+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alabama

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Good to see former players speaking to the team. The girls on the 2018 team have got to understand what wearing the Techster uniform means. It's what I posted recently by it's a privilege that can't be taken for granted, and it's something that has to be earned....every day!

This team IS ALL OVER THE MAP! Stink it up one game, and then bounce back with a big win. Usually that points to coaching inconsistencies. But, if you watch these post game clips, Brooke is saying the same things....the RIGHT things....after every game, win or lose. I am ALL IN for Brooke as our coach. I've been up-close watching her coach, when she was at NSU. I'm telling ya....she can flat-out coach! Maybe her recruiting is an issue. I don't want to hit that one too hard, but just based on what we're seeing, and the fact I know she can coach tells me something is not quite right.

But, enough of the negative stuff. I have confidence Brooke will coach this team up.

Go Techsters!
    I have confidence in Brooke too. I do think we are at a big recruiting challenge, but that has to improve. She is huge at coaching the team up and making them fight every second. Some never learn that, but I think she is doing great with the talent we have. If they can learn that hustle on every play, this is going to be a really good team this year.

Champ philgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I have confidence in Brooke too. I do think we are at a big recruiting challenge, but that has to improve. She is huge at coaching the team up and making them fight every second. Some never learn that, but I think she is doing great with the talent we have. If they can learn that hustle on every play, this is going to be a really good team this year.
    Here is what I like about what I heard on Sunday we are beginning to see a group of players working, Sweets is not scoring as I had hoped but a couple of the other "Bigs" and I say that because they are not really big but they are as big as we have and are Freshmen really played well yesterday against Alabama. Alabama is not going to be a NCAA tournament team but they are going to win some games and when recruiting it is good to be able to say that you beat Three or Four power five conference teams.

We took down Houston, Memphis and Alabama so far with Ole Miss coming round the corner.

If we can get some factor of an inside game it would be HUGE, right now we are depending on the guards to do everything and offensively our best post player is Grayson Bright who is a guard but one thing about her is that she ain't scared to mix it up.

We need McDonald, Whitney, Alexander and Harris to start producing on the inside and yes I know that McDonald is a guard but we need that posting presence inside Cleaver is her own worst enemy right now she played with a bit more confidence yesterday but the post inside game from those five we need Cleaver, Whitney, Alexander and Harris to get us 20 points a night if they can start providing that for us then we will see the outside start to open up because teams with have to guard us differently.

Big Dog ACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to all

I was really pleased with the effort yesterday. Alabama is not a NCAA tournament team; however, it was a good win.
    Their starting line up goes 6'5, 6'1, 6'0, 6"0, 5'6 with a couple of 6'3 players off the bench and we outrebounded them. Continued development inside will be key for us. A reminder that Cleaver had surgery this summer and so she has been slowed down a bit so far. We will need her to get stronger by Feb/March.

Bulldog DiamondDawg36 is a name known to allDiamondDawg36 is a name known to allDiamondDawg36 is a name known to allDiamondDawg36 is a name known to allDiamondDawg36 is a name known to allDiamondDawg36 is a name known to allDiamondDawg36 is a name known to allDiamondDawg36 is a name known to allDiamondDawg36 is a name known to allDiamondDawg36 is a name known to allDiamondDawg36 is a name known to all DiamondDawg36's Avatar

Just some trivia, Alabama head coach is former Lady Techster assistant, Kristi Sims McCurdy. Former HC at Purdue and Texas Tech prior to the Tide.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDawg36 View Post
    Just some trivia, Alabama head coach is former Lady Techster assistant, Kristi Sims McCurdy. Former HC at Purdue and Texas Tech prior to the Tide.
    I had always wondered why we didn't pursue more games with them (and other teams from the Barmore tree).

Big Dog ACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to all

Additionally, Curry recruited Stoehr out of high school. Curry’s last year as Techsters assistant coach was Brooke’s freshman season. Curry coached Lady Techsters Associate Head Coach Lindsey Hicks at Purdue for 4 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDawg36 View Post

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    We should put up a billboard for their fans to see on the way to California?
    I got it.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ Wade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond repute Wade_Antley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ACSlatech1994 View Post
    I was really pleased with the effort yesterday. Alabama is not a NCAA tournament team; however, it was a good win.
    No doubt about it, it was a good win. For sure they won't be going to the tournament but they probably would if they where in any of a dozen other conferences. They will settle somewhere close to .500 in the sec standings and will take down at least one top 25 team. Every player on that team is a 3 star recruit (at least the last two recruiting cycles).

I wonder if they knew we finished last in recruiting in CUSA?

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by olddog75 View Post
    Yea, not like all the rich folks living in North Louisiana.
    Ruston used to be very high in millionaires per capita, iirc.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgMc View Post
    Ruston used to be very high in millionaires per capita, iirc.
    Yeah, it was top 10 in wealth per capita and, I believe, was the highest educated (percentage).

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Yeah, it was top 10 in wealth per capita and, I believe, was the highest educated (percentage).
    Ruston is still #1 in the state in wealth per capita, and the 2nd place city is not even close. Used to be #1 in the South too. Not sure if that is still true, but it's still up there close to the top.

Did a quick Net search and one website shows Ruston 2nd in the state. But, the #1 spot is Oak Hills Place, near Baton Rouge. That is NOT a city, it's an exclusive development which sprung up after Katrina. Yeah, I have no doubt there is a TON of wealth per household there. But, it's not a separate incorporated city.

Also, Ruston is shown 7th on some sites....but that is strictly household "income." That is probably true too. But "wealth" and "income" are totally different things.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Ruston is still #1 in the state in wealth per capita, and the 2nd place city is not even close. Used to be #1 in the South too. Not sure if that is still true, but it's still up there close to the top.

Did a quick Net search and one website shows Ruston 2nd in the state. But, the #1 spot is Oak Hills Place, near Baton Rouge. That is NOT a city, it's an exclusive development which sprung up after Katrina. Yeah, I have no doubt there is a TON of wealth per household there. But, it's not a separate incorporated city.

Also, Ruston is shown 7th on some sites....but that is strictly household "income." That is probably true too. But "wealth" and "income" are totally different things.
    Nice to know it is still true. Now, if we could only get them all to give big time to the University in their town.....

+ Reply to Thread