+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 12/29 MBB vs. USM

Champ rockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond repute

Re: 12/29 MBB vs. USM

After the first few minutes, we controlled the game. They made a run or two. We shut it down. Good game for us. I really wish we had Christon and Jean though. We could’ve been a surprise for the league. Great win though. 11-3!

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

For a small crowd it was really into the game & vocal.

I like this team. They play with more enthusiasm than we've seen in a couple of years.

Bulldog Dawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the rough Dawg-n-Pony's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rockdog View Post
    After the first few minutes, we controlled the game. They made a run or two. We shut it down. Good game for us. I really wish we had Christon and Jean though. We could’ve been a surprise for the league. Great win though. 11-3!
    Health over anything. With that said, I dont know if theyd be better with Jean and Christon. Jean and Christon are good players, but it seems Konkol is MUCH more settled not having to worry about rotations and player satisfaction, etc. And the kids are MUCH more settled not looking over their shoulder after every miss/mistake for their sub. the confidence of knowing youre going to be on the court for extended periods. It does wonders for your passing, chemistry, etc.

Plus, Pemberton is a winner! #DFWplug

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-n-Pony View Post
    Health over anything. With that said, I dont know if theyd be better with Jean and Christon. Jean and Christon are good players, but it seems Konkol is MUCH more settled not having to worry about rotations and player satisfaction, etc. And the kids are MUCH more settled not looking over their shoulder after every miss/mistake for their sub. the confidence of knowing youre going to be on the court for extended periods. It does wonders for your passing, chemistry, etc.

Plus, Pemberton is a winner! #DFWplug
    I think Christon would make a substantial difference with his offense and rebounding. He's a slasher that can knock down a perimeter shot. I completely understand what you're saying about the rotations and player satisfaction. To me, he could fit in because Langston doesn't quite have what he could add.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    I think Christon would make a substantial difference with his offense and rebounding. He's a slasher that can knock down a perimeter shot. I completely understand what you're saying about the rotations and player satisfaction. To me, he could fit in because Langston doesn't quite have what he could add.
    So....for those of us who DON'T live in north Louisiana and get the local fish wrapper, what's the current status of Jean and Christon? I know Christon had an issue with his heart or something.....is he done for the year? Career? And what about Jean? Seems like he's hurt a lot. What's the status of his return?

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    So....for those of us who DON'T live in north Louisiana and get the local fish wrapper, what's the current status of Jean and Christon? I know Christon had an issue with his heart or something.....is he done for the year? Career? And what about Jean? Seems like he's hurt a lot. What's the status of his return?
    I heard Christon had a serious health episode during practice. They are extremely cautious in terms of clearing him but he seems to feel ok. I imagine it would be a risk/liability concern. He's got a great attitude and I'd imagine he wants to play but must be monitored for a while before he's cleared.

I don't know anything about Jean's status except he has a lingering leg injury that won't seem to heal.

That said, Pemberton has really made the best of the situation. He gets better every game. Konkol really deserves some credit for the quality depth he's developed. Mo is another player who is making a significant contribution.

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

That said, Pemberton has really made the best of the situation. He gets better every game. Konkol really deserves some credit for the quality depth he's developed. Mo is another player who is making a significant contribution.
    Great job coach!! Now keep winning!

Happy for Pemberton. In this era of college basketball most in his shoes would have transferred. He stuck it out and is playing very well in his third year.

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

Yea Pemberton is the story of the season right now imo. Dude was irrelevant last season, especially after Harris left the team. Pemberton had transfer written all over him. Good for him for coming back and sticking it out.

Bulldog Dawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the rough Dawg-n-Pony's Avatar

Definitely agree if you could just switch the two. But if you have to take 25-30 minutes from BAPs (Bracey, Amorie, Pemberton) to give to Christon...I think you lose just as much, if not more, than you gain. I could be wrong, and the competition level is not equivalent, but since the injuries happened this is the best Ive seen LT play since he became coach...and its not his most talented roster. (I dont count the 1st year, because that was still White's bunch/influence.)

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-n-Pony View Post
    Definitely agree if you could just switch the two. But if you have to take 25-30 minutes from BAPs (Bracey, Amorie, Pemberton) to give to Christon...I think you lose just as much, if not more, than you gain. I could be wrong, and the competition level is not equivalent, but since the injuries happened this is the best Ive seen LT play since he became coach...and its not his most talented roster. (I dont count the 1st year, because that was still White's bunch/influence.)
    I'm thinking of Langston primarily (he played 23 minutes against USM). Then, it could create more of a set rotation with Bracey and Archibald. They are both playing heavy minutes right now. I wouldn't necessarily change the starting lineup but there is definitely 20 minutes a game for Christon. His length also enables him to cover a wider range of players.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

That's really good to hear about Pemberton. Thanks!

But still, nobody is commenting on Jean's injury. Is it a knee? An ankle? What is it? And when is Jean expected to return?

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

I'll tell you what, Langston surprised me at the USM game. He provided quality minutes and looked like he belonged on the court. No he's not Christon, but for the amount of time he's played he's improving rapidly. When you lose guys like Jean & Christon you need people to step up. Langston has.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    That's really good to hear about Pemberton. Thanks!

But still, nobody is commenting on Jean's injury. Is it a knee? An ankle? What is it? And when is Jean expected to return?
    Jean had surgery last year and has a rod permanently placed in his foot. Apparently something isn’t quite right because he still has pain issues.

Im very happy for JP. Kid is one of the toughest competitors to come out of DFW the last 5 years. it was hard to watch him suffer at the end of the bench when we all felt he should be playing more. He's a winner. Its not always pretty, and you cant always quantify how he does it, but EVERY team he plays for wins....a lot.

Kudos to the staff. They made a business decision at the end of last year to sacrifice Jylan Washington's minutes for Pemberton because I think they saw the xfer writing on the wall too.

+ Reply to Thread