+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Former Bulldog John Simon Now Coaching at Memphis

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Re: Former Bulldog John Simon Now Coaching at Memphis

Didn’t Moore just get the OC spot at WVU?

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Didn’t Moore just get the OC spot at WVU?
    And we fired the guy. At least our O line is great now!!

Champ zharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant future zharkins's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    All of these got significant raises to go to larger programs. That's 10 coaches in 6 years hired away. That's not a problem and I consider it "very few" just like I said above.
    I took exception to your statement that “There are 2 to 3 times that many who moved on (or still need to) who took lateral positions or steps down” suggesting that a vast majority of the coaches that left were not headed up. No one took a step down no matter how you spin it, and counting SMU and the ACC as lateral, you can get a 3:5 ratio of coaches that left here who took lateral positions. That is a lot different than “2 to 3 times as many”. There is no one I left off that list as far as I know, unless we hired them in the offseason and they were quickly hired away in the same offseason.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    I'm trying to follow your argument. I'm saying Holtz doesn't make a bunch of bad hires. In fact, he usually makes good hires. What are you saying?
    I'm saying he hires his pals. We are stuck with two of them now and both make big money in our budget. Our OC is just here for as the eyes in the sky and not making a difference. Our OLine coach is just plain bad.

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

This has turned into a painful, yet interesting read.

Zharkins, thanks for your research. I didn’t even realize how many guys have left Tech and are doing well in their new jobs (for money we can’t offer)

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post
    This has turned into a painful, yet interesting read.

Zharkins, thanks for your research. I didn’t even realize how many guys have left Tech and are doing well in their new jobs (for money we can’t offer)
    You didn't know?

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

I'm saying he hires his pals. We are stuck with two of them now and both make big money in our budget. Our OC is just here for as the eyes in the sky and not making a difference. Our OLine coach is just plain bad.
    Well, most of his "pals" seem to be decent coaches and that is more of an asset than a deficiency. As for Fitch, I imagine he attempts to do his assignment. I've heard the OL coach is subpar but, tbh, I've heard the same about many of our OL coaches going back to Petey (whom some people started claiming was good after he was let go).

I think Holtz made a mistake by not bringing in a grad transfer qb before last season. I'll go ahead and say that he needs to bring one in before next season. J'mar has to be held to a higher standard. Then, if he can't meet it, he needs to hold a clipboard until he can consistently meet it.

That's more important than Fitch. I think he also needs to demand more from his rb's. I expect them, including Dancy, to play through nicks and bruises. This ain't rec league.

You didn't know?
    I keep up with what I can, but it was nice to see them all listed.

+ Reply to Thread