telecast that when Seattle beat Dallas in Week 3 they had SIX 3-and-outs in there ELEVEN possessions that day. So, I suppose ole Petey was not concerned about the 3-and-outs yesterday.

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

Well, upset by Philly changes things a bit. New Orleans gets to host Philly and Dallas heads to Los Angeles. In truth, should be a better opportunity for both of them. I'd much rather face Goff than Brees -- and LA is much less of a home field advantage than the Dome. And Philly doesn't appear to have the defense to stop Brees.

Some of my Facebook buds are saying, well, there goes the Cowboys-Saints rematch....ah, no, not yet. Might just be delayed by one week.

I definitely think Dallas can beat the Rams, even on the road. Especially if Jerry sends his personal refs to work the game....yowzah! That aside, the way the Cowboys play defense, they have a real shot of winning. Yes, the offense will have to enjoy a good day, and that should be possible as the Rams don't have a lockdown defense...they're good, but not dominating. The Rams have mostly lived with offense, out-scoring opponents and playing a "good enough" defense. That doesn't work well in the playoffs.

I think the Saints will beat Philly. But, as the Eagles showed yesterday they won't go down easily. I expect a similar type game, very close, with defenses dominating.

In the AFC I am leaning toward the Colts upsetting the Chiefs, and the Chargers upsetting the Pats. But, especially the Colts winning.

Will have to think on these pending games a little.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

With Hurns and Beasley both down with injuries, the Cowboys have some real challenges with depth at WR. The Cowboy defense is going to have to step up and keep the score down this week.

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/201...-lance-lenoir/

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    With Hurns and Beasley both down with injuries, the Cowboys have some real challenges with depth at WR. The Cowboy defense is going to have to step up and keep the score down this week.

The Dallas D has played great this year! It's actually their LB's that are winning the day for them. But let's see if the girls can keep down their illegal hits they been getting away with in Jarra World as it's not as easy outside his and buddy Goodell's strip club atmosphere.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    The Dallas D has played great this year! It's actually their LB's that are winning the day for them. But let's see if the girls can keep down their illegal hits they been getting away with in Jarra World as it's not as easy outside his and buddy Goodell's strip club atmosphere.
    I think you got a little side-tracked there, TYLER.......

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

I think you got a little side-tracked there, TYLER.......
    Oops!!

Gurley is not 100%. He's nursing an injury and has been missing practice.

I will wait to make my fearless predictions until tomorrow, or maybe Saturday morning. Have to monitor the injury reports for key personnel.

And they're "fearless" predictions since I don't bet real money on 'em. So, no consequence for being mistaken.

Chiefs have not won a home playoff game since the '93 season and are 0-6 since then. Make that 0-7 after today.

Colts 26 Chiefs 20

Defense wins championships. And it also wins road playoff games.

Cowboys 24 Rams 21

Picking two road dogs to spring upsets today. I have more confidence in my Colts' pick. But I think the Cowboy LBs will be so disruptive, a gimpy Gurley, and Goff's goofs in big games will be enough for Dallas.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Chiefs have not won a home playoff game since the '93 season and are 0-6 since then. Make that 0-7 after today.

Colts 26 Chiefs 20

Cowboys 24 Rams 21

Picking two road dogs to spring upsets today. I have more confidence in my Colts' pick. But I think the Cowboy LBs will be so disruptive, a gimpy Gurley, and Goff's goofs in big games will be enough for Dallas.
    I got the:

Chiefs - Luck has been bad on the road in the playoffs. I expect him to have TO’s today. And the Chiefs offense is better than most the Colts have beaten.
    Cowboys - I’m not buying the Rams, Goff has not been good since Kupp went out.
    Chargers - I think they have more talent and should win. But beating the Patriots at home will not be easy.
    Saints - Who dat!

Colts 26 Chiefs 20

Cowboys 24 Rams 21

The Cowboys-Rams game is all about the Cowboys DEFENSE. To win, the Cowboys must hold the Rams to 23 points or less. If they don’t, it could be a long night for me.

+ Reply to Thread