+ Reply to Thread

Thread: About reached my limit following lifeless La Tech Major Sport Teams

Bulldog jycww seems to have something between the earsjycww seems to have something between the earsjycww seems to have something between the earsjycww seems to have something between the earsjycww seems to have something between the earsjycww seems to have something between the ears

About reached my limit following lifeless La Tech Major Sport Teams

Will admit up front that this is pretty negative, but am I alone in reaching a limit concerning supporting La Tech Football, Basketball, and literally all sports. I don't expect us to really compete with the majority of the major conference teams, but it seems to be that we have finally reached the bottom of play with these sports. La Tech Athletics loves to tout that the football program has won the last 5 or so bowl games, etc. but conveniently overlook that you have to really try not to get invited to a bowl game. We may go and win but in truth, who cares when we go to such meaningless games. Our men's basketball team showed a bit of promise but they are doing what they do best, it seems......fading at the end. I graduated in '81 and can remember when the Lady Techsters literally had more people at the games than the men's program. Now, the Lady Techsters are pitiful and bringing in SLC coaches aren't going to change this. I can't really comment much on the baseball program but have supported them when they come to Houston and play Rice. Again, another SLC coach........geez, are we kidding ourselves when we say these are the best hires vs. national searches of asst coaches in their respective sports? IDK, maybe it's just me, but I truly feel we have reached a ridiculous level and can't see an end to this until the AD is gone, which doesn't appear will happen anytime soon.

I was always one of the first to buy tickets to the dinners when the coaches would come to Houston, and would always support all teams when they visited Houston to play Rice. I would try to make at least a game or so in football in Ruston, but after my last experience of it being so dead, I won't make that mistake again.

Is there even a light at the end of the tunnel or is it just another train?

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: About reached my limit following lifeless La Tech Major Sport Teams

The good news is we have some time for all of our coaches to totally change their recruiting and game management strategies, since TMac helpfully included nursing home fees and funeral plots in the last round of undeserved contract extensions.

The other good news is that BBB will not run out of things to bitch about, and the other site won't run out of things to feel superior about while they polish brass. So everyone wins, except for season ticket holders.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    The good news is we have some time for all of our coaches to totally change their recruiting and game management strategies, since TMac helpfully included nursing home fees and funeral plots in the last round of undeserved contract extensions.

The other good news is that BBB will not run out of things to bitch about, and the other site won't run out of things to feel superior about while they polish brass. So everyone wins, except for season ticket holders.
    LOL great post!

For a fan message board, this is turning lemons into lemonade.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Jycww, you are not alone. Many of us have sworn off some or all sports until changes are made. I know we have reduced our b-ball ticket total until they time. Baseball is still in the air until this season is over as far as staying where we are or reducing our seats. Most likely, our admin will figure things out too late to save it. Remember, mediocrity is the goal so success is appreciated but not expected.

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't been able to attend Tech events for a long time. Yes, I watch when I can, or listen in. Yes, I've ached from some of the whaaaat??? games Tech seemed to look past and wondered how that could happen. Then, I see "chiggers" get humiliated by Mighty-mites and think- yep it can happen to anyone.
    I envy some of you for being able to attend games.

But I'll be damned if I'm gonna make it a habit to go on-line and show my rear end which is what our "new culture" seems to be feasting on.

I miss not being able to make it to games any more (getting old stinks in some ways). I'm sorry some of you seem to love being able to jump on every aspect of Tech athletics. I also didn't get the memo about mediocrity being the goal.
    I apologize for the times I may have posted shallow statements about any team, coach, player, or fan. I hope all are blessed with success and that we can all join in enjoying it with them, cry with them when we come up short, appreciate the dedication, sweat, tears; even blood expended. Hold on to hope for the future.

Guess I have a different "limit."

Varsity Bulldog ETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of light ETxBullDawg's Avatar

FWIW: The SGA has sent out a student survey about declining attendance for athletics by Tech students.
    I hope they answer and answer it honestly. Here is email my student received:

Bulldogs,

Hope you are all having an incredible Thursday! Last Tuesday at our meeting SGA was discussing the growing problem of student attendance at athletic events. We want to know the student perspective of these events, and what can be done to make them more attractive.
    We have put together a short survey which can be taken by using the following link:

Please take it if you have the time! Your input is invaluable and we look forward to combing the responses!
    I would also like to take the opportunity to remind you all that our meetings are open to the public and are held every Tuesday at 6 PM. We would love to have anyone and everyone come by if you all have any further ideas!

Ever Loyal Be,
    Matt Flynn
    Student Government Association President

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Hire that kid to replace Tommy.

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

1) schedule interesting teams
    2) promote pre game events that involve drinking
    3) get on TV. Make the games feel important. That goes back to #1

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

LA Tech is obviously no longer recruiting the “outgoing” kids into our student body. We have apparently ended up with a student body full of bookworms that will be totally worthless at supporting LA Tech athletics throughout their lifetime.

If our students show little interest in athletics and won’t participate now as students, they certainly won’t “give back” to the university over the long run. Unfortunately, it appears we’ve recruited a school full of takers, and not givers. This is a fundamental flaw in our school’s student recruiting process that needs to be corrected ASAP.

+ Reply to Thread