+ Reply to Thread

Thread: North Louisiana dog breeders.....

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

North Louisiana dog breeders.....

I am looking for a reputable breeder of lap dogs, like Maltese. However, the only ones I have found want $1,200 for a Maltese and Poodle mix. Anyone know of a place I can get a dog for my wife and not have to skip a mortgage payment to get it?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: North Louisiana dog breeders.....

Maybe the rescue groups have one, or can keep an eye out for one? There is a national network...

as I was typing my wife came in and I asked her. She suggests you post on the Facebook page of such groups, such as the Natchitoches Humane Society and Hope for Paws (two different groups, but who share info and work together). They will put out feelers, locate one somewhere in the country and make arrangements to get it to you. There are some small fees...like $75 or so. Beats paying $1,200.

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

I bought my wife chorkie vs the yorkie. It was $400 vs $1000 ten years ago. One of the best dogs we have ever owned.

Roxie will play, she will chill, she barks when she should and no health problems. Just turned 10. Looks like a chorkie until she gets wet and then you can see the apple shaped head.

One problem. My sister has a litter mate to mine. Her Rocky, is half the size of mine, down right grouchy to everyone but his family. My point is you may not know what you gonna get with a “designer dog”

The breeder was an elderly lady and I think she has quit.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

We had a Yorkie-Poo from a local breeder. 14 years ago was $400, now they want $1200. I had no idea the cost of breeding went up 200%!

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

The "poo" craze is ridiculous. Mix something with a poodle and double the price. We got a cockapoo when I was in the 6th grade...two for $50. I'd consider looking for a pure bred "lap dog" in the DFW or Houston area where there is more competition.

Choudawg sold me a lap dog a few months back...he's great, but he's about 50 pounds!
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Maybe the rescue groups have one, or can keep an eye out for one? There is a national network...

as I was typing my wife came in and I asked her. She suggests you post on the Facebook page of such groups, such as the Natchitoches Humane Society and Hope for Paws (two different groups, but who share info and work together). They will put out feelers, locate one somewhere in the country and make arrangements to get it to you. There are some small fees...like $75 or so. Beats paying $1,200.
    I agree, this is the way to go, but still not cheap. I assume they do this to prevent just ANYBODY from purchasing. They actually do a background type check to make sure the dogs go to a good home.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    The "poo" craze is ridiculous. Mix something with a poodle and double the price. We got a cockapoo when I was in the 6th grade...two for $50. I'd consider looking for a pure bred "lap dog" in the DFW or Houston area where there is more competition.
    The Doodle craze is big too. The no shedding thing is the big deal. From what I hear, not all Doodle mix dogs are non-shedders so that could be a draw back. Also, they seem to be very high strung. I can assure you that your lap dog will be a shedder. We had one for ten years as part of the family he was great. He shed like crazy, but he was great.

My wife would love a mini golden doodle, but $2500 is cost prohibitive to say the least.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Contact area vets as well - my wife works for them and we now have 2 dogs that we didn't pay for (Lab Mix and English Bulldog). There owners just couldn't care for them.

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

My chorkie doesn’t shed

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

I own a Jack Russell Terrier, the total opposite on what you probably want. They are exciting fun dogs. I've taken mine on camping and hike trips. She has done 16 miles with me in the Ozarks We've retired her from doing activities like that seeing that she's now 15 years old. No issues except for her slight deafness.

Regarding a nice lazy lap dog, my wife and I have sat for many Shih Tzu's ($1-2k). They are excellent dogs. Smart, non-shedders (you do have to get them groomed), and fairly quiet unless something disturbs them.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Have you checked out this site? https://www.petfinder.com/

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

These friends started in the business last year. Located in Rocky Branch.

Golden retrievers, poodles, golden doodles

www.
    candakennels.com

Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

+ Reply to Thread