+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Coaching Changes Needed

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: Coaching Changes Needed

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    These two need to be changed asap, but when it happens we are likely to have them replaced with more old friends of Holtz who are part of the coaching establishment.

https://latechsports.com/coaches.asp...&path=football

https://latechsports.com/coaches.asp...&path=football

If Holtz does not make changes in this staff he is saying that what we saw this year is as good as we can do. Also, look for Blake Baker to be hired away soon and for Holtz to become more involved in the defense again.

We need a REAL Offensive Coordinator (OC). I've said this for 2 years. Todd Fitch was unsuccessful as an offensive coordinator at Boston College and at USF before coming to LA Tech. I was shocked that we even hired Fitch. Fitch’s offense at Boston College was ranked # 125 out of 127 FBS schools in 2015. Does that sound like someone we should have hired?

I think Holtz hired Fitch simply because they were old friends. Fitch was so bad as OC, Boston College head coach Steve Addazio announced in mid-January 2016 that he had already hired Scott Loeffler as his new OC, effectively demoting Fitch back to receiver’s coach. Three weeks later, Fitch headed to LA Tech as OC for Holtz. Here are a couple of links to the Fitch story and stats:

https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/2016/team/21/p3

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsport...as-latechs-oc/

This year, Louisiana Tech's offense was ranked # 89 (out of 129 FBS schools). That's not good enough.

https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/21/p2

Like many of you, I’ve heard rumors that Fitch --despite his OC title here at Tech-- doesn’t really call the plays, and that Holtz does. Well, it's time to quit “winging it”. offensively. Why can’t we do it like the big boys? LA Tech deserves a FULL-TIME OC that calls our plays, just like the big boys do. Please hire us a real OC now.

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Why can’t we do it like the big boys? LA Tech deserves a FULL-TIME OC that calls our plays, just like the big boys do. Please hire us a real OC now.
    Some of the big boy coaches call their own plays. I don't think it has to do with money, but control.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    it’s amazing how many folks are willing to throw Rattay under the bus.
    It's amazing how many folks are afraid to question him.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    Some of the big boy coaches call their own plays. I don't think it has to do with money, but control.
    ...and exactly how long do the big boy coaches stay employed with a #89 ranked offense, that bores their fans to tears and runs fans off?

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    It's amazing how many folks are afraid to question him.
    I’m not afraid to question Rattay. But our micro-managing control freak head coach called Smith a Rock Star early on, so call me a little skeptical of blaming a guy that I know for a fact knows how to play QB. Meanwhile, Holtz hired his buddy, a yes man OC, in name only, who was fired from his previous job. So Holtz’s credibility is not real high in my book.

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Greg View Post
    The TV guy for the bowl game said the overthrows were mechanics...which goes back to QB coaching.
    SG, Rattay can't go on the field and throw the ball for the kid. If he can make the plays and throws in practice, as Holtz said recently, but gets on the field in a game and struggles.....that's not on the QB coach.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    We need a REAL Offensive Coordinator (OC). I've said this for 2 years. Todd Fitch was unsuccessful as an offensive coordinator at Boston College and at USF before coming to LA Tech. I was shocked that we even hired Fitch. Fitch’s offense at Boston College was ranked # 125 out of 127 FBS schools in 2015. Does that sound like someone we should have hired?

I think Holtz hired Fitch simply because they were old friends. Fitch was so bad as OC, Boston College head coach Steve Addazio announced in mid-January 2016 that he had already hired Scott Loeffler as his new OC, effectively demoting Fitch back to receiver’s coach. Three weeks later, Fitch headed to LA Tech as OC for Holtz. Here are a couple of links to the Fitch story and stats:

https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/2016/team/21/p3

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsport...as-latechs-oc/

This year, Louisiana Tech's offense was ranked # 89 (out of 129 FBS schools). That's not good enough.

https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/21/p2

[/FONT]Like many of you, I’ve heard rumors that Fitch --despite his OC title here at Tech-- doesn’t really call the plays, and that Holtz does. Well, it's time to quit “winging it”. offensively. Why can’t we do it like the big boys? LA Tech deserves a FULL-TIME OC that calls our plays, just like the big boys do. Please hire us a real OC now.
    I agree with HD.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

I assume Fitch role is to design and implement the plays including our comical execution of the trick plays.

Big Dog LTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the rough LTUIronDawg's Avatar

I've been hearing that Ruston High wants Rattay. Not that it matters.

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LTUIronDawg View Post
    I've been hearing that Ruston High wants Rattay. Not that it matters.
    Not sure if this is a joke, but would he leave to be a head coach at a HS with college and semi-pro coaching experience because he thinks it’ll fast-track his career goal? This man needs to be our OC. Immediately

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

If he feels holtz is holding him back out of fear for him taking his job then I wouldn’t be surprised. Honestly, I think we are lucky to have held onto him as long as we have. When we hired him, I thought he would be hired away quick. I bet he did too.

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Rattay has found himself in the same boat Hines was in.

Comes back to Ruston, shows patience and loyalty then gets passed over cause he doesn’t have enough outside experience.

My gut tell me it’s time to elevate Tim to oc and can Fitch.

I would be fine with Tim taking over for Holtz sooner or later.

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Rattay for Offensive Coordinator and free rein to call plays!

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tenacious_dog View Post
    Rattay for Offensive Coordinator and free rein to call plays!
    And there’s the rub. If Skip isn’t going to let them BE the OC it doesn’t matter who has the title.
    Good old Memorial Gym

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    I'm not throwing Fitch under the bus because of our QB. Our offense is horrible. I know our HC is not taking the blame so logic says it is the OC.
    Huh? You believe the HC is to blame, but he won't accept it, so LOGIC says to fire the OC? That doesn't sound like logic at all. As 77 has said, what difference will a new OC make if he can't run things as he sees fit?
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

+ Reply to Thread