+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018-19 Bowl Games

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: 2018-19 Bowl Games

Quote Originally Posted by eagle2180 View Post
    As an aside for all the Hunter Lee fans, McKinney Boyd has had 3 players walk on and become starters at Rice, Baylor and OK State. 3 more players attended the US Air Force Academy, 1 scholarship OL at Oklahoma , and a Qb walked on at Ole Miss...zero players ended up at La Tech.
    Sonny Dykes seemed much better connected to Don Drake and the McKinney area HS coaches than what Skip Holtz is. I think Skip has recruited some Frisco ISD kids though?

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    Looks like he resigned after the season this year.
    Yes, he did. He has been a HC for 13 and OC for 25.

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Sonny Dykes seemed much better connected to Don Drake and the McKinney area HS coaches than what Skip Holtz is. I think Skip has recruited some Frisco ISD kids though?
    Dykes still recruits the area for SMU, but yes he was better connected.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Yes, he did. He has been a HC for 13 and OC for 25. He has produced some of the most prolific offenses in the DFW metroplex. Boyd has an enrollment of @2800 and regularly plays schools with enrollments of 5-6,000. He coached against RG 3 in the quarterfinals of the playoffs and finished 2nd in district to a Kyler Murray led Allen High school.
    FYI.....my family and I attended that Boyd game against Copperas Cove and RG3 in Waco because we had family friends playing in the game. Funny thing is, RG3 wasn't the star of that game that night. Instead, Copperas Cove won 48-26, behind the running of Troy Vital, who could have signed almost anywhere and chose to go to Idaho. Yes, LA Tech played against him in the WAC. I don't know what happened to Vital. He never played well again. But he ran for about 10 miles that night against McKinney Boyd.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

That Div II championship is the best "bowl" game yet this year! Valdosta State wins 49-47. Ferris State missed the two point try to tie it up with about a minute to go. I love watching those type games!

Yes he did, Boyd’s starting LB was out that night with a ruptured spleen. Daren Alves, the Qb for Boyd that night had a better performance than RG3. I’ve always wondered what happened to Vital. I think both RG3 and Vital had committed to Houston before Art Briles got the Baylor job.
    You must be Coach Don Drake? Not everybody remembers that kind of detail from 2007. If so, congrats on your retirement, Coach.

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    You must be Coach Don Drake? Not everybody remembers that kind of detail from 2007. If so, congrats on your retirement, Coach.
    Nope, but I went to high school and college with him.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Man...UNT looked good today

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Yes he did, Boyd’s starting LB was out that night with a ruptured spleen. Daren Alves, the Qb for Boyd that night had a better performance than RG3. I’ve always wondered what happened to Vital. I think both RG3 and Vital had committed to Houston before Art Briles got the Baylor job.
    I looked up Vital's 247 recruiting profile. He had offers from Baylor, Tennessee and Houston, among other smaller schools. Yet he went to Idaho, kind of odd, IMO.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    That Div II championship is the best "bowl" game yet this year! Valdosta State wins 49-47. Ferris State missed the two point try to tie it up with about a minute to go. I love watching those type games!
    I agree fun game to watch.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Now MTSU is getting hammered by Appy State, 17-3. So far, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    I looked up Vital's 247 recruiting profile. He had offers from Baylor, Tennessee and Houston, among other smaller schools. Yet he went to Idaho, kind of odd, IMO.
    If I remember right,it’s been a few years. Briles was at Houston and had commitments from RG3 and Vital. Briles got the Baylor job and RG3 signed with Baylor, Vital ended up in Idaho for some odd reason.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Lots of blow outs so far in the bowls..... 2 CUSA teams were blown out and THE ONE TEAM THAT I WANTED TO BE BLOWN OUT from CUSA plays today... If we pull out a victory in Hawaii, we may be the only CUSA team with a win this year. https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/a...stings-matchup

UNT lost 52-13, MTSU lost 45-13...first, it's bad luck to score 13!

Two more pieces of evidence that CUSA is the WORST conference in FBS. Both Utah State and Appy State completely, totally outclassed the CUSA teams. No contests. Appy State lost its coach, that is suppose to throw a team into disarray. Well! if it did be thankful for that, else MTSU might have lost 100-0.

Maybe, just maybe, if CUSA gets slaughtered in every bowl game it might open some eyes.

Dang! we have a horrible rep on the CUSA board. And Belchers, esp. Appy State fans, have crashed the board flaming away. Somehow Tech got dragged into one discussion with an Appy fan expressing hope they get a chance to kill us too. Which, according to that fan, just means we play, the circumstances won't matter. Well, that Appy fan doesn't represent the others I have met. I find them to be great fans, with a good hold on humility.

Appy State is now 4-0 all time, in their FBS history, in bowls. They beat Meeeechigan, and this year, nearly beat #10 ranked Penn State. I advocated for them being invited to CUSA, but as others point out, the Belch has passed CUSA in football and is now a much better conference. They are better off staying there.

In other news....

Ga Southern finished a 10-win season, Appy State an 11-win season, and Fresno a 12-win season. Yet, our Sunshine Pumpers, who have disappeared, claim we are ridiculous for wanting a 10-win season....just once! from Holtz. How unreasonable we are!

We continue to yap at each other on this forum....meanwhile other programs JUST DO IT! (I own no NIKE stock...hah!)

+ Reply to Thread