+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We've Hit a Plateau

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: We've Hit a Plateau

Quote Originally Posted by rockdog View Post
    Another new thread. I know. I know. But hear me out. I debated posting this for a while. It is a message board, and we are all prone to freak out moments. I think this game today solidified my reasoning for posting this however.

2013: 4-8
    2014: 9-5
    2015: 9-4
    *2016: 9-5
    2017: 7-6
    2018: 7-5

These are the Skip Holtz years.
    *This is when Todd Fitch jumped aboard as OC.

Here is the conversation we had when Skip Holtz was hired. I think I and a few others discussed this exact scenario. Some people said you were good with it. Some of you said you were not good with it. How do we measure success? Are we meeting the measurement?

Here is the conversation from when Holtz was hired:

so...here we are.
    And in that time, we've lost a ton of posters on this message board, we've lost attendance and excitement at the Joe, and we have regressed over the past two seasons. I don't think we are going to make a change any place honestly. I think we need a mixup on the offensive side of the ball, and I would start with the OC, in spite of or despite's Skip's involvement. Someone has to answer for a regression on that side of the ball. In the past two seasons - while we should be improving and getting better - we seem to be moving backwards offensively.

Where do we go from here?
    Into the ESPN weekly Bottom 10 article. Just think, if Rice and UTEP suck again, we'll have TWO pillow fights. Now, that's something to look forward to!

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

If nothing changes our record will be 5-7 next year.

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post
    If nothing changes our record will be 5-7 next year.
    I think 3-9 is much more likely. UTEP, Rice, and UTSA will all be better next year and we'll struggle in every game. Again.

+ Reply to Thread