+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Louisiana Tech Accepts Invitation to Hawai’i Bowl

Big Dog Longdog is a name known to allLongdog is a name known to allLongdog is a name known to allLongdog is a name known to allLongdog is a name known to allLongdog is a name known to allLongdog is a name known to allLongdog is a name known to allLongdog is a name known to allLongdog is a name known to allLongdog is a name known to all

Louisiana Tech Accepts Invitation to Hawai’i Bowl

Fred Lewis writes in the Hawaii Star Advertiser this morning that the Hawaii Bowl is “reportedly close” to announcing that Louisiana Tech will face Hawaii in the Hawaii Bowl on Dec. 22.

Have to be a subscriber to read his full story but to read the first paragraph of “UH likely to face Louisiana Tech in Hawaii Bowl,” go to http://www.staradvertiser.com/2018/1...n-hawaii-bowl/

Champ atobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to all atobulldog's Avatar

Re: Star Advertiser Reports Hawaii Bowl Close to Selecting Louisiana Tech

Nice destination trip for what looks like a rented mule football team. The Rainbows would be up for that one.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Holtz told Jason Horowitz with CBS before the game on Saturday that Hawaii is where he wanted to go if the Independence Bowl was not an option.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    Holtz told Jason Horowitz with CBS before the game on Saturday that Hawaii is where he wanted to go if the Independence Bowl was not an option.
    Yeah, I bet he does. The further away from the vocal crowd the better.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    Yeah, I bet he does. The further away from the vocal crowd the better.
    And the fact they know where ticket sales would be this year if we ended up in DFW or New Orleans.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Wise move. Tech fans probably won't travel to see The Holtz Circus this year, so put us in the least accessible bowl.

Champ atobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to all atobulldog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    I could see the coaching staff being booed out of the stadium if two conditions are met, 1) a repeat WKU performance and 2) the Shreveport Tech crowd actually pays to show up.

I do not want Tech in the Indy bowl, imo, it will be bad all around. I don't trust Skip to regain control of this team to prepared them although he has shown the ability to prep for bowl games in the past. In the event that we get in the Indy Bowl, we have to worry about fans actually attending making the bowl look good to sponsors and our home attendance (announced v turnstiles) doesn't seem to bear that out. I would wager to guess we would struggle to sell a 10,000 ticket allotment with our current product. I worry that all of this will leave an even more sour taste in the mouth of future Indy Bowl committees.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by atobulldog View Post
    I could see the coaching staff being booed out of the stadium if two conditions are met, 1) a repeat WKU performance and 2) the Shreveport Tech crowd actually pays to show up.

I do not want Tech in the Indy bowl, imo, it will be bad all around. I don't trust Skip to regain control of this team to prepared them although he has shown the ability to prep for bowl games in the past. In the event that we get in the Indy Bowl, we have to worry about fans actually attending making the bowl look good to sponsors and our home attendance (announced v turnstiles) doesn't seem to bear that out. I would wager to guess we would struggle to sell a 10,000 ticket allotment with our current product. I worry that all of this will leave an even more sour taste in the mouth of future Indy Bowl committees.
    Hell, we struggled to put 10,000 in the stands on Saturday, at home, with nice weather, senior day, and what should have been a easy opponent. I would agree with the bolded statement completely. Also as much as I hate the I-Bowl committee I wouldn't want to ever give them an example of a poorly attended I-Bowl game from Tech. It doesn't matter how many times we bail them out they would always point to this game to justify their lack of respect of our program. Even if in this case it would be warranted.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

At Hawaii. A road game. Oh well, it'll be like the old WAC days...only with a much worse Tech team.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Well I damned sure want to see Tech play in a bowl game this year. Playing yet another road game at Hawaii would reeeeeeeaally piss me off!

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Tech is 2-8 all time versus Hawaii and winless when playing on the Island. Combine that with the sad state of Tech football at the present time and things look gloomy. I figure Hawaii knows a sure win when they see it so Tech is the perfect opponent. It should be an uncontested massacre while our coaching staff celebrate their seasons success in paradise.

Statistically speaking this game should extend Tech’s season ending losing streak to 3 and it should end Tech’s bowl game winning streak at 4.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

This is absolutely THE WORST bowl possibility of all of the CUSA bowls. USM at 6-5 has earned this slot.

If Hawaii is truly our #2 preferred bowl then Tech has seen my final LTAC contribution and season tickets purchase ever- that is a promise.

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

Good

This game needs to be played as far away from Louisiana as possible. If we landed a Dallas bowl or Indy Bowl, we would not have 3,500 there.

Our team and coaching staff have quit - so have the fans.

Time to put a fork in this season.....this team does not deserve a bowl.

Big Dog Terence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of light Terence32's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    This is absolutely THE WORST bowl possibility of all of the CUSA bowls. USM at 6-5 has earned this slot.

If Hawaii is truly our #2 preferred bowl then Tech has seen my final LTAC contribution and season tickets purchase ever- that is a promise.

Over a bowl game? haha come on calm down. You should be more pissed about the overall season performance than this bowl destination.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Just use the game as an excuse/motivation to take a Hawaiian vacation.

+ Reply to Thread