+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018-19 Bowl Games

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Re: 2018-19 Bowl Games

Quote Originally Posted by brtransplant View Post
    I sat beside Gladys Knight on a jet from Vegas to Dallas once. I didn't realize who she was until the flight attendant asked to take a photo with her. Gladys was just as nice as she could be.
    Ok so … pardon me if I've told this story before.

My mom was a flight attendant, based out of NOLA, for roughly 30 years. She encountered more than a few celebrities in her career. Everyone from Snoop Dogg to Princess Diana. When I was in the first grade, she brought me an autograph from Linda Carter, television's Wonder Woman. Now at age six, I didn't really know what an autograph was, but I sure as heck knew that no self-respecting first grade boy has anything to do with Wonder Woman. So I threw it away.

She didn't bring me home another autograph for 10 years. My siblings got them though … every famous actor, athlete or musician flying into or out of New Orleans seemed to be on MY MOMS FLIGHT and all of them signed cocktail napkins for my baby brothers to post on their bedroom corkboards.

Finally, mom caved when I was 16. William Shatner was on her plane, and she knew I was a huge Star Wars fan. Not knowing the difference, she got me Captain Kirk's autograph, thinking he might have been Luke Skywalker, or something. I was grateful all the same, and never turned up my nose at an autograph again.

Champ LEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud of LEEDAWG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    I saw Sputnik Monroe in person. If you know who he is you are SOMEBODY.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcWPRswx0fU
    And add this to the list of reasons why I am a NOBODY.

But if the name ever comes up again, then i can BS (BE SOMEBODY).

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Out of 6 CUSA bowl teams, not a single one is playing a bowl game in Texas?

I swear, this conference leadership is so stupid it makes me feel like the smartest guy in the room. And that ain't good.

http://conferenceusa.com/news/2018/1...-to-bowls.aspx
    I looks like C-USA and ACC swapped 1st Responders (Dallas) & Gasparilla (Tampa) - Boston College ends up in Dallas & Marshall in Tampa. I'm sure they could have negotiated to get N Texas in Frisco, but that's probably like us playing the I-Bowl. Also, UNT got a decent opponent in Utah State.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post

My mom was a flight attendant, based out of NOLA, for roughly 30 years. She encountered more than a few celebrities in her career. Everyone from Snoop Dogg to Princess Diana. When I was in the first grade, she brought me an autograph from Linda Carter, television's Wonder Woman. Now at age six, I didn't really know what an autograph was, but I sure as heck knew that no self-respecting first grade boy has anything to do with Wonder Woman. So I threw it away.

She didn't bring me home another autograph for 10 years. My siblings got them though … every famous actor, athlete or musician flying into or out of New Orleans seemed to be on MY MOMS FLIGHT and all of them signed cocktail napkins for my baby brothers to post on their bedroom corkboards.

Finally, mom caved when I was 16. William Shatner was on her plane, and she knew I was a huge Star Wars fan. Not knowing the difference, she got me Captain Kirk's autograph, thinking he might have been Luke Skywalker, or something. I was grateful all the same, and never turned up my nose at an autograph again.
    I have TWO gold Bacchus doubloons thrown by Shatner. He tossed three toward us, and my two sons, dove into the pile and each came out with one. They gave them to me "for safe keeping." All these 25 years later, I still have 'em.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Nice story. My best autograph received was from Mel Ott. In case you don't know who that is, he is a baseball Hall of Famer. He was number 3 in home runs before the steroids era kicked in. He spoke at our Little League banquet. He died in a car crash a couple years after that. I had it in a drawer in my bedroom but it got thrown out by my mother on one of her cleaning sprees. She thought it was just an old useless scrap of paper.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LEEDAWG View Post
    And add this to the list of reasons why I am a NOBODY.

But if the name ever comes up again, then i can BS (BE SOMEBODY).
    Looks like we both wasted 16 seconds of our lives on that one!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    Looks like we both wasted 16 seconds of our lives on that one!
    He was the original Ric Flair.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    Nice story. My best autograph received was from Mel Ott. In case you don't know who that is, he is a baseball Hall of Famer. He was number 3 in home runs before the steroids era kicked in. He spoke at our Little League banquet. He died in a car crash a couple years after that. I had it in a drawer in my bedroom but it got thrown out by my mother on one of her cleaning sprees. She thought it was just an old useless scrap of paper.
    I have gotten a few autographs over the years. Dozens of Saints autographs. Brees, Sean Payton, Roaf, Colston, Moore.... the list goes on. But the best autograph story was meeting Barry Bonds in the lobby of an Atlanta hotel where the Giants were staying. I walk up very politely to Bonds and say something along the line of, "Mr. Bonds I am a big fan of yours and think you are one of the greatest to ever play the game. May I have your autograph?" While saying this I pass him a piece of paper and a pen. His response? "F--- off!"

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    He was the original Ric Flair.
    I once hung out with Ric Flair in the French Quarter years ago before the Sugar Bowl.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

I have gotten a few autographs over the years. Dozens of Saints autographs. Brees, Sean Payton, Roaf, Colston, Moore.... the list goes on. But the best autograph story was meeting Barry Bonds in the lobby of an Atlanta hotel where the Giants were staying. I walk up very politely to Bonds and say something along the line of, "Mr. Bonds I am a big fan of yours and think you are one of the greatest to ever play the game. May I have your autograph?" While saying this I pass him a piece of paper and a pen. His response? "F--- off!"
    Roid rage!

I know I'm hijacking this thread big time, but I have an opposite type story. I was in City of Industry, California just outside L.A., staying in a tennis/golf resort type hotel on business. It had beautiful grounds with a huge patio area. I looked out my window the morning I was about to leave for the airport and see a movie set on the patio. I inquired at the desk what was happening, and they said a scene for "Falcon Crest" (or one of those nighttime soaps of the '80's) was being filmed. I had a few minutes before I had to leave, so I walked around the corner to see what I could see. I had a suit and tie on and looked like someone other than myself, I guess, because I walked right into the filming of a scene. Cesar Romero (AKA Batman) and Kim Novak (wow!) were doing their lines. I was amazed when no one stopped me, so I walked right up to the action.

It was kinda chilly that morning and Kim Novak had a coat on, and was reading her lines off camera in the scene. Cesar Romero was at this patio table all decked out with an ascot and coat. The scene ended and Romero got up and walked right up to me, greeted me, and sat down in a director's chair beside me. Kim Novak looked at me and smiled. I almost had a coronary! I realized I better beat feet before they realized I wasn't supposed to be there.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

I once hung out with Ric Flair in the French Quarter years ago before the Sugar Bowl.
    I hung out with Flair at Cowboys in Shreveport. He was a regular.

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    I know I'm hijacking this thread big time, but I have an opposite type story. I was in City of Industry, California just outside L.A., staying in a tennis/golf resort type hotel on business. It had beautiful grounds with a huge patio area. I looked out my window the morning I was about to leave for the airport and see a movie set on the patio. I inquired at the desk what was happening, and they said a scene for "Falcon Crest" (or one of those nighttime soaps of the '80's) was being filmed. I had a few minutes before I had to leave, so I walked around the corner to see what I could see. I had a suit and tie on and looked like someone other than myself, I guess, because I walked right into the filming of a scene. Cesar Romero (AKA Batman) and Kim Novak (wow!) were doing their lines. I was amazed when no one stopped me, so I walked right up to the action.

It was kinda chilly that morning and Kim Novak had a coat on, and was reading her lines off camera in the scene. Cesar Romero was at this patio table all decked out with an ascot and coat. The scene ended and Romero got up and walked right up to me, greeted me, and sat down in a director's chair beside me. Kim Novak looked at me and smiled. I almost had a coronary! I realized I better beat feet before they realized I wasn't supposed to be there.
    Wow. That is a great memory and very cool, unusual story! Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    I hung out with Flair at Cowboys in Shreveport. He was a regular.
    That night in the Quarter, the more he drank the more he acted like "Ric Flair". It actually became quite a scene, he started the evening pretty quiet.

Champ girldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud of

Ok so … pardon me if I've told this story before. . . .

I was in a video with William Shatner in the 80's. Of course, his part was filmed in California and my part in Dallas.

+ Reply to Thread