+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1/17 MBB @ Old Dominion

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: 1/17 MBB @ Old Dominion

We've been waiting for a couple of bigs at Tech for 20 years.

Every year that has been our problem even when the rest of the pieces were there.

Even Mike White couldn't do it. Konkol, a vastly inferior coach, has no chance.

Man I wish I was a Tech coach. No pressure to perform, nice job in a nice quiet town, in the worst conference in the country, with 100% job security unless you do something insanely stupid like bone your players (even then you don't get "fired").

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by tigtoo30 View Post
    Hated the ending, but I like this team. BUT, we need 2 good bigs to make it special. Archibald and Duruji made this a game and Day Day faulted at the FT line. He won’t do that again. I saw him slap his hands on the floor after the third miss in a row. He has the discipline to work on that the rest of the season.

If Powell can be replaced by a couple of big physical players next season, I think Jean will be back, X I’m not counting on due to his condition, but with one or two special contributors I think we are building to something special.

Tough loss but they fought the entire game. But we are not strong enough inside.
    Same problem as always. Either we have a seven footer that weighs the same as my 9 year old or we have 4 guys that are 6’8” and 215lbs. An athletic, 275lb, 6’10” player doesn’t want to play for us or we don’t recruit them.

Champ BruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud of

We make free throws last 2 min of game we win 0/3 on front end of three 1 & 1s

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

I will temper my thoughts. GREAT effort. I get that we are 2 starters down. That is significant!

I get that you can have an off night at the line. Happens way too often.

I still don’t get RICE. Total fail.

... and I don’t get why we let Dickens, a one trick pony if there ever was one go one bounce to his right???

Screw free throws. There is your game boys. That guy should not have scored a SINGLE point. They lost Trey Porter to Nevada. If he had played tonight, we lose by double digits.

Puppy bskelley15 is a glorious beacon of lightbskelley15 is a glorious beacon of lightbskelley15 is a glorious beacon of lightbskelley15 is a glorious beacon of lightbskelley15 is a glorious beacon of lightbskelley15 is a glorious beacon of lightbskelley15 is a glorious beacon of lightbskelley15 is a glorious beacon of lightbskelley15 is a glorious beacon of lightbskelley15 is a glorious beacon of lightbskelley15 is a glorious beacon of light

I was one of three Tech fans (including my party of three) that I saw at the game. We did our best, but just couldn't pull it out. Good atmosphere, nice arena, good comeback from a horrible start. Coulda, shoulda, woulda, didn't.

Puppy BirdDawg is just really niceBirdDawg is just really niceBirdDawg is just really niceBirdDawg is just really niceBirdDawg is just really niceBirdDawg is just really niceBirdDawg is just really niceBirdDawg is just really niceBirdDawg is just really niceBirdDawg is just really niceBirdDawg is just really nice BirdDawg's Avatar

We have a point gaurd who can't make free throws and rarely has an assist...against North Texas we had two assists as a team the whole game...our execution on offense especially during critical times is awful...other than that we have some good pieces. But for anyone who truly knows basketball....it's painful to watch. But I love my Dawgs always...just don't like em sometimes.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BirdDawg View Post
    We have a point gaurd who can't make free throws and rarely has an assist...against North Texas we had two assists as a team the whole game...our execution on offense especially during critical times is awful...other than that we have some good pieces. But for anyone who truly knows basketball....it's painful to watch. But I love my Dawgs always...just don't like em sometimes.
    I agree by and large with you... but our point guard is as good as we will ever get. He is an assist machine that by necessity has to score more. Look back to his Freshman year. I truly wouldn’t trade that kid for anyone in the country.... but he does need to be better from the line

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

I think DayDay had 7 assists last night. If Powell could finish, he'd probably lead the conference in assists. That said, he is a liability at the free throw line, especially when it really matters.

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    I think DayDay had 7 assists last night. If Powell could finish, he'd probably lead the conference in assists. That said, he is a liability at the free throw line, especially when it really matters.
    Great point on Powell finishing.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Have we ever beaten ODU in any sport? (in CUSA)
    LA Tech (Soccer) Stuns ODU, Advances to Semifinals
    Baseball swept them at home last year - not going back further
    Basketball beat ODU on the road in 2017 & our 1st year in C-USA

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    Thanks!

Bulldog Dawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the rough Dawg-n-Pony's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post
    but our point guard is as good as we will ever get.
    Very true. He's 1 of the best players in conference when at his best.

that by necessity has to score more.
    By "choice"

Look back to his Freshman year.
    Look back to his soph year and how his "choice" impacted the team's leading scorers.

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Day Day is good at driving to the basket quickly. Too often he is out of control when he puts up his shot and misses. Look at his shooting percentage.

Powell has slow, clumsy hands under the basket. Many many times he gets passes under the basket and can't find the handle. But he's definitely a defensive asset. When he catches up to the speed of the game on offense he'll be tough to defend.

Bulldog Dawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the rough Dawg-n-Pony's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tenacious_dog View Post
    Day Day is good at driving to the basket quickly. Too often he is out of control when he puts up his shot and misses. Look at his shooting percentage.

Powell has slow, clumsy hands under the basket. Many many times he gets passes under the basket and can't find the handle. But he's definitely a defensive asset. When he catches up to the speed of the game on offense he'll be tough to defend.
    DayDay makes some unbelievable shots around the basket. But they are such high difficulty that its hard to shoot a high percentage.

Dont know what happened to OP. In HS he was high level finisher with great hands/touch. Maybe playing the 5 fulltime is affecting him, but during year 3 that shouldnt be an issue. Its definitely mental now.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    Powell played 11 minutes last night, had no points, 2 turnovers, 3 rebounds, and no free throws. They should have charged him for a ticket, because he did nothing but watch the game.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...meId=401088176

+ Reply to Thread