+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bracey, Jean Pace Bulldogs in 82-68 Victory

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Bracey, Jean Pace Bulldogs in 82-68 Victory

D80 still think WBB is a relevant sport, home field advantage is worth 8-10 points in football, and Navy was actually a top 25 team because TMac and Skip kept saying it over and over and over...

Ignore him.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    D80 still think WBB is a relevant sport, home field advantage is worth 8-10 points in football, and Navy was actually a top 25 team because TMac and Skip kept saying it over and over and over...and, he's right.

Ignore him, at your own peril.

Puppy sxg023 is a jewel in the roughsxg023 is a jewel in the roughsxg023 is a jewel in the roughsxg023 is a jewel in the roughsxg023 is a jewel in the roughsxg023 is a jewel in the roughsxg023 is a jewel in the roughsxg023 is a jewel in the roughsxg023 is a jewel in the roughsxg023 is a jewel in the roughsxg023 is a jewel in the rough

In my opinion, Louisiana Tech’s programs are being guided by leaders who mistakenly believe that the most important building blocks to build a successful athletic department are wins and revenue generation. They believe if you win and generate revenue, those will drive the program higher and will lead to a larger fan base and a better game day atmosphere.

I believe that creating a great game day atmosphere and scheduling exciting opponents for home and away games are the key building blocks for a successful athletic department and that those building blocks will lead to more wins and revenue generation over the long term than our current strategy.

Using myself as an example, I will never have any interest in watching a mens basketball game against Tougaloo. I do not care if we go undefeated in OOC play for the next 50 years if that is our level of opponent. It is a game I expect to win in a blowout and I am embarrassed if we lose or play a close game. It creates no excitement for me or any other average fan or student and I will not spend time or money watching that game. Alternatively, I specifically made plans to watch our games against Witchita State and LSU. One loss and one win, but both great, fun games against opponents who got my blood flowing.

Personally, I would rather play most of our OOC games on the road and have 3-4 great OOC home games, than have extra home games against no-name competition.

In football, I have the same opinion. I would rather have 5 home games per year with 1 good OOC game than 7 games per year with 3 of them being SWAC schools or New Mexico or UMass.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    3) don't lose in early season tourneys to teams no one has ever heard of.
    Just don't lose. Period.

+ Reply to Thread