+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bracey, Jean Pace Bulldogs in 82-68 Victory

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Bracey, Jean Pace Bulldogs in 82-68 Victory

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    OK. I'll give you SFA (also on the road). They don't move the needle for me, but when you compare them to Tougaloo, Harding, and the SWAC du jour, they're alright. I just don't think we should be playing road games in Southland gyms. SFA should be a guarantee game in Ruston.
    Why?

SFA is a DIVISION I program...in hoops. There is no sub-division like there is in football. And, to boot, as a program SFA has been more successful than Louisiana Tech in hoops recently. When's the last time Tech danced? Ummm….1991 or so? We had a resurgence....of sorts....under Michael White, but still did not dance. We're back to being totally irrelevant under Konkol.

Champ Dawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant future Dawg Fan's Avatar

I generally agree about playing teams from the SWAC and Southland, but it's not only Tech. Baylor started the season playing three SWAC teams (Texas Southern, Southern, Prairie View A&M) and one Southland team (Nicholls State). They only beat Prairie View by 11 in front of 4000+ fans. Prairie View has only won 1 game all season, but has been in just about every game they have played. I think they will pull at least one upset this year - I'm just glad it wasn't against Tech. Baylor actually lost to Texas Southern 72 to 69 as have Oregon which fell 89 to 84.

No one can be overlooked.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    OK. I'll give you SFA (also on the road). They don't move the needle for me, but when you compare them to Tougaloo, Harding, and the SWAC du jour, they're alright. I just don't think we should be playing road games in Southland gyms. SFA should be a guarantee game in Ruston.
    Heck, I would play SFA home and home in the same season to avoid the crap we have now.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post
    Heck, I would play SFA home and home in the same season to avoid the crap we have now.
    & ul-l

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

Didn't we do this during the Rupp era? I think I remember us playing Northwestern, ULM and Grambling home and home in the same season for a few years. Maybe it was just Grambling. I specifically remember us barely beating them in OT at Grambling, nearly getting hosed by the refs, and then destroying them in the TAC later in the year.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by touchdown123 View Post
    Didn't we do this during the Rupp era? I think I remember us playing Northwestern, ULM and Grambling home and home in the same season for a few years. Maybe it was just Grambling. I specifically remember us barely beating them in OT at Grambling, nearly getting hosed by the refs, and then destroying them in the TAC later in the year.
    I believe so. I certainly don’t want Grambling or NSU for that matter now. But ULL, heck yeah; they are generally a Top 150 team. Replace 300 plus games with 150’s in the most economical manner. Sure seems home and homes are the way to do it and there is nothing prohibiting us from playing a non-conference opponent twice in the same year.

Looking at BlueDawg’s rankings thread again.

We have 7 home out of conference games this year.

We just played the highest ranked one on Tuesday.

Let that sink in... Prarie View, with a 1-8 record and 251 Sagarin is the highest rated team we will see in the TAC before conference play. Any wonder why there are only 600 live bodies at these games? Any wonder why they forget to turn on the stream for some of these games. The basketball attendance is just as bad as football has become, relatively speaking.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

I believe so. I certainly don’t want Grambling or NSU for that matter now. But ULL, heck yeah; they are generally a Top 150 team. Replace 300 plus games with 150’s in the most economical manner. Sure seems home and homes are the way to do it and there is nothing prohibiting us from playing a non-conference opponent twice in the same year.
    Good idea!
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Why do some of you worry about Sagarin rankings, SOS, and all of that? It doesn't matter. Tech is not getting an at-large berth. We can play a crappy schedule and rack up some meaningless wins, we could play Duke, and other top 50 ranked schools....and get pasted...so, yeah, our ranking will go up some, simply getting clobbered, but then we'll be 0-fer in OOC and won't get a sniff from the committee.

Play a couple of good opponents, like a Wichita State, some weaker "P5s", and others like SFA, and use those games to improve and get ready for the conference regular season. Then use the conference regular season as a spring board for the conference tourney. Learn other teams' strengths/weaknesses while not revealing much of ours...even if that means we lose a few along the way because of it, then surprise everyone in the conference tourney. In other words, everything about the regular season should be geared to peaking for the conference tourney.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Why do some of you worry about Sagarin rankings, SOS, and all of that? It doesn't matter. Tech is not getting an at-large berth. We can play a crappy schedule and rack up some meaningless wins, we could play Duke, and other top 50 ranked schools....and get pasted...so, yeah, our ranking will go up some, simply getting clobbered, but then we'll be 0-fer in OOC and won't get a sniff from the committee.

Play a couple of good opponents, like a Wichita State, some weaker "P5s", and others like SFA, and use those games to improve and get ready for the conference regular season. Then use the conference regular season as a spring board for the conference tourney. Learn other teams' strengths/weaknesses while not revealing much of ours...even if that means we lose a few along the way because of it, then surprise everyone in the conference tourney. In other words, everything about the regular season should be geared to peaking for the conference tourney.
    I like this better than our current strategy, which is to muddle along through the regular season then flame out in the first game or two of the tournament.

So you approve of a home out of conference schedule that maxes out with a 251 opponent? You think that prepares any team for success in the conference portion of schedule? You think that generates ANY excitement in our home fan base.

Playing a better schedule is not just for RPI and at large, although theoretically over time, it could lead to that. It is for preparing our team for success by playing teams better than Cedar Creek.

So you approve of a home out of conference schedule that maxes out with a 251 opponent? You think that prepares any team for success in the conference portion of schedule? You think that generates ANY excitement in our home fan base.

Playing a better schedule is not just for RPI and at large, although theoretically over time, it could lead to that. It is for preparing our team for success by playing teams better than Cedar Creek.
    No, I am saying it doesn't make a damn bit of difference. There are pros and cons either way....pick your poison.

It all comes down to winning the auto-bid. Tis a shame it's that way, but it's that way. So, whatever helps have the team peaking during "championship week" I'm for.

Our home OOC has always sucked. So, the best way to get around that is 1) go on the road and 2) play in those early season tourneys.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

No, I am saying it doesn't make a damn bit of difference. There are pros and cons either way....pick your poison.

It all comes down to winning the auto-bid. Tis a shame it's that way, but it's that way. So, whatever helps have the team peaking during "championship week" I'm for.

Our home OOC has always sucked. So, the best way to get around that is 1) go on the road and 2) play in those early season tourneys.
    3) don't lose in early season tourneys to teams no one has ever heard of.

There is NO WAY this shitty out of conference home schedule benefits our team in ANY way.

If we have to win the conference tourney as you rightly state, AT THIS TIME, there is still no benefit to a cream puff schedule before the conference season. You simply cannot get better playing what we are playing.

And there is no need to give up on an at large, AT SOME POINT IN THE FUTURE. But, apparently our admin and coach have, so I guess it is reasonable for some of our fans to.

Varsity Bulldog deb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    3) don't lose in early season tourneys to teams no one has ever heard of.
    Delaware = 5
    UNC Greensboro = 3

That’s the number of times those teams have been to the NCAA tournament since Tech last went in 91. I have no problem playing Delaware or UNCG but we need to beat them or at least get one win. Disappointed in how that tournament played out but hopefully it will get us ready for the CUSA tournament.

+ Reply to Thread