+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: All That’s Wrong With Tech Football

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: All That’s Wrong With Tech Football

Quote Originally Posted by deacon View Post
    You can believe I know exactly his name, number, position and hometown. I’m just not sure how I want to handle it.
    You should call Les Guice Monday morning and report it.

Puppy deacon seems to have something between the earsdeacon seems to have something between the earsdeacon seems to have something between the earsdeacon seems to have something between the earsdeacon seems to have something between the earsdeacon seems to have something between the ears

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    That's incredible. You should have gotten a player number. We don't need Richard Cranium's like that on the team.

Just before the 4th Qtr started, Tech was looking awful, and it seemed like we were all just sitting around and waiting for the Dawgs to do something. During a quiet lull I yelled at the players, "THERE IS NO 5TH QTR" A lot of people around me laughed at that one.
    That’s a hilarious comment! Ha!

Puppy deacon seems to have something between the earsdeacon seems to have something between the earsdeacon seems to have something between the earsdeacon seems to have something between the earsdeacon seems to have something between the earsdeacon seems to have something between the ears

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    Who was the player? You have to remember that the players are just as frustrated as the fans (likely moreso). They get bashed repeatedly by the fans, but they aren't the ones calling the same ineffective plays repeatedly, settling for FGs when we need TDs, etc.
    Oh no doubt. I likely won’t report the player’s name and number but may just inform the department it happened. But it’s totally par for the course for what’s been going on.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

#44 is senior LB Brandon Durman. That exchange occurred after WKU went up 30-15 late in Q4 and was more the result of Durman's frustration than anything else. I was on the lower east side and listened quite clearly to the WKU players talking trash to the student section about how they were going to dominate us ALL DAY. OL #68 Howell, WR #11 Lucky Jackson, and several others had plenty to say after their first score. They could clearly see that our team didn't want to play football yesterday and they definitely dominated us. That may have been the most humiliating home loss I've seen since the Jack Bicknell years and it was to one of the worst FBS teams of 2018.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deacon View Post
    You can believe I know exactly his name, number, position and hometown. I’m just not sure how I want to handle it.
    Too bad you didn't get your phone out and say to him..."Ah, can you please repeat that." Then if he did, you'd have it recorded. Which, had it been me, I would have immediately posted it all over Facebook on every page I am on. I would have sent it to the media too.

Now...as others have said...his deplorable actions may be just a symptom of what is really going on, but "F-bombing" a fan, a supporter like that is grounds for expulsion from the university. Not just losing his 'ship, but kicked out of Tech as a student too.

In fact, I am so miffed by this, I think I might post on Facebook that the incident happened with a disclaimer that I didn't personally witness it, don't know who the player is, but that it has been reported as occurring. I would hope you, deacon, will at least report it to someone at Tech so I don't have to go public with this. Of course! duh! this forum has open guest visitors so someone else can now do that too.

Champ JAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    That's what my father said about this team. He thinks there's a lot more to the story than we're being told. He can't fathom why Holtz insists on sticking with J'Mar.

Of course, with the impotent media we have in north Louisiana, we'll likely never know for sure.
    I feel same as you, but the sad truth is J'Mar was our best option this year... Elliot could have possibly done better at times, but not overall... Aaron Allen had no clue what was going on...Walker Price and Jack transferred out.... Walker wasnt a good thrower but looked like a million standing back there.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAMROB View Post
    I feel same as you, but the sad truth is J'Mar was our best option this year... Elliot could have possibly done better at times, but not overall... Aaron Allen had no clue what was going on...Walker Price and Jack transferred out.... Walker wasnt a good thrower but looked like a million standing back there.
    WE DON'T KNOW THAT!!!

Geeez......we really don't know that "J'Mar was our best option".......I HIGHLY doubt that, after what I've seen him do this year.

If nothing else, USM's Jack Abraham has proven that some CUSA teams can take a young, very inexperienced QB from zero to 60 in one season, and still end up with a winning record in CUSA and still go to a bowl game. I'm sure it would have required more work on the part of Skip Holtz, rather than just sitting on his arse and automatically delegating all of the 2018 QB duties to J'Mar again. No doubt, that was easier for Holtz than grooming another young QB. That takes some work.

Fact is, Aaron Allen and Weston Elliot may have surprised all of us this year --especially later in the season-- if given the chance.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

What I saw when Elliot miraculously entered the game was a guy who has some abilities. He advanced the team down the field adequately enough for his first go at it. I’m not sure we can appreciate how nervous he might’ve been considering it took the last couple of minutes in the last game of a long season before he got a chance to play. That in itself is a reflection of horrible head coaching and team leadership.

What I didn’t see was a guy who has had much quality practice time. The other thing was that the play calling wasn’t setting him up for success. Three corner end zone throws for a guy who hasn’t had any game experience is absolutely insane. Once again in this instance the coaching staff made some bad decisions and they did it repeatedly...! I figure Holtz was doing what he always does, playing to minimize the possibility of an interception while vastly limiting the opportunity for success.

Champ Gladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by BhadDawg View Post
    Writing them while offering solutions goes a long ways by showing you are not just a complainer.
    Say It Louder

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gladzilla View Post
    Say It Louder
    I was saying it in writing last year when our AD screwed with our decades old tailgate tradition near the TAC. It was ignored by all who could make a difference.

How many tailgate sets (yesterday) were in an area that once held over 50? Thanks to our AD, there were 2.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

The alma mater after WKU's upset blowout win over Tech (their first win ever in Ruston) on Senior Day.

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by JDubyadawg View Post
    I agree that you should offer solutions but what solutions would I offer Dr Guice? The product or service I’m purchasing and given time and effort to is for entertainment. After two year of watching this crap what can I suggest? Encourage him to encourage the coach to do a better job or else?
    Late reply here but...I guess I was referring more to the game day experience than the team. Guice can definitely have some influence over Game Day, that's why I say offer solution's or at least ideas. What do you dislike about your Gameday experience and what would make it better? It is difficult to imagine that Guice does not see how bad the whole the team, coaching, and game day experience has became, he can't help but see it.

I think the coaching is a lost cause and he has to see it also, so it is long past encouraging, we should suggest he replace the present coach with a new coach. There it is, problem and solution!

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Tech had one win over a good team this year — UNT, which finished 9-3. The total combined wins of the other 5 FBS teams we beat was a whopping 11.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

IF, we get invited to a BOWL GAME, I'm not going to drive to see it. We drove to 4 out of state games this year. Next year we MIGHT go to one!!The problem is J'Mar has reached his potential!! he isn't going to get any better!!! LA Tech is a "passing team" that has been blessed in the past years with VERY GOOD quarterbacks!

In past years, we had Colby Cameron, Sokol, Higgins, and Jeff Driskel. I would give each one of them a 9 on a 10 scale. I would give J'Mar a 4. BOTTOM LINE....we are NOT accustomed to having a piss poor quarter back for this long of a period of time!!!!

Right now, I'm afraid if we get a Bowl Game, the Dawgs will get their asses kicked!!

There is no "if" to it. LA Tech is guaranteed to play in one of CUSA's bowl slots this year.

+ Reply to Thread