+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Charlotte- Rock Bottom?

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Re: Charlotte- Rock Bottom?

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    In conference play, Tech is the:
    - worst shooting team in C-USA (46.1% eFG%) - 14th of 14
    - worst 3-point shooting team in C-USA (28.0%) - 14th of 14
    - worst free throw shooting team in C-USA (59.7%) - 14th of 14
    - slowest-paced team in C-USA (65.1 poss/gm) - 14th of 14
    That'll pack the TAC.
    Thanks for giving analitacal support for what is obvious to the 4 people who still gave a shit...

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post
    Thanks for giving analitacal support for what is obvious to the 4 people who still gave a shit...
    In the end, this is the game of basketball. It doesn't matter if our guys are the quickest or can jump the highest. You have to be able to shoot the basketball through the hoop to score points. #analysis

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

That'll pack the TAC.
    For all y'all who wanted time for konkol to get his own players on the court and to implement his own "system",

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

In the end, this is the game of basketball. It doesn't matter if our guys are the quickest or can jump the highest. You have to be able to shoot the basketball through the hoop to score points. #analysis
    I agree with you, though my post may have appeared to be sarcastic. It wasn’t intended to be. We suck

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

That'll pack the TAC.
    How does a player with Duruji's athletic ability play 31 minutes and only score 5 points? He was 2 of 9 from the field, 0-3 from 3-pt land.

- Archibald played 32 minutes and scored only 2 POINTS! He was 1 of 8 from the field, 0-4 from the 3-pt line.

- Powell played 21 min and only scored 2 points.

- Langston played 19 minutes and scored 0 pts.

I appreciate the fact that this team can't win road games, but this smells real bad. With a performance like this, you almost have to be TRYING to miss baskets. Read into that statement what you wish.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post
    Pussy as an AD. Pussy as a head coach.

Time to hang it up bro.
    I sometimes wish I could but I develop a loyalty to our players once they put on the uniform. I think I sat courtside every home game that season we won like 2 games. I can't quit'em.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    How does a player with Duruji's athletic ability play 31 minutes and only score 5 points? He was 2 of 9 from the field, 0-3 from 3-pt land.

- Archibald played 32 minutes and scored only 2 POINTS! He was 1 of 8 from the field, 0-4 from the 3-pt line.

- Powell played 21 min and only scored 2 points.

- Langston played 19 minutes and scored 0 pts.

I appreciate the fact that this team can't win road games, but this smells real bad. With a performance like this, you almost have to be TRYING to miss baskets. Read into that statement what you wish.
    You're right. That's because those guys are only comfortable scoring in a certain context. We had a weird game yesterday and they can't adjust. To me, that was the type of game that we needed to play faster even if it meant playing the walk on. Offense was stagnant and we weren't hitting shots. It's Konkols job to figure it out though.

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    I sometimes wish I could but I develop a loyalty to our players once they put on the uniform. I think I sat courtside every home game that season we won like 2 games. I can't quit'em.
    Me too, Boxerdog. I cannot quit, no matter how hard it is to drag myself over there sometimes, guys and girls games. It's still Louisiana Tech, my school. Football has gotten ever harder than basketball the past two years.

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

It's all pretty disappointing but since nothing really matters until the tournament, I'm invested as long as we're in the running. And it's pretty unlikely we'll drop to last place or next to last.

Last year we finished the season 17 - 16 and I felt that put Konkol on the bubble. My opinion hasn't changed. If we finish with 20 or more wins, to me he gets a shot at staying. With less than 20 wins, we need to be in the tournament finals for him to have a shot. Anything worse than that then it's time for a change.

I like Konkol and hope he can figure it out.

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

Need to make a change. I've said it before and many disagree with me. I think we have a lot of problems but the biggest is we just don't have the talent. Yes, Bracey is great and Duruji shows a ton of potential, but I just don't see much after that. Konkol's recruits look good on paper but I don't see it on the court. The stats shared by Dawg06 drive home this point. I think Konkol could do some things differently, but, at the end of the day, we aren't any good because we aren't any good.

Christon and Jean help but I think they make us marginally better.

Just my opinion.

Bulldog Dawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the rough Dawg-n-Pony's Avatar

You're right. That's because those guys are only comfortable scoring in a certain context.
    that was the type of game that we needed to play faster.
    It's Konkols job to figure it out though.
    Konkol is clean cut, very measured in his speech, loves order, and probably irons his underwear. Its pretty clear Konkol likes to control as much as he can. Eliminate the variables...almost to the point of predictability. Which is great for discipline, but hard to win consistently.
    The players ARE comfortable scoring in certain context. And he seems to like those kinds of players. Problem is...that context is not fast and furious, because that usually comes with a certain amount of disorder. Not in his DNA. So he will struggle as a head coach to win those games in the 70th percentile and up.

Dayon Griffin, Omar, Harris, Boykins...were all talented...but wildcards and didnt assimilate well within the predictable system.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-n-Pony View Post
    Konkol is clean cut, very measured in his speech, loves order, and probably irons his underwear. Its pretty clear Konkol likes to control as much as he can. Eliminate the variables...almost to the point of predictability. Which is great for discipline, but hard to win consistently.
    The players ARE comfortable scoring in certain context. And he seems to like those kinds of players. Problem is...that context is not fast and furious, because that usually comes with a certain amount of disorder. Not in his DNA. So he will struggle as a head coach to win those games in the 70th percentile and up.

Dayon Griffin, Omar, Harris, Boykins...were all talented...but wildcards and didnt assimilate well within the predictable system.
    Seems like DayDay, Pemberton, and Duruji could perform in a more frenetic pace if we need to force the action a bit. I realize that would open us up to being exploited by certain opponents but it seems necessary when the offense is stagnant. Charlotte was a situation where Konkol needed to loosen the tie to me. We have better athletes than they do.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Bulldog Dawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the rough Dawg-n-Pony's Avatar

Seems like DayDay, Pemberton, and Duruji could perform in a more frenetic pace if we need to force the action a bit.
    I wholeheartedly agree. This board has been begging for him to play the full court 'Dunkin Dogs' game he promised to continue when he was hired. If he adopted that style, the last 2-3 years include at least 1 dance. At least. The conference is as weak this year as its been since joining...and not only is a bid a longshot...finishing in the top half of a bad conference will be a challenge.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-n-Pony View Post
    I wholeheartedly agree. This board has been begging for him to play the full court 'Dunkin Dogs' game he promised to continue when he was hired. If he adopted that style, the last 2-3 years include at least 1 dance. At least. The conference is as weak this year as its been since joining...and not only is a bid a longshot...finishing in the top half of a bad conference will be a challenge.
    Konkol probably doesn't have a deep enough bench to run the more frenetic full court "Dunkin Dogs" pace.....

How about some of our players just shoot better than a 6th grader for a change, and I'll be satisfied.

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Konkol probably doesn't have a deep enough bench to run the more frenetic full court "Dunkin Dogs" pace.....

How about some of our players just shoot better than a 6th grader for a change, and I'll be satisfied.
    Was the bench short at the beginning of the season? What about last season? The season before that?

+ Reply to Thread