+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 3 to 1

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: 3 to 1

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    You’ve got a ton of questions. Let me know when you get answers. Some of us have been asking some of the same questions for 30 years.

Our ship has sailed for ever being relevant in big-time football. In addition to squandering an opportunity to be a charter member in the Metro, now CUSA, conference, we squandered the entire decade of the 90’s while LSU football was in the tank.
    Not only did the ship sail, we blew up the shipyard.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    You’ve got a ton of questions. Let me know when you get answers. Some of us have been asking some of the same questions for 30 years.

Our ship has sailed for ever being relevant in big-time football. In addition to squandering an opportunity to be a charter member in the Metro, now CUSA, conference, we squandered the entire decade of the 90’s while LSU football was in the tank.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Geez......some of you people are depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Geez......some of you people are depressing.
    Do you have any evidence that TMac even knows what the AAC is? Or that we are creating our plan to improve, rather than our plan to regress, which has been working pretty well?

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Do you have any evidence that TMac even knows what the AAC is? Or that we are creating our plan to improve, rather than our plan to regress, which has been working pretty well?
    No. I have no doubt he’s lost in space. But, I’ve already voiced my concerns in writing. IMO, it’s time some of the rest of you do the same, other than just complaining on a message board. This should be especially true of our fans who live within a 70-mile radius of Ruston. Unfortunately, change doesn’t happen in Ruston unless it is typically initiated close to home.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

I want Tommy McClelland gone. He has no vision, lacks energy, and inexperienced.

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    BS. That was 30 years ago. Do you know how many "new" schools have joined FBS since then? With all due respect, some of you people need to quit pissing in your own breakfast cereal and complaining about it. Nobody --and I do mean NOBODY-- gives a doo doo about stuff that happened administratively 30 years ago. I never knew or even met Paul Miller. And as far as I know, he hasn't exactly been a Tech fan all these years since.

It's time to look ahead, not back. I sincerely want to know what our administration is doing TODAY to get LA Tech into the AAC --or some other conference-- in 3 yrs, 5 yrs, 8 yrs, etc....

- What is our marketing strategy?
    - How do we intend to rebuild our football and basketball fan base?
    - What is our long term conference affiliation strategy?
    - What does the AAC expect from us (requirements) if we apply for membership?
    - If the AAC isn't a real possibility, do we have an alternative plan?
    - Do we want to blow-up CUSA, and splinter off with a few of the best CUSA schools to form a better conference?

I've got a ton of questions. But absolutely none of them relate to that dinosaur Paul Miller.
    All good questions. Problem is, I don't think we have any good answers.

The biggest obstacle we face is our limited athletic budget. Ours is still one of the lowest in all of FBS. Our attendance at events is putrid, and it's steadily getting worse. Of course, almost everyone else's is tanking too, so that may not hinder us as much as it once would have.

Other than being an option for a conference if they were looking to add a regional school that'd make someone a good travel partner, we don't exactly have a lot to offer a conference.

The only viable option I see us having at this point is to try and make sure that we're included in any kind of new regional conference that may be formed. I can easily envision a new one forming that includes Tech, USM, UAB, MT, Ark St, ULL, UNT, Rice, UTSA, and UTEP. That'd be a pretty decent 10 team conference that I could live with.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Limited budget, tired of hearing the same ol same ol. Our $250k yr Athletic Director isn't doing his job.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by brtransplant View Post
    The only viable option I see us having at this point is to try and make sure that we're included in any kind of new regional conference that may be formed. I can easily envision a new one forming that includes Tech, USM, UAB, MT, Ark St, ULL, UNT, Rice, UTSA, and UTEP. That'd be a pretty decent 10 team conference that I could live with.
    Gag me!!

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Go for it every 4th down. Onside kick it every time. Go for two every time. That’ll get us nationally recognized and probably pull in fans all over the country.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post
    Go for it every 4th down. Onside kick it every time. Go for two every time. That’ll get us nationally recognized and probably pull in fans all over the country.
    I like it.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post
    I like it.

Big Dog tech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to all

If we're are on the 40 or further out I am all in. Works for Pulskay Academy . We all know Skip has been just waiting for the right time to break this out!

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by brtransplant View Post
    All good questions. Problem is, I don't think we have any good answers.

The biggest obstacle we face is our limited athletic budget. Ours is still one of the lowest in all of FBS. Our attendance at events is putrid, and it's steadily getting worse. Of course, almost everyone else's is tanking too, so that may not hinder us as much as it once would have.

Other than being an option for a conference if they were looking to add a regional school that'd make someone a good travel partner, we don't exactly have a lot to offer a conference.

Actually we offer a history of winning and a national brand. Our national TV numbers back in the WAC days - when we were on platforms that had tracked ratings, ESPN and ESPN2 - were better than any school in the Belt on similar platforms. Back in 2012 if CUSA would have ended up needing just one replacement we would have been that one school. Two replacements it was Tech and FIU.

Honestly, we've gone over this a million times over the past 15 years.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    Actually we offer a history of winning and a national brand. Our national TV numbers back in the WAC days - when we were on platforms that had tracked ratings, ESPN and ESPN2 - were better than any school in the Belt on similar platforms. Back in 2012 if CUSA would have ended up needing just one replacement we would have been that one school. Two replacements it was Tech and FIU.

Honestly, we've gone over this a million times over the past 15 years.
    Tech's C-USA Championship Game TV ratings are by far the best since moving to cable in 2012. In 2011 it was on network ABC, and 2018 was on the unmetered CBSSN.

+ Reply to Thread