+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Playoff Picture

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: NFL Playoff Picture

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Good lord! Brees sucks! the Saints' O sucks!
    HCSP saw how much success Holtz’s offense was having and converted to it.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Good lord! Brees sucks! the Saints' O sucks!
    Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    HCSP saw how much success Holtz’s offense was having and converted to it.
    Nah....much better 2nd half by the Saints offense and defense for a 28-14 win. Saints scored 25 points in the 2nd half while holding TB to zero.

Saints win the NFC South.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Don't look now....

The Saints are back in the first seed position.

Can you say Super Bowl?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Nah....much better 2nd half by the Saints offense and defense for a 28-14 win. Saints scored 25 points in the 2nd half while holding TB to zero.

Saints win the NFC South.
    I posted after the T'giving Atlanta game that Brees and the O were out of sync, and warned if they played that poorly at Dallas they would lose. Well, they did, and then they did. No real improvement yesterday. It's one thing to recognize that the opposing defense deserves credit for playing well, and for making plays. Dallas' defense did, and Tampa Bay's defense has been playing really well recently. Okay. But, I'm not talking about what the opposing defenses do, I am concerned about Brees missing open receivers, which happens rarely, and Saints' receivers DROPPING passes! Saints' receivers have had more drops the past three games then the previous 10 games combined!

Also, I have seen more instances of Brees and his receivers "not being on the same page" then I've seen previously. I know what it is. Opposing defenses have studied and studied the Saints' offense and have made adjustments. To counter those adjustments, Payton and Brees have tweaked our offense, changing routes, changing Brees' progressions, and he and the receivers haven't gotten it down pat....yet. I can see it plain as day. I don't just "watch" football, I study it. And as a longtime fan of Payton/Brees I know their offense as well as most. I see they have changed things. They had to...opposing defenses had caught up to them.

The defense is playing much, much better and are carrying the Saints right now. The past 3 games, Atlanta, Dallas and Tampa Bay, we are 2-1. We might have easily been 0-3 if not for our defense. Remember we beat the Dirty Birds 31-17 thanks to four HUGE turnovers! Yesterday the spark was Hill's blocked punt.

Last night the Bears, not surprisingly, did us a big favor beating the Rams. Defense wins championships. For the Saints, we are seeing our defense step up too.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    Don't look now....

The Saints are back in the first seed position.

Can you say Super Bowl?
    I'll feel a lot better after the Steelers game.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

If the Playoffs Started Today:

NFC Wildcard
    #6 Vikings @ #3 Bears
    #5 Seahawks @ #4 Cowboys

NFC Divisional
    #1 Saints vs. Lowest Winning Seed (would be Cowboys if Bears/Cowboys Win)
    #2 Rams vs. Highest Winning Seed

AFC Wildcard
    #6 Ravens @ #3 Texans
    #5 Chargers @ #4 Steelers

AFC Divisional
    #1 Chiefs vs. Lowest winning seed
    #2 Patriots vs. Highest winning seed

---
    I hate how in the NFL, the second best team in a Conference (Chargers - Record wise) would be the 5th seed.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

I posted after the T'giving Atlanta game that Brees and the O were out of sync, and warned if they played that poorly at Dallas they would lose. Well, they did, and then they did. No real improvement yesterday. It's one thing to recognize that the opposing defense deserves credit for playing well, and for making plays. Dallas' defense did, and Tampa Bay's defense has been playing really well recently. Okay. But, I'm not talking about what the opposing defenses do, I am concerned about Brees missing open receivers, which happens rarely, and Saints' receivers DROPPING passes! Saints' receivers have had more drops the past three games then the previous 10 games combined!

Also, I have seen more instances of Brees and his receivers "not being on the same page" then I've seen previously. I know what it is. Opposing defenses have studied and studied the Saints' offense and have made adjustments. To counter those adjustments, Payton and Brees have tweaked our offense, changing routes, changing Brees' progressions, and he and the receivers haven't gotten it down pat....yet. I can see it plain as day. I don't just "watch" football, I study it. And as a longtime fan of Payton/Brees I know their offense as well as most. I see they have changed things. They had to...opposing defenses had caught up to them.

The defense is playing much, much better and are carrying the Saints right now. The past 3 games, Atlanta, Dallas and Tampa Bay, we are 2-1. We might have easily been 0-3 if not for our defense. Remember we beat the Dirty Birds 31-17 thanks to four HUGE turnovers! Yesterday the spark was Hill's blocked punt.

Last night the Bears, not surprisingly, did us a big favor beating the Rams. Defense wins championships. For the Saints, we are seeing our defense step up too.
    The Saints need their newly signed All Pro WR Brandon Marshall to get in the game very soon. I know HCSP is saving him for the playoffs but he and Brees need to have at least 2 games under their belt first much like WR A. Cooper of Dallas.

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    The Saints need their newly signed All Pro WR Brandon Marshall to get in the game very soon. I know HCSP is saving him for the playoffs but he and Brees need to have at least 2 games under their belt first much like WR A. Cooper of Dallas.
    They cut Brandon Marshall. We really do need some help at receiver. Thomas is great, and Smith has been good, but we still need help at the position

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by detltu View Post
    They cut Brandon Marshall. We really do need some help at receiver. Thomas is great, and Smith has been good, but we still need help at the position
    LOL! You just cut TylerT off at the knees. He was trying to brag about his new, "All Pro WR".....and BOOM!! That was classic.....

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by detltu View Post
    I assume he failed the physical.

Saints need another go-to receiver. Probably too late to find someone really good. Otherwise, we would have signed a WR off of someone's practice squad by now. Getting late too, even if they find someone.

Great game last night, Chargers vs. Chiefs. Credit to the Chargers for rallying big time. What do y'all think about the decision to go for 2? And, no, don't lean on the 20-20 hindsight that it worked. I understand the rationale of the decision, but don't know that I would have made that call if I were coaching the Chargers. Now, the Chargers, who were looking at a 5th seed, have a chance to garner the #1 seed. HUGE difference! But, that's the AFC. Cannon fodder in the Super Bowl.

The NFC, top to bottom, across the playoff contenders, is much better, I think. Any one of the top 5 or 6 NFC teams would win the AFC playoff tourney. Just my opinion, based on observation.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    I hate how in the NFL, the second best team in a Conference (Chargers - Record wise) would be the 5th seed.
    Chiefs & Chargers could both finish 13-3. Chiefs would be the 1 seed, the Chargers the 5 seed.

Teams need to be seeded by record - if a Division winner is 8-8 and everyone else has a better record - they should be the 6 seed.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

I assume he failed the physical.

Saints need another go-to receiver. Probably too late to find someone really good. Otherwise, we would have signed a WR off of someone's practice squad by now. Getting late too, even if they find someone.
    You mean.....like this?

Yes, like that.

I was surprised, and just shake my head in disbelief, over Zeke Elliot's $27,000 fine. I suppose all this "snowflake" crapola will have to descend into a state of total STUPIDITY before enough people scream "STOP THE NONSENSE!"

It's not that I don't support safety for the players. Take all steps to improve equipment, and yes, penalize blatant cheap shots, which we really don't see anymore anyway. But, football is a violent sport. It is! You can not legislate all the roughness out of it. Well, you could, but then it wouldn't be football, it would be a wussy sport like lacrosse.

Many of the head injuries, damage to the brain, are caused NOT by helmet to helmet hits. Most damage is caused by the sudden impact of thousands of pounds of people colliding. The brain, inside of the skull, "floats" and when the body comes to a sudden halt, the brain keeps moving impacting with the inside of the skull. Same damage any person suffers in a typical car wreck. Damage is done. But! most people don't endure car wrecks many dozens of times for 20 straight weeks!!!!

Anyway....the NFL has gotten ridiculous. Not that Elliot can't afford it....it's the stupidity of it that gets me.

Yes, like that.

I was surprised, and just shake my head in disbelief, over Zeke Elliot's $27,000 fine. I suppose all this "snowflake" crapola will have to descend into a state of total STUPIDITY before enough people scream "STOP THE NONSENSE!"

It's not that I don't support safety for the players. Take all steps to improve equipment, and yes, penalize blatant cheap shots, which we really don't see anymore anyway. But, football is a violent sport. It is! You can not legislate all the roughness out of it. Well, you could, but then it wouldn't be football, it would be a wussy sport like lacrosse.

Many of the head injuries, damage to the brain, are caused NOT by helmet to helmet hits. Most damage is caused by the sudden impact of thousands of pounds of people colliding. The brain, inside of the skull, "floats" and when the body comes to a sudden halt, the brain keeps moving impacting with the inside of the skull. Same damage any person suffers in a typical car wreck. Damage is done. But! most people don't endure car wrecks many dozens of times for 20 straight weeks!!!!

Anyway....the NFL has gotten ridiculous. Not that Elliot can't afford it....it's the stupidity of it that gets me.
    I agree. The stupidity of the NFL is never ending. If the NFL doesn't want players bringing attention to the Salvation Army and horsing around with the big red Salvation Army "bucket" in the end zone every time someone scores a TD, then MOVE the damn bucket out of the end zone.

The NFL is so hypocritical. If the NFL was half as smart as they think they are, they could have easily capitalized on this "Salvation Army" thing by putting a big red bucket in every team's end zone and creating some kind of "NFL challenge" between the teams for the season. Maybe celebrate the team that raises the most money for the Salvation Army, and call em "Red Bucket Champions", or whatever. But instead....the NFL turned it into a big negative thing.

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2018/12/05/cowboys-rb-ezekiel-elliott-nfls-fine-pay-little-fine-advice-kareem-hunt-reuben-foster

This is why "monopolies" are bad for business. Without a competitor there to capitalize on the NFL's flaws, they keep making the same stupid mistakes over and over again, and they keep pissing of customers.

+ Reply to Thread