+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Article: HC speaks on QB1 Performance

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Article: HC speaks on QB1 Performance

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    I hope you’re joking about the $300K?
    I think he meant salary plus a bowl win bonus. $25K I think.

Big Dog Rama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant future Rama Jama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    I hope you’re joking about the $300K?
    Seems I remember if HC gets 8 wins there is a financial bonus? Not sure it is specifically tied to the bowl game. Contract, anyone?

I am just as frustrated with QB1 performance/lack of leadership/attitude as anyone, and also frustrated with play calling. But it seems to me one of Skip's traits is he never throws a player under the bus, rarely criticizes a single player. I agree with this mindset because you don't want a potential recruit and/or that recruit's parents seeing a coach slamming a player to the media. Practice is free range; light 'em up at practice. But not around cameras. I remember this trait in Skip was a big factor in Driskell coming to Tech. And I would take a fresh, new Driskell every single year.

And, speculation here, but I still go back to the comment made by QB1's father/stepfather after UAB when he said that Tech would be getting another QB this year or for sure next year. Is it possible that HC knows that QB1 is leaving and so he feels free to speak openly? Is this connected to Bleed Tech Blue posting about Tech being close to signing a P5 grad transfer? Again, speculation, but I was glad to see Skip talking about THE issue with the offense. Talking about it is the first step to correcting it.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Jeff Driskel made up his mind to come to Tech after he saw how Holtz handled Sokol when he threw a pick in the CCG vs. Marshall.

+ Reply to Thread