+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 25 of 25

Thread: 1/12 WBB vs MTSU

  1. #16
    Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    The Twilight Zone
    Posts
    6,652

    Re: MTSU

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Either he's incompetent, or he's malicious.
    You definitely have to wonder which it is. I’m not wasting any of my time or money on Tech athletics as long as he is the AD.

  2. #17
    Big Dog tech70 is a glorious beacon of lighttech70 is a glorious beacon of lighttech70 is a glorious beacon of lighttech70 is a glorious beacon of lighttech70 is a glorious beacon of lighttech70 is a glorious beacon of lighttech70 is a glorious beacon of lighttech70 is a glorious beacon of lighttech70 is a glorious beacon of lighttech70 is a glorious beacon of lighttech70 is a glorious beacon of light
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Shreveport, LA.
    Posts
    503

    Re: MTSU

    Then send the money to the academic side . We have needs there as well . Dr. Guice is very approachable and responsive to input from alumni . Send him a letter with your concerns and he will read it.

  3. #18
    Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    McKinney, TX & Franklin, TN
    Posts
    31,041

    Re: MTSU

    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Tommy extended Brooke's contract through April 2024 at $246,000 annual salary plus incentives.

    If she's fired, the buyout Tech would owe Brooke:
    - $875,000 after the end of this season
    - $700,000 after the end of next season
    - $525,000 after the end of the 2020-21 season
    - $350,000 after the end of the 2021-22 season
    - $175,000 after the end of the 2022-23 season
    But there is a mitigation clause that would reduce the buyout by her new salary if she takes a new job.
    ....That's just completely irresponsible.

  4. #19
    Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    McKinney, TX & Franklin, TN
    Posts
    31,041

    Re: MTSU

    Quote Originally Posted by tech70 View Post
    Then send the money to the academic side . We have needs there as well . Dr. Guice is very approachable and responsive to input from alumni . Send him a letter with your concerns and he will read it.
    ...IMO, they (we) need to "get on the stick" on the academic side too. We used to be a Tier One University according to USNWR. Didn't we lose that designation this past year?

  5. #20
    65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Fayetteville, AR
    Posts
    10,385

    Re: MTSU

    Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    ...IMO, they (we) need to "get on the stick" on the academic side too. We used to be a Tier One University according to USNWR. Didn't we lose that designation this past year?
    Yes, but we moved up a level in the Carnegia Classifications to R2: Doctoral Universities – Higher Research Activity. This is the level that ULLLL is in because of the bazillion dollars of O&G research dollars they pull in.

    Don't let the bling of athletics cloud the fact that academics is just as much a money game. And we need a lot more money.

  6. #21
    Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    26,817

    Re: MTSU

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Yes, but we moved up a level in the Carnegia Classifications to R2: Doctoral Universities – Higher Research Activity. This is the level that ULLLL is in because of the bazillion dollars of O&G research dollars they pull in.

    Don't let the bling of athletics cloud the fact that academics is just as much a money game. And we need a lot more money.
    O&G research dollars? First I've heard that. Pretty sure it's a bunch of wetlands research money that ULL gets.

  7. #22
    Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Plano
    Posts
    2,156

    Re: MTSU

    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Tommy extended Brooke's contract through April 2024 at $246,000 annual salary plus incentives.

    If she's fired, the buyout Tech would owe Brooke:
    - $875,000 after the end of this season
    - $700,000 after the end of next season
    - $525,000 after the end of the 2020-21 season
    - $350,000 after the end of the 2021-22 season
    - $175,000 after the end of the 2022-23 season
    But there is a mitigation clause that would reduce the buyout by her new salary if she takes a new job.
    This is ridiculous. Who in the world is Tech competing against for her services?

    What's the contract for the co-nepotist, I mean co-head coach?

  8. #23
    Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    26,817

    Re: MTSU

    Quote Originally Posted by DJDAWG View Post
    This is ridiculous. Who in the world is Tech competing against for her services?

    What's the contract for the co-nepotist, I mean co-head coach?
    She has a $300,000 salary pool for her staff of 3 assistants and an ops guy. Scott is co-head coach in title only.

  9. #24
    65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Fayetteville, AR
    Posts
    10,385

    Re: MTSU

    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    O&G research dollars? First I've heard that. Pretty sure it's a bunch of wetlands research money that ULL gets.
    I might be mis-remembering/quoting. Point is, they have way more research money than we do.

  10. #25
    Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,001

    Re: 1/12 WBB vs MTSU

    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    She has a $300,000 salary pool for her staff of 3 assistants and an ops guy. Scott is co-head coach in title only.
    Damn thatís a decent amount of money that could be put into the Joe

  11. #26
    Champ Dawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant future Dawg Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,167

    Re: 1/12 WBB vs MTSU

    My question is "Are the players buying what Brooke and Scott are selling"? I believe the coaches know how to coach, but if the players aren't buying into it, a successful season is just not going to happen. Based on the part of Brooke's post game talk that was posted on-line, it sounded like the players just weren't into the MTSU game - just going through the motions. Maybe they were still riding the high of beating UAB. I think the players will "get their minds right", or the things are going to go from bad to worse.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts