+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018-19 Bowl Games

Big Dog Rama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant future Rama Jama's Avatar

Re: 2018-19 Bowl Games

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux Dawgs View Post
    This poor bowl may finally fold. They should have sold their soul to the devil and tried to trade Tech and Temple.

There will be no one at this game
    OR, with Barksdale AFB there, they may try and use the program of buying a ticket for a military member to try and fill the stadium. Question is, does one of the teams then get to count that "surrogate fan" as one of their fans and then brag about the number of fans that showed up? Kinda like Tech will do for the Hawaii Bowl?

Varsity Bulldog tech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of light tech_dawg_fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rama Jama View Post
    OR, with Barksdale AFB there, they may try and use the program of buying a ticket for a military member to try and fill the stadium. Question is, does one of the teams then get to count that "surrogate fan" as one of their fans and then brag about the number of fans that showed up? Kinda like Tech will do for the Hawaii Bowl?
    Unless it's changed in the four years since I left, any Willis Knighton (biggest employer in SBC area) employee that wants to go can get a free ticket. Also, anybody at Barksdale that wants a ticket can get one for free. All of those corporate tickets are already bought and counted as attendance even if not a single person showed up for the game. That's been going on for years and not enticed many people to go. Walk-Ons is probably the best sponsor they have had, but if something as well ran as the Poinsettia Bowl folded, this game may be the final death knell for the Indy Bowl. Somehow the Indy has more lives than a cat, so I will probably be wrong about this being one of its final years.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    Horrible choice. Should be UGA vs. UCF for the national championship in some bowl game. That would have satisfied the "everyone is a champion" snowflake crowd. This matchup sucks, except LSPoo will get hammered. UCF will be playing in their annual SuperBowl, LSU will field a jr. varsity roster with everyone only concerned about the draft. Oh well, this is now the state of college football.
    Potential top 5 pick Greedy Williams not playing in the bowl. Instead he is going to (wait for it) prepare for the NFL draft. Boys and girls this will happen throughout the bowl games; not included in the play-offs.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Hard to say I blame the players. If they get injured, the teams that they have made millions for will give them a pat on the back and wish them well and send them right back to where they came from without a penny.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    Hard to say I blame the players. If they get injured, the teams that they have made millions for will give them a pat on the back and wish them well and send them right back to where they came from without a penny.
    You're right they are smart to protect themselves. But it does alter the outcomes of many games though.

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    I rode back on a jet with The Cure from Minneapolis/St. Paul once. I sat by one of them. I had no idea who they were until someone asked the guy I was sitting by for an autograph.
    -
    I sat beside Gladys Knight on a jet from Vegas to Dallas once. I didn't realize who she was until the flight attendant asked to take a photo with her. Gladys was just as nice as she could be.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by brtransplant View Post
    I sat beside Gladys Knight on a jet from Vegas to Dallas once. I didn't realize who she was until the flight attendant asked to take a photo with her. Gladys was just as nice as she could be.
    No Pips?

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by tech_dawg_fan View Post
    Unless it's changed in the four years since I left, any Willis Knighton (biggest employer in SBC area) employee that wants to go can get a free ticket. Also, anybody at Barksdale that wants a ticket can get one for free. All of those corporate tickets are already bought and counted as attendance even if not a single person showed up for the game. That's been going on for years and not enticed many people to go. Walk-Ons is probably the best sponsor they have had, but if something as well ran as the Poinsettia Bowl folded, this game may be the final death knell for the Indy Bowl. Somehow the Indy has more lives than a cat, so I will probably be wrong about this being one of its final years.
    I hear the next sponsor will be Walk-Aways...

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

My aunt sat beside Larry Bird and had no clue who he was.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

I saw Sputnik Monroe in person. If you know who he is you are SOMEBODY.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcWPRswx0fU

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Out of 6 CUSA bowl teams, not a single one is playing a bowl game in Texas?

I swear, this conference leadership is so stupid it makes me feel like the smartest guy in the room. And that ain't good.

http://conferenceusa.com/news/2018/1...-to-bowls.aspx

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Out of 6 CUSA bowl teams, not a single one is playing a bowl game in Texas?

I swear, this conference leadership is so stupid it makes me feel like the smartest guy in the room. And that ain't good.

http://conferenceusa.com/news/2018/1...-to-bowls.aspx
    I agree that she is inept, but outside of UNT who could have drawn a crowd in the metroplex? Certainly not EllAyeTech.

Quote Originally Posted by brtransplant View Post
    I hope you were in first class.

Bulldog cic is just really nicecic is just really nicecic is just really nicecic is just really nicecic is just really nicecic is just really nicecic is just really nicecic is just really nicecic is just really nicecic is just really nicecic is just really nice cic's Avatar

Yea, unfortunately wouldn't hold my breath for Tech in one of the biggies.

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    Phoenix is a great venue. Been there several times. I always wished Tech would get into the Fiesta Bowl. I’ve given up hope of that happening in my lifetime.

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    I saw Sputnik Monroe in person. If you know who he is you are SOMEBODY.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcWPRswx0fU
    Cool. I am SOMEBODY!!

+ Reply to Thread