+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Team Implodes - Holtz has lost control of this team

Varsity Bulldog Bayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to all Bayou Dawg's Avatar

Team Implodes - Holtz has lost control of this team

Teammates fighting each other. Intentionally letting Jmar get sacked. Players cursing back at their fans. This is no longer a team culture. It has imploded. Holtz has lost respect of this team.
    TM has lost the fan base by basically ignoring them. Ever Loyal Be?

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Re: Team Implodes - Holtz has lost control of this team

Quote Originally Posted by Bayou Dawg View Post
    Teammates fighting each other. Intentionally letting Jmar get sacked. Players cursing back at their fans. This is no longer a team culture. It has imploded. Holtz has lost respect of this team.
    Don't you be talking bad about McClelland. He has to work under a tight budget!

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Team managers sold secrets to the Russians. Backups fixed the books on crude oil which will soon jack up gas prices. QBs caught spotlighting deer at midnight. Special teams heard on wiretap planning a coup. Vigilante caravan of Dawgs advancing towards Dubach.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

I know there are stories flying around about team dysfunction. I don’t know if any of it’s true. I’m mean it is on the internet after all, but something definitely isn’t right.

What is undeniable is that for the past two years Tech football has been performing at a substandard level. During that time the two greatest common denominators were Holtz running the offense and J’Mar being the QB. Together they fail.

Who’s to say what the exact reasons are why it’s not working, whether it’s Holtz not having the confidence in J’Mar to run the full offense or if it’s J’Mar lacking the skills to execute the full offense. I happen to think it’s exactly both. And because of that the rest of the team is frustrated from their efforts going to waste.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    I know there are stories flying around about team dysfunction. I don’t know if any of it’s true. I’m mean it is on the internet after all, but something definitely isn’t right.

What is undeniable is that for the past two years Tech football has been performing at a substandard level. During that time the two greatest common denominators were Holtz running the offense and J’Mar being the QB. Together they fail.

Who’s to say what the exact reasons are why it’s not working, whether it’s Holtz not having the confidence in J’Mar to run the full offense or if it’s J’Mar lacking the skills to execute the full offense. I happen to think it’s exactly both. And because of that the rest of the team is frustrated from their efforts going to waste.
    I think we have seen the full offense: run the ball up the guard's butt for two plays, throw a misguided pass, punt.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    I think we have seen the full offense: run the ball up the guard's butt for two plays, throw a misguided pass, punt.
    J'Mar = Mr "3 and Out!"

Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Please don't leave Fitch out of this. He's one of the worst OC's in FBS history. And, even if he isn't calling plays, he still has huge influence on Skippy and is taking up a spot where a real coach should be and is taking a huge check from Tech for doing nothing.

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DJDAWG View Post
    Please don't leave Fitch out of this. He's one of the worst OC's in FBS history. And, even if he isn't calling plays, he still has huge influence on Skippy and is taking up a spot where a real coach should be and is taking a huge check from Tech for doing nothing.
    I keep hearing that, but Skip is calling the plays. To think his play calling will improve when you get him a new assistant is naive. Fitch isn't the problem.

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by touchdown123 View Post
    I keep hearing that, but Skip is calling the plays. To think his play calling will improve when you get him a new assistant is naive. Fitch isn't the problem.
    Tech is playing a lot of money to a lot of people who doesn’t add any value to the university

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by touchdown123 View Post
    ....Let's see.....some of you guys are saying this same thing about Todd Fitch, Tim Rattay, our special teams guy, etc.......have I left anyone out?

Does our Water Boy really carry the water for us? Or does Skip do that too?

I agree with DJDAWG. Even if some of you guys are only half right, LA Tech is paying a lot of money to a lot of people to do nothing.

Big Dog RUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the rough

Is it Rattay as QB Coach??

Quote Originally Posted by RUBLUE View Post
    Is it Rattay as QB Coach??
    Yep. Allegedly.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

If anyone thinks Holtz is going to replace people he can control with people he can't out of some sudden attack of common sense, please take another puff and pass it over here.

Yes could those people apparently be getting paid to do nothing or to do less than their job description?? Of course, but they are there because Skip wants them there, not because they were forced upon him, or that he has been given any kind of ultimatum from above. If he replaces Fitch it will be with a Fitch clone not a Kingsbury type offensive mind.

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bayou Dawg View Post
    Kinda like this board.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

And THAT is the REST OF THE STORY!!!!

+ Reply to Thread