+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Redemption for CUSA?

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

Re: Redemption for CUSA?

The only two bowl games that actually have a damn thing riding on them are the two semi final games played each year. There's no more riding on the outcomes of any of the New Year's Day bowl games as there was on the Aloha Bowl. Hell, I hope a few more bowl games get added so no 6 win team ever has to sit at home during bowl season. Why any Tech fan would want fewer bowls is beyond me.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brtransplant View Post
    Why any Tech fan would want fewer bowls is beyond me.
    Because it's cool to be on that side of the discussion. They also don't remember what it was like to sit home with over 6 wins.

Bowl games don't mean what they meant 20 years ago, but TV and college football have changed.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by olddog75 View Post
    Yep, everyone has learned that the CUSA is a conference to be reckoned with. A power-house of the also-rans.
    Before you know it some knucklehead on here will be calling us a Power 7 conference.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post
    Conference USA wins the Bowl Challenge Cup as the only conference that wins more than 60% of its bowl games.

They don't ask how. They ask how many.
    Yes indeed!!!! At least it's a step in the right direction.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

In the sports section of the San Antonio Express News every day since the Hawaii bowl in large letters, La Tech 31 Hawaii 14 along with the results of all the other bowl games. In the regular season the score of the Tech game may or may not be found in small type along with every other game that weekend. The consternation of the UTSA people and the recognition of alum of every other school in Texas who live in or around San Antonio is significant. I attended a New Years day thing with alum from OK State, Arkansas, USC, Texas, Houston, Baylor, Texas Tech, Notre Dame, ATM, and probably a few others thrown in. Every one of them knew where I went to school and every one knew Tech won their bowl game. I guess bowl games don't count?
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

I just went to Jack in the Box for breakfast and guess where the server was from. He not only knew about this year's bowl game but the history between the schools.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

No matter how you slice it, it is a true fact that it is MUCH BETTER to win your bowl game than not! We have won 5 in the row (with only one other program in the country being able to do that). Count it as an accomplishment!

Complain about the regular season, but don't downplay our win!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    No matter how you slice it, it is a true fact that it is MUCH BETTER to win your bowl game than not! We have won 5 in the row (with only one other program in the country being able to do that). Count it as an accomplishment!

Complain about the regular season, but don't downplay our win!
    I swear a bunch of our N. La guys get together once a week and "bitch about what to bitch about" on here.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WWDog View Post
    In the sports section of the San Antonio Express News every day since the Hawaii bowl in large letters, La Tech 31 Hawaii 14 along with the results of all the other bowl games. In the regular season the score of the Tech game may or may not be found in small type along with every other game that weekend. The consternation of the UTSA people and the recognition of alum of every other school in Texas who live in or around San Antonio is significant. I attended a New Years day thing with alum from OK State, Arkansas, USC, Texas, Houston, Baylor, Texas Tech, Notre Dame, ATM, and probably a few others thrown in. Every one of them knew where I went to school and every one knew Tech won their bowl game. I guess bowl games don't count?
    That sounds like a heck of a great New Years Day get together. You gather around and learn where everyone went to college 40-50 years ago. Everyone there knew about Tech, huh? That's awesome. Even somebody from Notre Dame, I am getting goosebumps. USC too? And, I was afraid nobody in San Antonio have ever heard of us.

Well this proves once and for all, BOWL GAMES COUNT!! End of discussion, never to be discussed on this board again.

Party on San Antonio!

+ Reply to Thread