+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1/17 WBB vs ODU

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: 1/17 WBB vs ODU

Blue Dawg, excellent suggestions! Elijah Craig, named after a Baptist minister, is intriguing.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: 1/17 WBB vs ODU

Some of you may recall a girl out of Natchitoches, that I coached and coached against (in multiple sports), Brandy Broome. After leading NCHS to a state championship, or two, (and she led the Lady Hot Shots to an AAU national championship) she was recruited by Ole Miss, but did not have the academics to be eligible, which was also true of some other Ole Miss recruits. You might remember that scandal when coaches were fired...quite the mess. Broome went to Pensacola State College (a JUCO) and led them to a national championship (or two). Apparently she still did not get all of her grades right, because Brooke S. tried to recruit her to NSU, but she couldn't get eligible. After that I lost touch with her.

Turns out she finished college (graduated!) and her 4-yr eligibility at NAIA SUNO. She led them, Southern-New Orleans to an NAIA national championship and made All-American too. Every team she was associated with won the championship, going as far as possible.

My daughter, who had played with her in various sports, has re-opened communication and I saw a FB post where Broome lamented not making it on the big stage....i.e. Division I basketball. Wonder if she could make a WNBA roster. I don't see why not. As for her lost DI basketball career, that is a shame, a waste.

I spoke with Brooke S. during that time she was trying, oh so hard! to get Broome eligible for NSU. I don't know what happened. But it's usually the fault of the student-athlete. Not wanting to do what needs to be done. Yet, she ultimately found success at SUNO. Maybe there's a different academic standard for NAIA. I don't know. I can say this, with what Brooke already had at NSU, two really good players, with the addition of Broome...hmmm.

+ Reply to Thread