+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Hawaii Bowl Score Prediction Bulldogs vs Rainbow Warriors

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Re: Hawaii Bowl Score Prediction Bulldogs vs Rainbow Warriors

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    That's how confirmation bias works. It's why things like poor performance of the OL is ignored...WR drops are dismissed...the opposing parties in skirmishes validated...and all conference honorable mentions poo pooed.

If it doesn't fit the narrative, it's dismissed. If it fits the narrative, no critical interaction needed.
    Your continued dismissal of evidence not associated with coaching or talent or player behavior is the prime definition of "confirmation bias"...

Your continued dismissal of the afore mentioned traits, repetitive actions and your undervaluing of on the field and off the field (sideline) behavior is classic confirmation bias
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Your continued dismissal of evidence not associated with coaching or talent or player behavior is the prime definition of "confirmation bias"...

Your continued dismissal of the afore mentioned traits, repetitive actions and your undervaluing of on the field and off the field (sideline) behavior is classic confirmation bias
    BOOM! There's a mic drop, folks.

Johnny learned a new phrase this week --"confirmation bias"-- and Dwayne has already turned it around and slapped him upside the head with it.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post

Dismissal of coaching? Where’d you read that? Not from me.

I haven’t dismissed anything but unwarranted character attacks.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    BOOM! There's a mic drop, folks.

Johnny learned a new phrase this week --"confirmation bias"-- and Dwayne has already turned it around and slapped him upside the head with it.
    No he didn’t. And even if he had, which he didn’t, showing that I have biases doesn’t mean that he is free from bias. He attacked me but didn’t defend himself. As an old journalism guy, you should be familiar with that one...ad hominem (tu quoque).

Further, what he’s asserted about my reading of the situation does not indicate confirmation bias. It would indicate stacking the deck (a type of omission fallacy).
    Last edited by johnnylightnin; 12-15-2018 at 12:58 AM.

Big Dog b00mer1 is a glorious beacon of lightb00mer1 is a glorious beacon of lightb00mer1 is a glorious beacon of lightb00mer1 is a glorious beacon of lightb00mer1 is a glorious beacon of lightb00mer1 is a glorious beacon of lightb00mer1 is a glorious beacon of lightb00mer1 is a glorious beacon of lightb00mer1 is a glorious beacon of lightb00mer1 is a glorious beacon of lightb00mer1 is a glorious beacon of light

35-5 Rainbows. I am only watching to see Ferguson play. I hope Ferguson gets the safety with an assist by Amik

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by b00mer1 View Post
    35-5 Rainbows. I am only watching to see Ferguson play. I hope Ferguson gets the safety with an assist by Amik
    35-5???

Your prediction reeks of "confirmation bias" stoked by "omission fallacy" and done with a hint of "ad hominem"

Big Dog SundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to behold SundayJam's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by b00mer1 View Post
    So...we score a field goal and force you to give up two safeties..all the while you kick 11 field goals? Dooh...you expect us to give two safties and allow you to kick 11 field goals?!!

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by SundayJam View Post
    So...we score a field goal and force you to give up two safeties..all the while you kick 11 field goals? Dooh...you expect us to give two safties and allow you to kick 11 field goals?!!
    Say what? Is that Hawaiian math or something?

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

No, it'll be 6-35 late in the 4th. Skip will open up the offense (or Allen will come in and open it up for him, upsetting Skip), we'll score 3 TDs in 2 minutes, and then the sunshine pumpers will ride the high of functional offense all the way to next season after the 21-35 loss.

Bulldog tanuki is just really nicetanuki is just really nicetanuki is just really nicetanuki is just really nicetanuki is just really nicetanuki is just really nicetanuki is just really nicetanuki is just really nicetanuki is just really nicetanuki is just really nicetanuki is just really nice

Some of you guys are worse than Hawaii fans in dumping on your own coaches. The self trolling here is amazing. I remember when you Dawgs were proud of your team/coaches and rightfully so. You don't need Hawaii fans to troll you. You are doing that yourself. I don't know who will win but I know both teams will give it all and the game will be a good one.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tanuki View Post
    Some of you guys are worse than Hawaii fans in dumping on your own coaches. The self trolling here is amazing. I remember when you Dawgs were proud of your team/coaches and rightfully so. You don't need Hawaii fans to troll you. You are doing that yourself. I don't know who will win but I know both teams will give it all and the game will be a good one.
    Our coaches are worse than your coaches. And you'll soon see that for yourself.

Of course, our coaches are so easy to figure out we tend to make other coaches look like geniuses. So, don't get the big head after UH embarrasses us. Your coaches aren't that smart. It's just that ours are that dumb.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I still think we pull this one out. It is a bowl game, so no matter how we played during the season, this one will be a win. I am usually a sunshine pumper, but I haven't been as much the second half of this year. I watch every game and get up for every game, but always know there is a good possibility that we will lose. HOWEVER, I always believe we will win before each game. Where has that got me this year? Well.... I feel great the week leading up to each game and have an anger for a couple of days after. It was like that all season for me.

All that to say "WE WILL WIN"!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by tanuki View Post
    100% correct.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    35-5???

Your prediction reeks of "confirmation bias" stoked by "omission fallacy" and done with a hint of "ad hominem"

Big Dog b00mer1 is a glorious beacon of lightb00mer1 is a glorious beacon of lightb00mer1 is a glorious beacon of lightb00mer1 is a glorious beacon of lightb00mer1 is a glorious beacon of lightb00mer1 is a glorious beacon of lightb00mer1 is a glorious beacon of lightb00mer1 is a glorious beacon of lightb00mer1 is a glorious beacon of lightb00mer1 is a glorious beacon of lightb00mer1 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    35-5???

Huh???? Watching UNT getting their butts kicked by utah state, I am going 45-5 rainbows 🌈

+ Reply to Thread