Will admit up front that this is pretty negative, but am I alone in reaching a limit concerning supporting La Tech Football, Basketball, and literally all sports. I don't expect us to really compete with the majority of the major conference teams, but it seems to be that we have finally reached the bottom of play with these sports. La Tech Athletics loves to tout that the football program has won the last 5 or so bowl games, etc. but conveniently overlook that you have to really try not to get invited to a bowl game. We may go and win but in truth, who cares when we go to such meaningless games. Our men's basketball team showed a bit of promise but they are doing what they do best, it seems......fading at the end. I graduated in '81 and can remember when the Lady Techsters literally had more people at the games than the men's program. Now, the Lady Techsters are pitiful and bringing in SLC coaches aren't going to change this. I can't really comment much on the baseball program but have supported them when they come to Houston and play Rice. Again, another SLC coach........geez, are we kidding ourselves when we say these are the best hires vs. national searches of asst coaches in their respective sports? IDK, maybe it's just me, but I truly feel we have reached a ridiculous level and can't see an end to this until the AD is gone, which doesn't appear will happen anytime soon.

I was always one of the first to buy tickets to the dinners when the coaches would come to Houston, and would always support all teams when they visited Houston to play Rice. I would try to make at least a game or so in football in Ruston, but after my last experience of it being so dead, I won't make that mistake again.

Is there even a light at the end of the tunnel or is it just another train?