+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast

Thread: 12/22: Hawai'i Bowl Game Thread

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Re: 12/22: Hawai'i Bowl Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Yes, this was a great win tonight. But it was also a stark reminder of what "could of been" during this past season. No doubt this team was much better than the 8 wins it posted. I'd love to have the losses against WKU & USM back.
    Definitely bittersweet

Big Dog BCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by mildawg View Post
    Like a Trojan horse... We just use the regular season to set up our 7-5 or 8-4 opponent in the Kotex Maxi Pad Bowl in Kalamazoo. Then we attack!
    I have tears in my eyes...Kotex Maxi Pad Bowl in Kalamazoo!!!

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Wow-I knew not to bet against Skip in a bowl game, but I was shocked at the defense and the scoring in the second half. WTG Bulldogs! It was quite an entertaining game!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    Wow-I knew not to bet against Skip in a bowl game, but I was shocked at the defense and the scoring in the second half. WTG Bulldogs! It was quite an entertaining game!
    The under was the bet of the day. It was 62! Vegas had the line very close to begin with and then the money went on us. I thought that was amazing until I saw Hawaii's QBs and defense. Vegas knew.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Yes, this was a great win tonight. But it was also a stark reminder of what "could of been" during this past season. No doubt this team was much better than the 8 wins it posted. I'd love to have the losses against WKU & USM back.
    With a few exceptions we ran the same two plays last night that we've run for 95% of all called run plays in conference games - the run/option give and the straight hand off out of the pistol formation. Had our offense schemes and gameplans throughout the season looked a little more like the rest of winning college football this season might look a lot different right now.

What we tried to do worked at times this year, but at other times it failed miserably. Even in games against teams like UTEP, WKU, and Rice we've seen defenses literally call out our plays at the line of scrimmage. WKU walked into Ruston with a dead coaching staff walking and yet their defense was convinced they could shut our offense down. And they were right.

We could have taken an enormous amount of pressure off of our passing game and our offensive line all season by having a more diverse run game.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    With a few exceptions we ran the same two plays last night that we've run for 95% of all called run plays in conference games - the run/option give and the straight hand off out of the pistol formation. Had our offense schemes and gameplans throughout the season looked a little more like the rest of winning college football this season might look a lot different right now.

What we tried to do worked at times this year, but at other times it failed miserably. Even in games against teams like UTEP, WKU, and Rice we've seen defenses literally call out our plays at the line of scrimmage. WKU walked into Ruston with a dead coaching staff walking and yet their defense was convinced they could shut our offense down. And they were right.

We could have taken an enormous amount of pressure off of our passing game and our offensive line all season by having a more diverse run game.
    It's Tim Rattay's fault.

Big Dog b00mer1 is a glorious beacon of lightb00mer1 is a glorious beacon of lightb00mer1 is a glorious beacon of lightb00mer1 is a glorious beacon of lightb00mer1 is a glorious beacon of lightb00mer1 is a glorious beacon of lightb00mer1 is a glorious beacon of lightb00mer1 is a glorious beacon of lightb00mer1 is a glorious beacon of lightb00mer1 is a glorious beacon of lightb00mer1 is a glorious beacon of light

Why didn’t we play this way against western Kentucky???? I really want to know. Jmar actually ran the ball! Skippy got his bonus so it’s all good

Big Dog b00mer1 is a glorious beacon of lightb00mer1 is a glorious beacon of lightb00mer1 is a glorious beacon of lightb00mer1 is a glorious beacon of lightb00mer1 is a glorious beacon of lightb00mer1 is a glorious beacon of lightb00mer1 is a glorious beacon of lightb00mer1 is a glorious beacon of lightb00mer1 is a glorious beacon of lightb00mer1 is a glorious beacon of lightb00mer1 is a glorious beacon of light

Why didn’t we play this way against western Kentucky???? I really want to know. Jmar actually ran the ball! Skippy got his bonus so it’s all good

Champ girldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud of

Press Conference with Skip and Jaylon
    http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2018/12...aise-warriors/

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by b00mer1 View Post
    It was our wtf game this year. Lost to USM the week before. Game didn't matter for conference. Already bowling. 22 people in the stadium to cheer them on. Expected an easy game. WKU wasn't as bad as their record. No Dancy, Veal, or Bonnette. All excuses but, but we should have seen it coming in retrospect.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    The under was the bet of the day. It was 62! Vegas had the line very close to begin with and then the money went on us. I thought that was amazing until I saw Hawaii's QBs and defense. Vegas knew.
    Vegas also found out that Ursua wasn't going to play for Hawai'i. Nothing else would have moved the line as much as it did yesterday.

But the Hawai'i radio announcers admitted than even having Ursua would not have been enough to change the outcome.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Pretty harsh write up by their local paper.

Louisiana Tech embarrasses Hawaii in Hawaii Bowl | Star Advertizer
    http://www.staradvertiser.com/2018/1...n-hawaii-bowl/

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post

Read those comments? Sheesh! UH needs a D65 to pump that sunshine...of which there is plenty in Hawaii.

Speaking of which...of whom...where is old D65? He should be here with a bunch of "told ya so's"

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    It was our wtf game this year. Lost to USM the week before. Game didn't matter for conference. Already bowling. 22 people in the stadium to cheer them on. Expected an easy game. WKU wasn't as bad as their record. No Dancy, Veal, or Bonnette. All excuses but, but we should have seen it coming in retrospect.
    Several us did see it.

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post

I can’t read it. I keep winning a phone.

+ Reply to Thread