+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Help Fund the Wall

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Help Fund the Wall

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    Seems they've hit a snag.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdny/pr...reds-thousands

Inspector-in-Charge Philip R. Bartlett said: “The defendants allegedly engaged in fraud when they misrepresented the true use of donated funds. As alleged, not only did they lie to donors, they schemed to hide their misappropriation of funds by creating sham invoices and accounts to launder donations and cover up their crimes, showing no regard for the law or the truth. This case should serve as a warning to other fraudsters that no one is above the law, not even a disabled war veteran or a millionaire political strategist.”
    [Heavy sigh]... don't folks watch that show American Greed? Eventually everyone not named The Klintons gets caught in fraud schemes. In this case, it is doubly disappointing because it is such a noble cause.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder when they'll investigate BLM. BLM has been donated over 250,000,000 by several movie stars and corporations. Do you think some of that money may be used to pay thugs to beat up people and burn down stores and government buildings?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    I wonder when they'll investigate BLM. BLM has been donated over 250,000,000 by several movie stars and corporations. Do you think some of that money may be used to pay thugs to beat up people and burn down stores and government buildings?
    YES!

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

What does that have to do with Bannon stealing from (mostly) seniors on fixed incomes? And, if you think this is the only example of right wing “cause” fraud, you’re mistaken. Take a look at the books over at the NRA.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    What does that have to do with Bannon stealing from (mostly) seniors on fixed incomes? And, if you think this is the only example of right wing “cause” fraud, you’re mistaken. Take a look at the books over at the NRA.
    Why would Bannon need to steal when his net worth is around 50 million.https://www.forbes.com/sites/maddieb.../#92237771f59c This is all about going after Trump. It's the same DA that wants his tax records. You know the Trump haters are really getting desperate when they go after a veteran triple amputee, Brian Kolfage. I wonder if they sent out 29 FBI agents with AR-15s when they arrested him. Afterall, he could have made a run in his wheelchair.

Does that mean you approve of the BLM financing terrorists? I hope they show up at your house. They probably won't because they know you're a liberal Trump hater.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Why would Bannon need to steal when his net worth is around 50 million. This is all about going after Trump. It's the same DA that wants his tax records. You know the Trump haters are really getting desperate when they go after a veteran triple amputee. I wonder if they sent out 29 FBI agents with AR-15s when they arrested him. Afterall, he could have made a run in his wheelchair.
    I think he got arrested by the mail police.

Not "male" necessarily, but "mail."

You really think this guy didn't steal anything because he's rich? Therefore, innocent?

Feels like we might want to weigh the evidence a little bit more before we decide that. Obviously, he's innocent until proven guilty, but the indictment looks pretty bad.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Does that mean you approve of the BLM financing terrorists? I hope they show up at your house.
    This is a bizarre train of thought.

A: Look at this great project for a cause I believe in politically.
    B: Hey, they arrested some people for fraud that were running this thing, it looks like they were ripping people off.
    A: I wonder when they'll go after this completely unrelated group that I disagree with politically and think are breaking laws.
    B: What does that have to do with it?
    A: Does that mean you support criminal activity?

Don, this is really "I know you are but what am I" kind of reasoning. You're making huge (and odd) jumps in conclusions here.

It's ok to be critical of bad behavior on your own side of the political aisle. If these guys were committing fraud, that's a bad thing. Full stop. If you don't think they were committing fraud, that's a fair point to make (and try to support).

I think he got arrested by the mail police.

Not "male" necessarily, but "mail."

You really think this guy didn't steal anything because he's rich? Therefore, innocent?

Feels like we might want to weigh the evidence a little bit more before we decide that. Obviously, he's innocent until proven guilty, but the indictment looks pretty bad.
    Nobody will be convicted out of this . This is all about going after Trump 2 months before the election. Nothing but dirty politics by the marxist democrats.

This is a bizarre train of thought.

A: Look at this great project for a cause I believe in politically.
    B: Hey, they arrested some people for fraud that were running this thing, it looks like they were ripping people off.
    A: I wonder when they'll go after this completely unrelated group that I disagree with politically and think are breaking laws.
    B: What does that have to do with it?
    A: Does that mean you support criminal activity?

Don, this is really "I know you are but what am I" kind of reasoning. You're making huge (and odd) jumps in conclusions here.

It's ok to be critical of bad behavior on your own side of the political aisle. If these guys were committing fraud, that's a bad thing. Full stop. If you don't think they were committing fraud, that's a fair point to make (and try to support).
    This is nothing but Trump haters trying to take down a president whose policies they don't like. They've tried to impeach him 3 times and they're getting desperate. They'll probably come up with something else before the election. They're getting desperate because they know they can't beat him at the polls with a crooked politician like Biden.

Nobody will be convicted out of this . This is all about going after Trump 2 months before the election. Nothing but dirty politics by the marxist democrats.
    I guess we'll see. Certainly these guys will be able to afford good lawyers.

But is it wise to just automatically assume any Trump supporter accused of wrong-doing is simply being arrested for political reasons and just wave it away as dirty politics? Wouldn't that theoretically give Trump supporters free reign to actually commit a crime (you can't really think that no Trump supporter ever breaks the rules)?

I just feel like we probably ought to examine the evidence as best we can in every case regardless of the politics of the accused or the DA.

And again, he was arrested by the mail cops - their agency is run by a Trump guy. Surely he wouldn't sign off on a baseless arrest.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    [Heavy sigh]... don't folks watch that show American Greed? Eventually everyone not named The Klintons gets caught in fraud schemes. In this case, it is doubly disappointing because it is such a noble cause.
    I'm staying at this point, until such time more evidence comes out. Obviously I don't KNOW, and neither does anyone else on this forum, what is true, what is not. Yes!!! it is VERY plausible this is nothing but another hit job aimed at Trump via Bannon. We KNOW for a fact the "other side" concocted false narratives to go after Page, Flynn, and Stone and that is what makes this possible too. But, it is also possible Bannon is a greedy bastard and saw an opportunity to make a few buck$. If the latter is true, as I said, then I am really pissed about it! Every dime of that money should have gone to build the wall.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

+ Reply to Thread