+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MBB Ticket Promos this week (UAB/MTSU)

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Re: MBB Ticket Promos this week (UAB/MTSU)

Lower ticket and concession pricing won't drive demand (over time) for a mediocre product.

I've been surprised at how much really good basketball I've been able to watch with a $4.99/mo. subscription to ESPN+.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Our Athletic Dept needs to know how to work social media better. We've been doing this all year, promoting a game a day before it happens.

The White Out game ad was posted today for tomorrow's tipoff.

Screenshot_20190111-111958.jpg

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Also they release hype vids the day of the game. TMac, that is not how it works. You put these videos out days before the game to excite the fanbase. They can then share and talk about it.

TMac, just go look at Texas' social media and copy Matt Lange.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Also they release hype vids the day of the game. TMac, that is not how it works. You put these videos out days before the game to excite the fanbase. They can then share and talk about it.

I'm convinced that TMac knows little to nothing about marketing. He's the worst marketing AD in the history of mankind.

I've been screaming since football season for TMac to pack up his entire marketing department --including himself-- and spend about 2 solid weeks at UNT in Denton, TX , learning how to market a college football & basketball program. The UNT team knows how to use powerful videos to communicate with UNT students and fans. The people in Denton really know what they are doing when it comes to marketing. Our guys have no marketing strategy whatsoever, and are totally lost.

I think the biggest "marketing" piece I've received from LA Tech in the last 90 days was Blake Baker's tweets showing celebration photos from the Hawaii post game activities. How sad is that?

Agreed. Their stuff looks good and it's thought through. It's planned.

Our Athletic Dept does not put much energy and effort in being creative to sell the program. I can say there is a drastic difference on what I see for our FB and MBB attendance from the BVDV era vs Tommy.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    I got upper level reserved tickets for Tech at LSU at regular price for $7.

Tech charged more than double that amount for Tougaloo at Tech.
    You are not allowed to complain about trivial things such as ticket prices. Just pay it and quit asking questions like you matter.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Should have 6-8 hype videos out together from last season before the first exhibition tip. That way, you have time to get other promo/hype material from a few of our opening games. Have to plan more than 18 hours ahead though.

Champ bleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to behold bleudog's Avatar

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

I can say there is a drastic difference on what I see for our FB and MBB attendance from the BVDV era vs Tommy.
    Definitely. There was a brief moment in time when the admin didn't look at MBB as an olympic sport. A mere obligation requiring administration attendance and obligatory retweets. Step it up TMac, this matters.

Did they advertise the free t-shirts early this week?

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Did they advertise the free t-shirts early this week?
    All 50 humm 500 of them....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Regarding the T Shirt promo, the only thing I found was from a LA Tech Ticket office email that was sent was yesterday at 11am. I hope they advertised this way before yesterday. I don't get their marketing strategy.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Regarding the T Shirt promo, the only thing I found was from a LA Tech Ticket office email that was sent was yesterday at 11am. I hope they advertised this way before yesterday. I don't get their marketing strategy.
    lol no. The first tweet I was able to find was yesterday at 10:30 am.

Free shirts are boondoggles for the students who are already planning to come.

No student is going to change their Saturday night plans for a free white shirt.

The original White Out worked well because they could tie it in with Mike White's name, and the team was exciting to watch.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    No student is going to change their Saturday night plans for a free white shirt.
    False.

Some will make a detour, show up for the shirt, and leave.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Im pretty sure shirts were first announced Thursday at the game but they didnt get posted on twitter until the next day.

+ Reply to Thread