+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Hawaii Bowl Score Prediction Bulldogs vs Rainbow Warriors

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Re: Hawaii Bowl Score Prediction Bulldogs vs Rainbow Warriors

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    UH is 3-2 in Ruston, and 5-0 out there. But, as for specifically 2001, game played in Ruston would have been a close, barn-burner. Neither side "owning" the other. Played out there....yeah, probably. We beat Rice in OT after blowing a 35-0 lead, and beat Boazy by a few points, sealing the game when their QB hit the helmet of one of his OL and it bounced in the air, a game-winning INT.

But, ya see!? Here we are talking smack with a UH fan, even after all these years later. I liked the WAC.
    Yep. I guess I gotta admit I agree with you on this. I think we would have won in RUSTON, but it would have been a battle. I think Boise got left out of a bowl that year, too.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    There are two options. I prefer we win as I don’t see how losing is beneficial in any way (despite the cognitive dissonance strategy of 967).
    With weak leadership, you may be right.

Big Dog SundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to behold SundayJam's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    Yep. I guess I gotta admit I agree with you on this. I think we would have won in RUSTON, but it would have been a battle. I think Boise got left out of a bowl that year, too.
    Fair enough...La Tech was an unknown opponent at that time. I can't say whether we'd have owned you or not. However, that year, we were the same type of team that inspired Ruston to build a doggie statue. While Techies build statues, we build bowl games. It's one legacy that has outlived the WAC.

Come. Match your Hotlz son of Holtz against the former Hawaii quarterback turned Hawaii head coach who was instrumental in creating this bowl for teams that no other bowl wanted to host. Why risk playing Hawaii when you're bound to lose anyway? Why refuse to play in Hawaii when you constantly tout your Big-Name-School sons of before coaches and your NFL spawning ground talent?!!! Show up or shut up.

GAWD!!!! When did Techies become such babies?!!! Why don't you pay us the $250k as Michigan State did and not play us? Go drink yer milk bottle or gumbo dispenser...

Big Dog SundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to behold SundayJam's Avatar

June Jones was a former quarterback at Hawaii. A few of the players in this highlight video are now coaching Hawaii. This was the team that was denied a bowl bid in 2001.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

72-45? Gawd! Basketball score....that was a bit much, even by old WAC standards. More like today's Big 12 standards.

I won't even dignify your stupid statement about the Spirit of 88 with a response. But, will say, if you're trying to be a jerk, you have succeeded.

As for this game, on 12/22/18, it's a road game. When will UH return the trip?

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    72-45? Gawd! Basketball score....that was a bit much, even by old WAC standards. More like today's Big 12 standards.

I won't even dignify your stupid statement about the Spirit of 88 with a response. But, will say, if you're trying to be a jerk, you have succeeded.

As for this game, on 12/22/18, it's a road game. When will UH return the trip?
    There's nothing stupid about it. It's about recognizing the overlooked. It's about recognizing the underdog. At that time, we stood toe to toe with the best of 'em. We didn't stand toe-to-toe with La Tech then and the Techies won the WAC. That result we'll never know. Hawaii has done its best on the road this year. The bowl and the team are not the same as yesteryear. Still, it's a bowl in which the underappreciated get a shot at prime time. I consider ESPN prime time.

Quit your whining and show come game day.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

You dug yourself into a hole, and just dug it deeper. That's okay, you have the right to be a jerk.

As for this game, it's just that, a game. A home game for UH and a road game for Tech. Further, this Holtz/Smith version is not particularly good. We are 14-11 over the past 2 seasons, with just one "quality" win, over 9-3 UNT on the road. This team has some talent, but has woefully under-achieved. If UH doesn't hold serve on its homefield, then that's on you.

As for "The Hawaii Bowl" as one of 40 bowls...well, it's like the Bahamas Bowl, nice setting, but one where most fans can't travel to. And it would be a "bowl" if two neutral site teams were involved. I feel the same way about the Mower Bowl where USF is "hosting" Marshall on its home field.

Ya know, it just struck me that you're the one whining. You can't understand why Tech Nation doesn't give a rat's azz about your personal bowl game. News flash! the rest of the nation agrees with us. For us, it serves a purpose. No one will watch it and we can slip through this second straight crappy season quietly.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Which of your concerns is alleviated by a loss?
    Still no answer from PD on this.

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    With weak leadership, you may be right.
    How would you characterize our current leadership?

My buddy PD KNOWS that losing this game won't get Skip fired (something he has already said he doesn't think Skip deserves). I suppose it could put more pressure on him to release some control of the offense, but I doubt that it will if the characterization of the relationship between Skip and Tommy is even 1/4 accurate.

So my question remains...what do we gain from a loss?

PD knows as most here do that Skip will not be fired as long as he's going bowling and winning more games than he loses. So I have to wonder if our folks here are REALLY prepared for the kind of slide that would precipitate a change in our football program. You think attendance is bad now? See what it looks like when we win 3 games in a given year.

To say our fans should be more upset if we win is tantamount to saying that we should be pissed whatever happens.

We've got to get a lot better for Skip to get hired away and we've got to get a lot worse for him to be fired. Frankly, I don't see either happening, but if I have to choose one to champion, the choice is pretty easy.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Still no answer from PD on this.

So my question remains...what do we gain from a loss?
    Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    I want to win the games we should win. If we win a very difficult road game it speaks to how bad our coach is, not how good he is.
    I never said we gained anything by losing. We don't gain anything by winning either unless this silly "first time ever" streak our HC and AD like to regurgitate is considered a gain.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

We don't gain anything if we win and attendance continues to slide and LTAC giving dips, which is very likely. Most of the people who are fed up with the direction the ship is headed aren't going to be swayed by the bowl streak continuing.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

I never said we gained anything by losing. We don't gain anything by winning either unless this silly "first time ever" streak our HC and AD like to regurgitate is considered a gain.
    Semantics. You know what you said. Can you explain why you’ll be less pissed if we lose? What’s the end game to that thinking?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Semantics. You know what you said. Can you explain why you’ll be less pissed if we lose? What’s the end game to that thinking?
    I explained. Do I need to retype it or can I cut and paste?

Are you so blinded by your loyalty to the cancer of a QB we have that you can't see that things need to be scrapped not salvaged? We won't get a new HC, but hopefully we'll get a QB who actually puts winning over his own ego.

Winning the game at Hawaii gives our goof ball HC reason to say, "This is the Rock Star I expected to see all year..." when the Rock Star who has the ability to be good has been held back by Holtz all year. Winning gives us another bad year next year...at best.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SundayJam View Post
    Fair enough...La Tech was an unknown opponent at that time. I can't say whether we'd have owned you or not. However, that year, we were the same type of team that inspired Ruston to build a doggie statue. While Techies build statues, we build bowl games. It's one legacy that has outlived the WAC.

Come. Match your Hotlz son of Holtz against the former Hawaii quarterback turned Hawaii head coach who was instrumental in creating this bowl for teams that no other bowl wanted to host. Why risk playing Hawaii when you're bound to lose anyway? Why refuse to play in Hawaii when you constantly tout your Big-Name-School sons of before coaches and your NFL spawning ground talent?!!! Show up or shut up.

GAWD!!!! When did Techies become such babies?!!! Why don't you pay us the $250k as Michigan State did and not play us? Go drink yer milk bottle or gumbo dispenser...
    I love this post. This is the kind of crap you WILL NEVER see from fans of a CUSA opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by SundayJam View Post
    There's nothing stupid about it. It's about recognizing the overlooked. It's about recognizing the underdog. At that time, we stood toe to toe with the best of 'em. We didn't stand toe-to-toe with La Tech then and the Techies won the WAC. That result we'll never know. Hawaii has done its best on the road this year. The bowl and the team are not the same as yesteryear. Still, it's a bowl in which the underappreciated get a shot at prime time. I consider ESPN prime time.

Quit your whining and show come game day.
    Maybe I missed it, so I apologize if this is a repeat: Who did Hawaii lose to (in the WAC) in 2001?

You keep bitching about LA Tech winning the WAC in 2001 instead of Hawaii. But UH must have lost some WAC games it should have won, or you wouldn't have been on the outside looking in.

BTW, I personally think LA Tech would have beaten Hawaii by 50 points in 2001, no matter where we played.

I explained. Do I need to retype it or can I cut and paste?

Are you so blinded by your loyalty to the cancer of a QB we have that you can't see that things need to be scrapped not salvaged? We won't get a new HC, but hopefully we'll get a QB who actually puts winning over his own ego.

Winning the game at Hawaii gives our goof ball HC reason to say, "This is the Rock Star I expected to see all year..." when the Rock Star who has the ability to be good has been held back by Holtz all year. Winning gives us another bad year next year...at best.
    Loyalty? I’m just looking at the facts. I know you’ve crafted quite a narrative about a kid who’s done mainly what he’s been asked to do.

Maybe if I had access to your sources I’d feel differently, but I have no reason to vilify the kid. You do that enough for all of us.

And you KNOW a loss won’t change much at the QB position. Again, you’re advocating cutting off our nose to spite Skip.

+ Reply to Thread