11 15.49%
  • D

38 53.52%
  • F

16 22.54%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AD Tommy McClelland's BBB Report Card

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Re: AD Tommy McClelland's BBB Report Card

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    Something I find quite interesting. Of all the people I know who follow Tech to some degree, most all of them have a mostly positive outlook on Tech athletics. They will bring up the consecutive bowl wins, playing LSU a close game, etc as reasons why they feel we are headed in the right direction. It's crazy to me how most all of our athletic programs are under-achieving at best, or flat out horrible at worst, and yet most people I know think we are A OK. T Mac must have the easiest and least stressful job in the nation.
    Many casual fans only see the winning records in football, men's basketball, and baseball without much awareness of the circumstances behind those records. And then many fans in Ruston are content with the fact that Tech is ahead of ULM and UL-Lafayette from a perception and competitive standpoint.

The further you get away from Ruston the more critical our alumni base becomes.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I suppose the three idiots who gave TMAC an "A" are just trolls, probably from one of the ULX's.
    No - some are afraid of access/info being cut from the programs

The audited numbers are always the tell-tale in all aspects of business - and college athletics is a business and our numbers are not adding up to reported information
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

So....over 75% of the people who voted in this poll gave T-Mac a "D" (52.83%) or "F" (22.64%) grade.

The score would probably be worse, but let's face it.....most common folks don't want to assign anyone an "F" unless the AD violated an NCAA rule or something similar. Obviously, T-Mac has some work to do in the area of popularity.

Big Dog sharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nice

When he was lured away from McNeese wasn't his strong suit alleged to be fund raising? When he came the Davison Athletic Complex was under construction, but still needing to attract funds to fully pay for the facility. Apparently he accomplished that task. I am proud of this facility because it by far benefits the football players and coaches.

TMac's next major fund raising challenge was the press box renovation. This required a massive sum of around $22-million. It is built so I assume he met the challenge. Please be reminded that this massive expenditure did little or nothing to improve the game-day experience of anyone in the stadium except those who are fortunate enough to sit in the press box facility. So, perhaps our AD is doing exactly what the movers and shakers expect and nothing else matters.

I do know this, President Guice and AD Tommy Mac, and all their predecessors have failed miserably to meet the challenge of making our athletic venues accessible to the handicapped fans. They can't seem to accomplish the simple task of preventing fans wiithout handicapped parking permits from parking in the handicapped lot at the TAC for basketball games. The lack of handicapped parking and seating at football and baseball games is so dire or nonexistent it is fruitless to even try to discuss. There is virtually nothing to talk about.

Good administrators do the big things well. Great administrators also do the little things well.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    When he was lured away from McNeese wasn't his strong suit alleged to be fund raising? When he came the Davison Athletic Complex was under construction, but still needing to attract funds to fully pay for the facility. Apparently he accomplished that task. I am proud of this facility because it by far benefits the football players and coaches.

TMac's next major fund raising challenge was the press box renovation. This required a massive sum of around $22-million. It is built so I assume he met the challenge. Please be reminded that this massive expenditure did little or nothing to improve the game-day experience of anyone in the stadium except those who are fortunate enough to sit in the press box facility. So, perhaps our AD is doing exactly what the movers and shakers expect and nothing else matters.

I do know this, President Guice and AD Tommy Mac, and all their predecessors have failed miserably to meet the challenge of making our athletic venues accessible to the handicapped fans. They can't seem to accomplish the simple task of preventing fans wiithout handicapped parking permits from parking in the handicapped lot at the TAC for basketball games. The lack of handicapped parking and seating at football and baseball games is so dire or nonexistent it is fruitless to even try to discuss. There is virtually nothing to talk about.

Good administrators do the big things well. Great administrators also do the little things well.
    This guy brought the big money in, not our AD.

https://www.latech.edu/2015/11/18/br...ent-as-new-vp/

For evidence of how our AD does at fund raising, see LTAC's history over the past few years.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    This guy brought the big money in, not our AD.

https://www.latech.edu/2015/11/18/br...ent-as-new-vp/

For evidence of how our AD does at fund raising, see LTAC's history over the past few years.
    Those numbers don’t seem to be easily found. Can you shed some sunshine?

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    So....over 75% of the people who voted in this poll gave T-Mac a "D" (52.83%) or "F" (22.64%) grade.

The score would probably be worse, but let's face it.....most common folks don't want to assign anyone an "F" unless the AD violated an NCAA rule or something similar. Obviously, T-Mac has some work to do in the area of popularity.
    I think I voted D for this reason. F to me would be someone who either violated a moral or NCAA law or who openly hated Tech.

I think Tommy is probably a nice guy but terrible at this job.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Nobody except those who work for TMac thinks he’s doing a great job.

Terrible contract decisions.
    Terrible game day decisions.
    Terrible ticket structure decisions.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

What I really judge him on is attendance. Our crowd looks embarrassingly small especially having winning seasons and 5 bowl wins under our belt. He's been here how long? If he's doing a great job, we shouldn't see those eye cringing 7k crowds.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post
    Those numbers don’t seem to be easily found. Can you shed some sunshine?
    The LTAC shell game number began in year 2 of his tenure. Money flowing through LTAC to fund SEZ was one way he increased the giving numbers. Something else that skewed the numbers in the beginning was changing the fiscal year for LTAC giving. The only way outside of a PIR to calculate the numbers is to add up the total in each category of giving. If you give credit for each listed member giving the most possible in their particular giving range the numbers (both money and head count) is down from his 2nd year.

Varsity Bulldog Exes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post

Not taking either side on this but the $18 mil to build the SEZ, about $9mil from students fee and $9mil donations, were already in hand. T Mac was on board raising any additional amounts such as furnishings, etc. so he gets no credit other than the suplimental amount. The pressbox facility was built with a $11,000,000 loan from the university foundation. He did not raise that money, it is simply a loan and has to be repaid.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Exes&Ohs View Post
    Not taking either side on this but the $18 mil to build the SEZ, about $9mil from students fee and $9mil donations, were already in hand. T Mac was on board raising any additional amounts such as furnishings, etc. so he gets no credit other than the suplimental amount. The pressbox facility was built with a $11,000,000 loan from the university foundation. He did not raise that money, it is simply a loan and has to be repaid.
    So, what has he done as Athletic Director?

Champ Dowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond repute Dowty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    So, what has he done as Athletic Director?
    List of TMac's accomplishments:

All I could come up with.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dowty View Post
    List of TMac's accomplishments:

All I could come up with.
    Where did you find this list? I wasn't able to find anything nearly this long.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Another "A"? No B's yet.

I gave him an F. The reason I gave him that grade is because F- was not one of the choices.

+ Reply to Thread