+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 3 to 1

Big Dog RUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the rough

3 to 1

Three Sunbelt teams receive votes in both AP and Coaches Polls. One CUSA. Maybe one day we can move up into that conference. First we need to compete better in the worst FBS conference.

Champ BruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud of

Re: 3 to 1

We were proud to be in CUSA several yrs ago. but I agree there's not much difference b/t the two conferences across all sports. Whether the Belt has improved, CUSA has declined or both, they might as well merge and create a super conference. I dont think the delusionals in Ruston would want us in the same conference as ULMNLU, they still think we are heads above - perhaps in facilities but that's all. I think we still hold a slight edge in quality of sports teams, our womens bowling is certainly better but their water ski team is much better than ours

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Any discussion of an improving Belch has NOTHING to do with ulm. They are just dead weight, an anchor, holding back whatever conference they are in.

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Hope you guys are joking. CUSA had one down year and the Sun Belt had a good year and some people are ready to jump ship. We are in the better conference. This year wasn't good, but any talk of "moving up" to the sunbelt is just message board nonsense. CUSA certainly needs to pick things up, but we are still in the better conference.

Champ garddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to behold

Maybe there needs to be an airport meeting with certain schools on both sides.

I am not serious...yet. Everyone is just in a holding pattern for another couple of years. I hope 'a miracle' happens and we really start growing again.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Some of you people should be trying to figure out a way to get LA Tech into the AAC instead of dreaming about the stinking Sunbelt.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Some of you people should be trying to figure out a way to get LA Tech into the AAC instead of dreaming about the stinking Sunbelt.
    1) Beat good teams, finally
    2) Don't lose to bad teams, finally
    3) Secede from Louisiana

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

AMEN!!!!!!!!

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by garddawg View Post
    Maybe there needs to be an airport meeting with certain schools on both sides.

I am not serious...yet. Everyone is just in a holding pattern for another couple of years. I hope 'a miracle' happens and we really start growing again.
    Young people are just not as interested in sports as previous generations were. Any future growth in college athletics is going to be hard to come by for any university, but it'll be especially hard for G5 schools. Like it or not, I think regional realignment among G5 conferences is inevitable and that we'll one day soon find ourselves in a conference that does indeed include some of our old Southland Conference mates.

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

I fear we blew the only chance we ever had to do this back when Dan Reneau canned Paul Miller as our AD in favor of that bumbling idiot Jerry Stoval. Had we joined CUSA at that time (which Paul Miller had everything in place to do), we'd be in the AAC today with an athletic program on par with the better AAC programs of today. But as I said, we totally whizzed away that opportunity due to Dan Reneau's lack of vision.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brtransplant View Post
    I fear we blew the only chance we ever had to do this back when Dan Reneau canned Paul Miller as our AD in favor of that bumbling idiot Jerry Stoval. Had we joined CUSA at that time (which Paul Miller had everything in place to do), we'd be in the AAC today with an athletic program on par with the better AAC programs of today. But as I said, we totally whizzed away that opportunity due to Dan Reneau's lack of vision.
    But we still have WBB.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    But we still have WBB.
    Profound!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brtransplant View Post
    BS. That was 30 years ago. Do you know how many "new" schools have joined FBS since then? With all due respect, some of you people need to quit pissing in your own breakfast cereal and complaining about it. Nobody --and I do mean NOBODY-- gives a doo doo about stuff that happened administratively 30 years ago. I never knew or even met Paul Miller. And as far as I know, he hasn't exactly been a Tech fan all these years since.

It's time to look ahead, not back. I sincerely want to know what our administration is doing TODAY to get LA Tech into the AAC --or some other conference-- in 3 yrs, 5 yrs, 8 yrs, etc....

- What is our marketing strategy?
    - How do we intend to rebuild our football and basketball fan base?
    - What is our long term conference affiliation strategy?
    - What does the AAC expect from us (requirements) if we apply for membership?
    - If the AAC isn't a real possibility, do we have an alternative plan?
    - Do we want to blow-up CUSA, and splinter off with a few of the best CUSA schools to form a better conference?

I've got a ton of questions. But absolutely none of them relate to that dinosaur Paul Miller.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

BS. That was 30 years ago. Do you know how many "new" schools have joined FBS since then? With all due respect, some of you people need to quit pissing in your own breakfast cereal and complaining about it. Nobody --and I do mean NOBODY-- gives a doo doo about stuff that happened administratively 30 years ago. I never knew or even met Paul Miller. And as far as I know, he hasn't exactly been a Tech fan all these years since.

It's time to look ahead, not back. I sincerely want to know what our administration is doing TODAY to get LA Tech into the AAC --or some other conference-- in 3 yrs, 5 yrs, 8 yrs, etc....

- What is our marketing strategy?
    - How do we intend to rebuild our football and basketball fan base?
    - What is our long term conference affiliation strategy?
    - What does the AAC expect from us (requirements) if we apply for membership?
    - If the AAC isn't a real possibility, do we have an alternative plan?
    - Do we want to blow-up CUSA, and splinter off with a few of the best CUSA schools to form a better conference?

I've got a ton of questions. But absolutely none of them relate to that dinosaur Paul Miller.
    You’ve got a ton of questions. Let me know when you get answers. Some of us have been asking some of the same questions for 30 years.

Our ship has sailed for ever being relevant in big-time football. In addition to squandering an opportunity to be a charter member in the Metro, now CUSA, conference, we squandered the entire decade of the 90’s while LSU football was in the tank.

Big Dog tech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to all

Contact Dr. Guice with these concerns/questions. He will at least have a basis to ask the proper questions of our AD and others .
    We live in the now and plan for the future !

+ Reply to Thread