+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: All That’s Wrong With Tech Football

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Re: All That’s Wrong With Tech Football

Quote Originally Posted by ETxBullDawg View Post
    Did anyone see our freshman qb Aaron Allen on the sidelines yesterday? I scanned and scanned, had wife and three others sitting next to me scan and we could not find him. Any info available that I may have missed?
    Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Several of the redshirts were not dressed out or even on the sideline yesterday.
    I was at practice on Wednesday, and Coach Holtz told the team that he was allowing guys who were not on the travel/dress squad to go home for the holiday and to stay home. It wasn't required for them to be at the game. This allowed some guys who were from out of state to return home for an extended break. This is not something that is out of the ordinary, and I'm not surprised that Allen was allowed to be at home.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    That's a really good point. UNT makes a lot of players (e.g. Mason Fine) available for various interviews. Of course, UNT's marketing is light years ahead of LA Tech's. Sonny Dykes was very good about making our players available to the media.

As for the "rock bottom" comment, that was mine. I wasn't referring to the team's record, but rather to the game day experience. Yesterday, Tech alley looked like a Ghost town. Maybe you weren't there......but I really don't see how it can get any worse than that.
    This just isn't true. I interviewed two players after practice on Wednesday. I could have interviewed assistant coaches if I wanted to. Anybody was available if I requested them. They just didn't fit in the story that I was doing.

Skip has always made people in his program available if the proper protocol is followed. He's not Dooley, who, if I remember, was way more strict with player/coach access than Skip is.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    I was at practice on Wednesday, and Coach Holtz told the team that he was allowing guys who were not on the travel/dress squad to go home for the holiday and to stay home. It wasn't required for them to be at the game. This allowed some guys who were from out of state to return home for an extended break. This is not something that is out of the ordinary, and I'm not surprised that Allen was allowed to be at home.
    Skip's new favorite receiver has already played in 3 games. He is saving him for #4 the bowl game when he will no doubt get 4 more deep balls over his head.

Good sign that the WKU game meant nothing to our HC.

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Skip's new favorite receiver has already played in 3 games. He is saving him for #4 the bowl game when he will no doubt get 4 more deep balls over his head.

Good sign that the WKU game meant nothing to our HC.
    You don't agree with the strategy being employed across the country about getting certain freshmen four games of experience and maintaining their redshirt year?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

You don't agree with the strategy being employed across the country about getting certain freshmen four games of experience and maintaining their redshirt year?
    No I think the rule is great and I understand why he wasn't there. I just thought is was strange that he was Skip's main topic all week, but nowhere to be found yesterday.

I do have a problem with a RS getting PT over a 5th year senior in a bowl game when the RS has not proven himself other than being able to "run on top of the grass"

Big Dog Rama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant future Rama Jama's Avatar

This is part of a post that is on the Tech Athletic Facebook page, under the halftime score post. Not sure if this person has inside knowledge, but can anyone confirm a locker room altercation after the USM game?

"Not to mention several players had a altercation in the locker room in Hattiesburg, yes the QB had a altercation with other players. It shows how they were playing on the field which is crazy, teammates not getting along with QB, POSITION COACHES meeting with other players telling them to transfer to another school."

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

I’d be very surprised if J’Mar got into an altercation. I haven’t seen proof that he has any fight in him. Chances are far better that he slid under any intended punch anyway.

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rama Jama View Post
    This is part of a post that is on the Tech Athletic Facebook page, under the halftime score post. Not sure if this person has inside knowledge, but can anyone confirm a locker room altercation after the USM game?

"Not to mention several players had a altercation in the locker room in Hattiesburg, yes the QB had a altercation with other players. It shows how they were playing on the field which is crazy, teammates not getting along with QB, POSITION COACHES meeting with other players telling them to transfer to another school."
    Interesting.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

This just isn't true. I interviewed two players after practice on Wednesday. I could have interviewed assistant coaches if I wanted to. Anybody was available if I requested them. They just didn't fit in the story that I was doing.

Skip has always made people in his program available if the proper protocol is followed. He's not Dooley, who, if I remember, was way more strict with player/coach access than Skip is.
    Well, have you --or any other "reporter"-- ever asked the simple question of Holtz, or Tech's Asst Coaches, "Who calls the plays for this offense? Tell me how that works?"

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    I’d be very surprised if J’Mar got into an altercation. I haven’t seen proof that he has any fight in him. Chances are far better that he slid under any intended punch anyway.
    That should not even be funny, but...……..

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Conversations I had yesterday at the game lead me to believe this to be true.

Even if it’s not true, these comments show a deeper problem at our school right now.

Players fighting, cussing at fans, not listening to coaches, relatives posting on Facebook, insiders grumbling. All things that happen with poor leadership.

Symptoms of a much worse problem.

Big Dog Terence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of light Terence32's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post
    Conversations I had yesterday at the game lead me to believe this to be true.

Even if it’s not true, these comments show a deeper problem at our school right now.

Players fighting, cussing at fans, not listening to coaches, relatives posting on Facebook, insiders grumbling. All things that happen with poor leadership.

Symptoms of a much worse problem.

Players cussing at fans? Wow is this really going on?
    Sounds like the place is falling apart. This is so disappointing, I can't support this.

Big Dog Rama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant future Rama Jama's Avatar

We need an F. Jay Taylor to whip the whole crew into shape. I assume that most of us were there when F. Jay was President (1962-1987)? Think of the Tech teams, the spirit, upward progress during that era? That's the Tech that I still believe we are, not what is happening now. We MUST get back to that.

Champ Dowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond repute Dowty's Avatar

I must’ve missed that post, but I saw relatives of some of our players wondering if Skip was leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Well, have you --or any other "reporter"-- ever asked the simple question of Holtz, or Tech's Asst Coaches, "Who calls the plays for this offense? Tell me how that works?"
    Have I? No. I don't cover Tech athletics and haven't in years. I've written three stories about Tech this year -- a season preview and a feature on Rhashid Bonnette at the start of the season, and a feature on Michael Sam and Daniel Lewis that is scheduled to run sometime soon. These were all done at the request of one of my best friends who runs the paper in New Iberia. I have nothing to do with any of the papers in North Louisiana, and I still have never stepped foot in the new press box.

+ Reply to Thread