+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1/26 vs. WKU

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Re: 1/26 vs. WKU

Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post
    I think they have been trying to save legs because of the short bench. Tonight they saved them by the heavy zone which allowed us to run on occasion. The zone also gave us a fighting chance against their two bigs. Duruji got into their heads with 4 blocks.
    I agree with you regarding the motive for playing more deliberately. Nevertheless, I think the it's not the best strategy to win certain games. If we are somewhat rested and still lose, it defeats the purpose. From what i've seen, I think we could use the walk on in spots. He seems like a fairly good athlete and understands the game. If my mind is right, Marshall used to rotate 7 and play with tempo the entire game. There were times when a couple of their guys didn't even leave the game and they still won. Not sure our guys are built for that but I do think they can play higher volume. Even if it means more time for the freshman and the walk on, I'd like to see us leave it all on the court.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    I agree with you regarding the motive for playing more deliberately. Nevertheless, I think the it's not the best strategy to win certain games. If we are somewhat rested and still lose, it defeats the purpose. From what i've seen, I think we could use the walk on in spots. He seems like a fairly good athlete and understands the game. If my mind is right, Marshall used to rotate 7 and play with tempo the entire game. There were times when a couple of their guys didn't even leave the game and they still won. Not sure our guys are built for that but I do think they can play higher volume. Even if it means more time for the freshman and the walk on, I'd like to see us leave it all on the court.
    I definitely like the quicker pace and have been wanting minutes for Thomas all year. I just think last night was the blueprint against significantly bigger teams.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

I definitely like the quicker pace and have been wanting minutes for Thomas all year. I just think last night was the blueprint against significantly bigger teams.
    You have to believe since we are ultimately playing for the conference tournament, we need to get Thomas more meaningful minutes.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

I think they have been trying to save legs because of the short bench. Tonight they saved them by the heavy zone which allowed us to run on occasion. The zone also gave us a fighting chance against their two bigs. Duruji got into their heads with 4 blocks.
    These kids are 19 & 20 yrs old. Our coaches shouldn't be worrying about "saving legs" until tournament time. That's when we have to play back-to back-to back games on consecutive days.They really shouldn't be concerned about tired legs in the regular season with only 2 games per week.

Kale Walters is the walkon I keep referencing. He may be a defensive liability but I'm not sure if he is. He really does compel me. I think some coaches won't play a walkon because it makes it seem like they can't recruit better scholarship players. I really do. Konkol has every excuse to play Walters and I think he should start doing it in spots. I may be wrong but I think he can help us.

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Fun fact: Kale is the youngest of 12 siblings. If he grew up playing basketball with the family, he should have some tenacity.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

It would seem like Walters is worth a shot and the only way Thomas is truly get better is minutes now, before the tournament.

I also agree that the college guys should be able to play big minutes, but it MOST DEFINITELY affects 3 point shooting. Y’all remember 1/23 8 days ago?

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Id like to see Kale play more than cleanup in a blowout.

Both times I saw Kale play he was a fluid dribbler and passer. He penetrated, drew a defender, and set up another player for an easy look. I've don't remember him shooting.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

I think i saw him shoot last time he played. It hit the rim, but I cant remember if it went in.

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    I think i saw him shoot last time he played. It hit the rim, but I cant remember if it went in.
    He is 0/2 but has a couple rebounds and assists plus a steal in 10 mins.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    These kids are 19 & 20 yrs old. Our coaches shouldn't be worrying about "saving legs" until tournament time. That's when we have to play back-to back-to back games on consecutive days.They really shouldn't be concerned about tired legs in the regular season with only 2 games per week.
    Snowflakes!

Kids these days have no clue what "being in shape" is. They couldn't hang with us for an hour. Their tongues would be dragging the ground, and they would be crying for their mommies to come rescue them.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

When Richard was HC he always went with a 7 or 8 man rotation - if y'all remember correctly - by the end of the season those top 7 were spent...

I haven't seen anything out of Walters that would justify anything more than mop-up duty

Thomas on the other hand is quite different he has the body and needs to develop the feet but he can help in the middle of the defense -

OP, it appears - has taken two steps back this year, he was continuously out of position on both ends of the court and is excruiatingly slow once he gets the ball in his hands which leads to a block, turnover or poorly missed shot and it all appears to be mental
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    When Richard was HC he always went with a 7 or 8 man rotation - if y'all remember correctly - by the end of the season those top 7 were spent...

I haven't seen anything out of Walters that would justify anything more than mop-up duty

Thomas on the other hand is quite different he has the body and needs to develop the feet but he can help in the middle of the defense -

OP, it appears - has taken two steps back this year, he was continuously out of position on both ends of the court and is excruiatingly slow once he gets the ball in his hands which leads to a block, turnover or poorly missed shot and it all appears to be mental
    Correction. Richard always started with a 9-10 man rotation. 5 games in it was culled down to 7-8 and stayed that way.

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

I haven't seen a mention of Richard's halftime video at Saturday's game. Took me by surprise. Nice move on his part.

+ Reply to Thread