+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Coaching Changes Needed

Big Dog tech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to all

Re: Coaching Changes Needed

Or maybe he is respecting his players privacy, we are not entitled to know everything and some things cannot be disclosed because of laws. To blindly attack without first hand knowledge is not something that should be done .

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tech70 View Post
    Or maybe he is respecting his players privacy, we are not entitled to know everything and some things cannot be disclosed because of laws. To blindly attack without first hand knowledge is not something that should be done .
    Who attacked blindly? Did #1 catch the bus? Was he in Hawaii? Why didn't he play?

You know what happened. Stop acting like you are privileged to know but other fans are not.

Why was our best OLine guy not there?

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    I mean he's a game manager, not a Johnny Manziel kind of player. If a team takes away our run game and forces J'Mar to beat us by himself, we are in trouble. That's not who he is. He's perfectly capable of winning a bunch of games in a balanced (run and pass) offense though.
    I hate the term game manager. The QB has to be a game manager. Every QB that can move the ball down the field and get 6 is a game manager. If you can’t do that, you just suck.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    I understand that many folks want immediate gratification.
    labg

Big Dog Rama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant future Rama Jama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    Holtz called the plays with Sokol, Driskel, and Higgins right? Isn't that why Peterson left? We don't have a premier running back or a consistent quarterback. I certainly understand why Holtz didn't bring in a grad transfer after Driskel left or even Jmar's first year as starter. He should have landed McMillan or young Driskel or someone for this year but I guess he was thinking Jmar's grasp of the scheme and another year of maturity would be enough. It wasn't. It's not like he doesn't show flashes of making plays and he is sometimes confidently competitive. You simply can't bottle up the bowl game J'mar.

Now, I have seen coaches trade bad for worse at Quarterback (see LSU) and I'm sure Holtz has too. I'm also convinced neither Griffin or Allen were the answer. Some say Abraham would have been but I thought J'mar looked better than him head-to-head (he didn't win that game for Southern Miss nor did Smith lose the game for LaTech). Anyway, this wasn't the season to attempt a quarterback carousel at LaTech.

I think we would be well served by bringing in a transfer this off season. Search high and low. If J'mar wins the first start, he needs someone breathing down his neck.
    Bingo. Been saying this too; same coach for Sokol, Driskel, Higgins as JMar. I think what's at fault here is Skip's longsuffering patience, with JMar in this case.

Here in the offseason, (being a sunshine pumper) I am optimistic that enough QBs, QBs parents/influencers, see that Tech needs a QB and we will get a quality transfer. With Driskel now starting in the NFL, and knowing his path from Florida to Tech to NFL, this should show promising QBs that going to Tech gives one a good shot at the NFL. PLUS, a talented transfer in will give Skip an out for benching JMar, something like "you've had two years to prove yourself" along the lines of what he said to the News Star reporter pre-game Hawaii. I mean Skip having coached Driskel, Higgins, Sokol knows that In-Game JMar is nowhere close to those three.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

I’m hijacking this thread because I didn’t see a coaching carousel thread (I didn’t look that long).

Neal Brown to WVU.

If we do can Fitch (I doubt we will, but who knows), Larry Fedora is currently unemployed according to Wikipedia.

+ Reply to Thread