+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018-19 Bowl Games

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: 2018-19 Bowl Games

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    The I Bowl was a big flop. With additional money from the 2015 hotel/motel tax they still can't make this profitable or an event.
    Didn’t see many shots of the stands. ESPN knew what they were doing with those camera angles.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

I wonder what was the economic impact of this year's I-Bowl.

2018 Walk On's Independence Bowl promises more than just football
    KTBS.com | Dec 5, 2018
    https://www.ktbs.com/news/walk-on-s-...03bec2e62.html

"Typically we say that the economic impact of the bowl is about $8-9 million dollars. But there are so many variables including the regionality of the teams selected to the weather on the day of the game."

Chris Jay is with the Shreveport-Bossier Tourism Bureau. He says both out-of-towners and locals will be spending money come bowl week.

"They're going to spend money at restaurants, they're going to go to the boardwalk, they're going to spend some money at hotels, hopefully, they'll participate in the pub crawl and drop some money in some local pubs."

Big Dog Saint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    I wonder what was the economic impact of this year's I-Bowl.

2018 Walk On's Independence Bowl promises more than just football
    KTBS.com | Dec 5, 2018
    https://www.ktbs.com/news/walk-on-s-...03bec2e62.html

"Typically we say that the economic impact of the bowl is about $8-9 million dollars. But there are so many variables including the regionality of the teams selected to the weather on the day of the game."

Chris Jay is with the Shreveport-Bossier Tourism Bureau. He says both out-of-towners and locals will be spending money come bowl week.

"They're going to spend money at restaurants, they're going to go to the boardwalk, they're going to spend some money at hotels, hopefully, they'll participate in the pub crawl and drop some money in some local pubs."
    I can verify the hooters is having a hell of a Wednesday night. The temple cheerleaders are ordering a ton of drinks.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Yeah, you don't promote with social media. Social media if free and only read by people who are already fans. It's lame, but easy.

Promos to fans at the previous games are also lame because NOBODY outside of season ticket holders are in attendance.

Huge game. Students are out. Tickets should be a friggin' dollar each for the blue seats, but noooooo. It still costs $75 or more to bring a family of four and feed them popcorn and drinks.

Our AD is HORRIBLE!
    Yeah, they could be single digits. But with that I wouldnt use too much on advertising. Id go with social media.

At the price they are, they could just run a few ads on the radio.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    Yeah, they could be single digits. But with that I wouldnt use too much on advertising. Id go with social media.

At the price they are, they could just run a few ads on the radio.
    No, they should focus on one game at a time. The first conference home game against our natural rival is HUGE.
    Our AD is too lazy and stupid to do anything to make up for his scheduling screw up which has us playing USM while school is not in session. I'm telling y'all he is totally out of touch with all things regarding the importance of Tech students and sports.

We are losing fans left and right because this SLC boob is running the show.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Can he really control conference scheduling? We will likely be back in class before any of these semester schools are. Any conference game within the next week will be during a holiday break for any team.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    Can he really control conference scheduling? .
    Part of his job. Even in MBB.

USM is the first of three road games in a row for us late Janurary and early February. We got UAB'd by against USM.

Do we have anybody representing us?

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Let's take a quick look at LA Tech's home performance in 2018:

Game 1 - Beat an FCS SWAC team.
    Game 2 - Lost by 3 TD's to a perennial CUSA loser that had to restart their entire football program only 2 years ago. The Dogs were physically beaten in this one.
    Game 3 - Needed a 43-yd QB keeper in the 4th qtr just to hang on and beat UTEP 31-24. UTEP, owners of the longest losing streak in the nation at 18 games, tied the Dogs in the 4th qtr.
    Game 4 - Barely beat Rice, losers of 19 straight FBS games. After leading only 7-3 at halftime, Tech finally pulled away for an uncomfortable 28-13 win.
    Game 5 - 7 days after losing to USM for the 4th consecutive year, LA Tech lost their Senior Day season finale 30-15 to 2-9 WKU, in a very uninspired effort.

That's ugly, T1. Real ugly. That's literally 4 bad performances, and an FCS win. Tech fans deserve better. Selling tickets to people when your team performs like that at home will require more than a Herculean effort.

The problem I have is, I think this Tech team was much better than this. This is a pathetic result from what appears to be a good football team. Underachiever U.
    He's 22-11 at JAS.

I don't know what a proper home field advantage is supposed to be, but I suspect it should be a hair north of two-thirds.

And if you take out FCS wins, he's 17-11 -- a smidge over 60%.

Big Dog TrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    He's 22-11 at JAS.

I don't know what a proper home field advantage is supposed to be, but I suspect it should be a hair north of two-thirds.

And if you take out FCS wins, he's 17-11 -- a smidge over 60%.
    From 2006-2016, average win % at home across the FBS, was 62.5%. Average win % on the road was 42.5%.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBulldog1962 View Post
    From 2006-2016, average win % at home across the FBS, was 62.5%. Average win % on the road was 42.5%.
    OK, that's helpful.

I'm still not satisfied with the value I get for my entertainment dollar at a Tech home game. But glad to know we're not below the curve.

Big Dog TrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    OK, that's helpful.

I'm still not satisfied with the value I get for my entertainment dollar at a Tech home game. But glad to know we're not below the curve.
    By my calculations, he's 46-33 (58%) overall, 22-12 (65%) at home, 20-21 (49%) on the road, and 4-1 (80%) in neutral site games. Hawaii Bowl was treated as true road game.

Last two seasons when we've lost all home-field advantage, Skip is 6-6 (50%) at home, 8-5 (62%) on the road, and 1-0 (100%) in neutral site games.

Last two seasons when we've lost all home-field advantage, Skip is 6-6 (50%) at home.
    This is killing attendance along with our AD's lack of focus.

Last two seasons when we've lost all home-field advantage, Skip is 6-6 (50%) at home,
    Only 4 wins if you dont count FCS snooze-fests. (And I dont.)

So … if you think watching Tech beat FBS teams represents a good value for your family's entertainment budget, you had a 1-in-3 chance of seeing that in JAS over the last 2 seasons.

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Skip is 6-6 (50%) at home, 8-5 (62%) on the road, and 1-0 (100%) in neutral site games.
    I wonder if we are the only team who has a home field disadvantage?

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Man that’s terrible

+ Reply to Thread